Speculation: Gilbert Brule to Phoenix training camp

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
:laugh:

wtf is going on here? Either Maloney has some kind of genius master plan that he has been conducting for the last 72 hours, or we are currently witnessing Maloney's very first brain fart as GM of the Coyotes.

Probably a little bit of frustration as well. He has really been wanting to bring in another winger and I'd bet trades are very hard to pull off right now.

Swat Ultra

~Hockey!~
Sep 23, 2010
Northern NH
well he didn't stay in russia long ( guess the deal was never finished), it seemed like when they first said he got signed in the khl it was out of the blue and then to bring him back a week later is odd.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe they approached him about a contract and they didn't like his number. Perhaps the Brule camp played the KHL card to improve his contract.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Yeeees, big fan of Brule. I was surprised when he was cut from training camp, but it's great to see him back.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
:laugh:

wtf is going on here? Either Maloney has some kind of genius master plan that he has been conducting for the last 72 hours, or we are currently witnessing Maloney's very first brain fart as GM of the Coyotes.

I wonder if it some kind of two for one trade, with Brule being brought up to replace the traded player. What does this tell you about our forward depth on the farm?

SportsRacer21

Mar 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Very odd timing especially since he will go back to Portland where he just left to go to the KHL. I wonder if Brule's signing plus Klesla's recall means a trade might be in place with Klesla(or one of our other defensemen)+a forward. I'm not sure what else would have changed to give Brule a reason to stay in Portland.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't follow the Pirates very closely, but just looking at the numbers, Brule has some pretty impressive stats this year.

He's tied with Tobias Rieder for the team lead in goals (6), despite playing 3 fewer games. He's on a point per game pace, 8 points in 8 games. Eight points also places him tied for 3rd in team scoring, despite playing anywhere from 5 to 9 fewer games than the players in front of him.

I think the primary reason for his new two-way deal was to convince him to stay and not sign that deal in the KHL. Wouldn't mind seeing a call-up soon. Would be interesting to see if his strong play could translate up here.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't follow the Pirates very closely, but just looking at the numbers, Brule has some pretty impressive stats this year.

He's tied with Tobias Rieder for the team lead in goals (6), despite playing 3 fewer games. He's on a point per game pace, 8 points in 8 games. Eight points also places him tied for 3rd in team scoring, despite playing anywhere from 5 to 9 fewer games than the players in front of him.

I think the primary reason for his new two-way deal was to convince him to stay and not sign that deal in the KHL. Wouldn't mind seeing a call-up soon. Would be interesting to see if his strong play could translate up here.

it's over, Ted.

apparently from what I understand, Brule's contract was an PTO, when he was signed by Phoenix after his invitation to camp ended, he never signed the 2-way, which in our terms is an upgrade from a PTO, which means he could've opted out after a set time frame, based off performance, hence the deal from the KHL, All it meant was an upgrade in AHL Terms to a SPC, WHICH IS WHY Brule had to clear waivers to even stay in Portland, that 1 yr 2-way deal now is off the table, because Brule's in the KHL FOR THE Balance of the NA Season, Brule's ineligible to return even if Metallorgorsk fails to make their playoff, the right to resign him after the season is likely gone, since he doesn't fit the QO provision...

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
it's over, Ted.

apparently from what I understand, Brule's contract was an PTO, when he was signed by Phoenix after his invitation to camp ended, he never signed the 2-way, which in our terms is an upgrade from a PTO, which means he could've opted out after a set time frame, based off performance, hence the deal from the KHL, All it meant was an upgrade in AHL Terms to a SPC, WHICH IS WHY Brule had to clear waivers to even stay in Portland, that 1 yr 2-way deal now is off the table, because Brule's in the KHL FOR THE Balance of the NA Season, Brule's ineligible to return even if Metallorgorsk fails to make their playoff, the right to resign him after the season is likely gone, since he doesn't fit the QO provision...

Says he signed a 1year 2 way deal. This article also says he did not sign with the KHL. Just reached a preliminary agreement.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10058208/phoenix-coyotes-sign-gilbert-brule-one-year-deal

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
so said the Coyotes release too on 11/30/13, but our sources said he's not a Coyote or a Pirate but is indeed in the KHL....

I have a very hard time believing the Coyotes would issue a press release saying they signed him to a two-way contract if he were going to the KHL.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
I have a very hard time believing the Coyotes would issue a press release saying they signed him to a two-way contract if he were going to the KHL.

Sorry if this sounds snotty, but how is this a mystery? The Pirates actually do exist right? They have coaches, management, media covering them, and practices...

Is Brule at practice? If not has anyone asked why not and what was the answer?

Have him and Klesla gone on the lam together?

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Maybe...Klesla and Brule...are the same person.

Have they ever been in the same room together at the same time? Maybe they are just a pair of international men of mystery, jetsetting around russia and the continentall US righting wrongs and performing secret missions; no time for hockey for those two.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Have they ever been in the same room together at the same time? Maybe they are just a pair of international men of mystery, jetsetting around russia and the continentall US righting wrongs and performing secret missions; no time for hockey for those two.

They ran off in an old Thunderbird, like Thelma and Louise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad