Gil-3ert loses us the game Habs 3 - Pens 4 SO

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Apparently, there is little space for levity here, according to some. There are tons of posts and threads that contribute intelligently to conversations. There is no need to directly or indirectly berate others who try and use humorous interjection. As far as I know, a little humor never precluded "intelligent conversations". Especially when the content was not meant to be in the conversation, twas just a low-hanging fruit. No need for so much drama. Sheesh.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
dont think gilbert was completely at fault for the OT penalty..but what i'm wondering is why he was getting on in the first place! It's 3-3 for 5 minutes for gods sake! rotate your top 3dmen and top 6 forwards! no need to get everyone on, certainly not a bottom pairing guy in OT.

Overall entertaining game and good effort, didn't put it away when they could have. Pens also hit 4 posts so could've gone the other way too.

I like eller but when he's the second most offensive guy on that second line, there's a problem. #freesemin

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
dont think gilbert was completely at fault for the OT penalty..but what i'm wondering is why he was getting on in the first place! It's 3-3 for 5 minutes for gods sake! rotate your top 3dmen and top 6 forwards! no need to get everyone on, certainly not a bottom pairing guy in OT.

Overall entertaining game and good effort, didn't put it away when they could have. Pens also hit 4 posts so could've gone the other way too.

I like eller but when he's the second most offensive guy on that second line, there's a problem. #freesemin

As funny as it sounds, Gilbert scored a beauty 3 on 3 goal in the pre season, similar to the goal he scored against Quick in LA if you remember that one.

But I agree. I'm fine with Subban, Markov, Petry, and Beaulieu in that order for 3 on 3 OT. Gilbert would only be my #5 choice.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Learning experience for Condon in the shootout. Pretty good overall game though again for him.

While in the meantime....we're still waiting for the supposed top guns to kinda act like top guns. Incredible to be where we are at with the top offensive players struggling like that.

I dont know why or who told Pacioretty to act like a grinder, but he won't score a goal from behind the net thats for sure. He loses all of his board battles. The 1st line is playing like the Mitchell line. But they are not as speedy nor as gritty as them.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
As funny as it sounds, Gilbert scored a beauty 3 on 3 goal in the pre season, similar to the goal he scored against Quick in LA if you remember that one.

But I agree. I'm fine with Subban, Markov, Petry, and Beaulieu in that order for 3 on 3 OT. Gilbert would only be my #5 choice.

I do remember actually. He can definitely skate, but so can byron. At that point in the game, use your best and creative players!

As for patches...he seems to be shooting too high too often. He's not one to pick the corners, but beat the goalie lower with a quick release.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
condon and price are actually very comparable in terms of style but this game showed he still has some flaws.

Time to put pateryn in but Gilbert does block shots

they do look comparable but Condons lateral movement reminded me of Tim Thomas
the way his legs have a flutter moving post to post

not ,harping on him ,hes a good goalie ,merely an observation

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
they do look comparable but Condons lateral movement reminded me of Tim Thomas
the way his legs have a flutter moving post to post

not ,harping on him ,hes a good goalie ,merely an observation

I agree with you, Mike is a good goalie but there is only one Carey Price in the NHL.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Condon has been ridiculously good compared to what we got last year from Tokarski, where you held your breath on every shot.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007

Can you imagine some of the past defensemen playing 3 on 3. Guys like Orr, Coffee, Robinson, Bourque could do with that open ice.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I respect Tom Gilbert but he is the weak link in the top 6. Habs have to play Pateryn soon. He is in game shape from 3 starts in the A. Play him

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I respect Tom Gilbert but he is the weak link in the top 6. Habs have to play Pateryn soon. He is in game shape from 3 starts in the A. Play him

I don't understand why Pateryn or Tinordi haven't been given a chance yet. We have played 2 back to backs yet they didn't play in either game.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Imagine prime Bure and prime Selanne getting 3v3 overtimes.

The Penguins, around their 91-92 championships.

First you have to deal with Lemieux-Jagr-Coffey. If you survive, then it's like Francis-Stevens-Murphy. And there's still guys like Recchi and Mullen on the bench. :help:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The Penguins, around their 91-92 championships.

First you have to deal with Lemieux-Jagr-Coffey. If you survive, then it's like Francis-Stevens-Murphy. And there's still guys like Recchi and Mullen on the bench. :help:

I remember the pens used 5 forwards on the PP when Mario returned from retirement.

I may be a little off but it was something like lemieux, jagr, and lang up front with straka, and kovalev on the point.

Maybe they would have gone with 3 forwards 3 on 3... Who knows.

They have been spoiled with talent in Pittsburgh.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i doubt Buff gets Giordano money but i could be wrong, but yea i know McKenzie is the one who mentioned it and hes obviously credible and all

if he does want 7M i wouldn't want him more than 4-5 years

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don't understand why Pateryn or Tinordi haven't been given a chance yet. We have played 2 back to backs yet they didn't play in either game.

Cause MT must be a superstitious coach that doesn't want to change the line-up when a team wins. But since he did not change things(other than Semin)much, the problems that were there are coming to the surface now cause he ignored them. Pateryn should play but then he'll come back and be green as Hell. Cause he didn't play enough. Coaches sometime look too much for the short term. Like if MT had played Chucky at center a few years ago, he would be ready now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad