Gil-3ert loses us the game Habs 3 - Pens 4 SO

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
How does Eller deserve to be benched more than DSP-Flynn-Byron???

Honestly I feel like DSP is looking better than Eller the past few games. That's not good. Neither belong there. Eller is a 3rd line checking center, DSP is a 4th line winger. Galchenyuk play has been disappointing to say the least. That line has had 0 chemistry since very early with Semin.

I think both LW and RW need to be addressed if Semin comes back and fails again.

Iggy should be acquired ASAP.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I didn't think Gilbert deserved either of those late penalties. The first one was a Penguin dive and the too-many-men was a weak call in OT IMO. We're always going to have a "worst defenseman on the team". I don't think Gilbert has been terrible in that role.
Funny thing is the same could be said of Semin's benching. The team was winning, Semin wasn't playing that bad, heck the line was actually dangerous sometimes. Then, first loss BAM, Semin is benched.

I don't mind this reasoning but I wish it applied consistently.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I`d play a sack of potatoes before Gilbert.

u1ewm.jpg

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
It's called humor. Ha ha , you know

I just find it pathetic that fans of a team have to desperately seek out a whipping boy every year then make up crap that the team would magically be better if he was hurt or traded.

The whole reason Tinordi and Payeryn have not played is that Gilbert has been very solid on D.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I just find it pathetic that fans of a team have to desperately seek out a whipping boy every year then make up crap that the team would magically be better if he was hurt or traded.

The whole reason Tinordi and Payeryn have not played is that Gilbert has been very solid on D.

I agree , but the gravestone was just for fun.

And this board was created for people to exchange opinions and have fun.

People take things too serious sometimes.

With no whining and whipping boys this place would be dead boring

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Uh, did I miss something? I don't feel like going beyond the first page but Emelin PLAYED SO MUCH WORSE than Gilbert so I don't get why a ton of people are blaming him for the loss.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Basically lifted the words from a post. It's about job loss, not death. Thanks for getting it. ;)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Giilbert played like ****, and I'm not happy with his penalties... but I'm confused as how he lost us the game? We killed his penalties and went to a shootout?

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Giilbert played like ****, and I'm not happy with his penalties... but I'm confused as how he lost us the game? We killed his penalties and went to a shootout?

Dont think he lost mtl the game like some believe but he needs a bit of time riding the pine. How is Pateryn going to develop watching this pilon.

Its important to have cheap 5-6 defenseman and Pateryn can be that.

Emelin was atrocious last nite. I believe it was him who got caught flat footed which put Petry in a bad spot on the tying goal. Tho just going by memory so could be wrong

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

But saying "get Gilbert out of the lineup he sucks" is both wrong plus it contributes nothing to intelligent conversation.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Dont think he lost mtl the game like some believe but he needs a bit of time riding the pine. How is Pateryn going to develop watching this pilon.

Its important to have cheap 5-6 defenseman and Pateryn can be that.

Emelin was atrocious last nite. I believe it was him who got caught flat footed which put Petry in a bad spot on the tying goal. Tho just going by memory so could be wrong

I have no problem sitting Beaulieu and Gilbert to get Tinordi and Pateryn a few games. Not because they suck but because the other two have to play.

I like Pateryn, but he hasn't shown to be a better d-man than what Gilbert has given us this year.

I didn't really notice Emelin being any worse than most. Overall it was a bad defensive game for the team, that's as much on the forwards as on the D. The Phil Dupuis goal was on Plekanetz for example. I'm not too worked up about it, I'm sure the layoff and father's trip may have contributed to the horrible 1st period.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

It cost the habs time to go on the offensive. It became about surviving the late 3rd period penalty to get to OT (I thought the pitt player did a good job helping it along too).

Then, it became about surviving the 4 on 3 OT to get to the shootout.

It was too much time in survival mode during the times when its most dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad