Gil-3ert loses us the game Habs 3 - Pens 4 SO

Capitaine Subban*

He played well tonight imo. But i think DSP could probably not score in an empty net if his life depended on it.

I said last year DSP was Turner Stevenson 2.0. I changed my mind. Turned had more hands than that.

If you give DSP 10 minnutes to shot he will make a big shot here and there. But it's the NHL you never have so much time to fire it. Maybe in the CHL and AHL but not in the NHL.

DSP works hard and he his good defensively. He knows how to play hockey. But god those hands ...

Damn :biglaugh: this is a mean thing to say even on your worst enemy !

tresHabs

Oct 22, 2015
Gotta hand it to Condon, first game he's given up 3 regulation goals in his 9 GP. I'll take our 3 points over Pens' 2 this season.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Time to shake it up

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Weise
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Flash-Desharnais-Semin
Byron-Mitchell-DSP

Sit that Gilbert already and Pateryn in.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
How about you chill out and stop telling other people how they're supposed to act. We're having a great season but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to critique the team.

I am completely because I realize it is a long season and things will not be perfect, we are playing a much better style this year that is nowhere near as dependent on our goalies and that is a big step forward, we lead the league or are at the top in most categories. The glass is definitely half full.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The good news is that the team is playing great while our top-3 guns are either injured or under-performing. Price is out and both Pacioretty and Subban can (and will) be much better.

Time to shake it up

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Weise
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Flash-Desharnais-Semin
Byron-Mitchell-DSP

Sit that Gilbert already and Pateryn in.

Overreaction. The only change I'd consider is Pateryn in for Gilbert. Besides, Flynn doesn't deserve to sit. Eller, on the other hand...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The good news is that the team is playing great while our top-3 guns are either injured or under-performing. Price is out and both Pacioretty and Subban can (and will) be much better.

Overreaction. The only change I'd consider is Pateryn in for Gilbert. Besides, Flynn doesn't deserve to sit. Eller, on the other hand...

Flynn is no more productive than Eller and has shown he cannot keep up with Galchenyuk on the 3rd line.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
who do you take from the top 2 lines to give Galchenyuk a LW then ? Fleishmann ? Patches ?

If the goal is not to win but to make sure Galchenyuk produces, which is what many here seem to imply, you put DD on his LW and watch him produce. Obviously, Eller isn't sitting any time soon. All I'm saying is that he's the one that deserves it the most.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Time for Pateryn to jump into the lineup in place of Gilbert Gilbert..... No points and costly mistakes is all i see! (like that dumb penalty he took last night) He moves the puck fairly well, but then again, so does Greg.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Hockey is a team game, the Habs played a desperate Penguins team that outshot them in a SO, hardly a bad loss it was a very close game that could have gone either way IMHO.:nod::nod::nod:

Davebo*

Hockey is a team game, the Habs played a desperate Penguins team that outshot them in a SO, hardly a bad loss it was a very close game that could have gone either way IMHO.:nod::nod::nod:

Agreed. It was a decent game. We might have backed off a bit in the 3rd - Gilbert didn't help. Plus - we still got a point out of it.

13-2-2 seems better than 13-3-1 so I'll take it. ;)

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
I didn't think Gilbert deserved either of those late penalties. The first one was a Penguin dive and the too-many-men was a weak call in OT IMO. We're always going to have a "worst defenseman on the team". I don't think Gilbert has been terrible in that role.

Davebo*

He has very obvious moments of either indecisiveness or sheer terror when he receives the puck, and hesitates, letting the opposition close in on him, then he panics and make a boneheaded play.

Not every time, but enough that it's noticeable - at least to me. Most other D play the puck quickly and confidently. Not so with Tom...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Time for Pateryn to jump into the lineup in place of Gilbert Gilbert..... No points and costly mistakes is all i see! (like that dumb penalty he took last night) He moves the puck fairly well, but then again, so does Greg.

I would cycle Pateryn and Tinordi through, not because Gilbert has played poorly, but to get those two into some games. Maybe look at getting Tinordi 2-3 games in St.Johns for conditioning first like Pateryn did.

I didn't think Gilbert deserved either of those late penalties. The first one was a Penguin dive and the too-many-men was a weak call in OT IMO. We're always going to have a "worst defenseman on the team". I don't think Gilbert has been terrible in that role.

Agree 100%. Fear could have gotten two for diving, that was Oscar worthy. The too many men he was standing next to the bench and didn't get involved in the play.

Still can't believe Weise came back from that injury. It looked horrible.

What looked worse than the injury was not being able to put weight on the leg. Might have been more pain than an actual injury.

I would call up Bud Holloway to see what he can do.

The issue with that is we have 23 players active, can't have 24.

I would give Semin another 2-3 weeks to get going, then look at guys like Carr, Holloway, Hudon and Andrighetto.

I didn't know Beaulieu's father was speaking french.Why the hell doesn't Nathan speak french :laugh:

Always found it weird when the child of anyone doesn't talk the first language of both of his parents, even if they grew up somewhere else.If I had kids with a spanish woman they would speak spanish, regardless of where we are.

Oh well.

Nathan grew up in Saint John when Jacques coached there. Still a bit strange I agree.

So Tinordi's father was the only father not to make the trip? I guess Mark isn't too happy with the Habs right about now.

...or Maybe he had prior obligations.

He played well tonight imo. But i think DSP could probably not score in an empty net if his life depended on it.

I said last year DSP was Turner Stevenson 2.0. I changed my mind. Turned had more hands than that.

If you give DSP 10 minnutes to shot he will make a big shot here and there. But it's the NHL you never have so much time to fire it. Maybe in the CHL and AHL but not in the NHL.

DSP works hard and he his good defensively. He knows how to play hockey. But god those hands ...

He did score 27 in 55 AHL games 2 years ago. He's gotten in good spots and gotten his shot off pretty good this year but hit a lot of posts or barely missed, he's been snakebitten.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Not a bad game at all, could've easily went our way with a little more finish. That too many men penalty was such garbage, didn't effect the play at all I hate when that happens.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
just got back from the game. i was sitting few rows behind montreal bench. I was so close to hero Mikey therrien i could smell it. Its a beautiful feeling when you're sitting that close to your man crush. What a game....:amazed:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We are sitting on leads lately for only one single reason....team has no confidence that the top guns will make a difference. We're freakin counting on Weise and Mitchell to make an offensive difference. It makes no sense.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If the goal is not to win but to make sure Galchenyuk produces, which is what many here seem to imply, you put DD on his LW and watch him produce. Obviously, Eller isn't sitting any time soon. All I'm saying is that he's the one that deserves it the most.
How does Eller deserve to be benched more than DSP-Flynn-Byron???

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Does he smell like cigarettes and smoked meat?

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad