Value of: Gibson to Colorado

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Not a position of need whatsoever. Even if Grubaeur falters, Avs fans trust Francouz just fine. Plus Grubby & Franky make less than Gibson.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I honestly don’t think Gibson is included when the Ducks say they are listening on everyone.

Gibson is still young and is a great goalie. Trading him away with no replacement would set them back many years. He can and should be a part of the rebuild.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Getting Gibson would probably cost the Ducks Bowen Byram, Alex Newhook and Tyson Jost. Not sure the Avs would want to do that.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Getting Gibson would probably cost the Ducks Bowen Byram, Alex Newhook and Tyson Jost. Not sure the Avs would want to do that.
For that package you could get the Lightning listening on Vasilevskiy. Overpayment for any goalie, even if the Avs needed one as bad as the Oilers or Sharks.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
Gibson is probably the only guy in Ana with a safe job, having said that only way you're getting him is with a massive overpay..

Did nobody watch the avs in the playoffs last year? Grubauer and Smith both stepped up their game and were lights out, I've got no reason to believe he cant do it again, if they are going to get anyone it would be ryan miller to play backup to grubauer. I like francouz too but hes not as proven

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
I'm an Avs fan.

No, I don't trust either goalie to win a Stanley Cup and I'm not in the minority.

You might be in the minority their friend. Having seen what he did last year it's his job until it's not. Goalies are basically roulette, there is no evidence that Gibson could come in and do a better job. Tuukka is a garbage goalie in the first half of the season most years but then becomes an allstar, vaselevsky got swept in the first round with the best team in the league in front of him

Reactions: DarthProbert

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
You might be in the minority their friend. Having seen what he did last year it's his job until it's not. Goalies are basically roulette, there is no evidence that Gibson could come in and do a better job. Tuukka is a garbage goalie in the first half of the season most years but then becomes an allstar, vaselevsky got swept in the first round with the best team in the league in front of him

Nah.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

This Avs fans would give Grubi and Byram in order to get Gibson.

Reactions: milehigh11

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
RoyIsALegend is not in the minority among Avs fans, when it comes to trusting Gru/Franky.
Gibson is holding the Ducks back from a successful rebuild.
He wins games that they need to lose, in order to get better draft picks.

They are bottom team with Gibson. It would be foolish to sell off core pieces just to get a slightly better chance at winning a lottery.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm as big of a fanboy of Byram as they come, but I'd break my own heart and package him for Gibson pretty easily.

The Avs with that monster in net would be unstoppable.

EDIT: For the record, I seriously doubt the Ducks trade Gibson. When you include contracts he's the best goaltender in the league.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
RoyIsALegend is not in the minority among Avs fans, when it comes to trusting Gru/Franky.
Gibson is holding the Ducks back from a successful rebuild.
He wins games that they need to lose, in order to get better draft picks.

I like this point. So the pitch line to Anaheim fans should be: "Help us help you."

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What’s the best return in the cap era on a goalie? I’m guessing Schneider for 9th overall.

I’d say it would require Bowen Byram to get it done and I’m not so sure Sakic would ever trade him.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What’s the best return in the cap era on a goalie? I’m guessing Schneider for 9th overall.

I’d say it would require Bowen Byram to get it done and I’m not so sure Sakic would ever trade him.

Gibson is better than Schneider was at that time.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Which is why I mentioned Bo Byram. A 4th overall pick vs a 9th overall pick is very substantial difference.

There's no historical precedent for a goalie of his calibre being traded recently which makes it hard to see him moved

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
There's no historical precedent for a goalie of his calibre being traded recently which makes it hard to see him moved
Correct.

There’s also no recent historical precedent for a top 4 pick being traded within a year of being drafted.

Im not saying Colorado or Anaheim should do a trade around Byram and Gibson. I’m simply suggesting that, to me that would probably be around where the value lands.

Reactions: Avs420

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
For that package you could get the Lightning listening on Vasilevskiy. Overpayment for any goalie, even if the Avs needed one as bad as the Oilers or Sharks.
Not going to lie. I'd strongly consider that trade and figure out goaltending somewhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad