Prospect Info: Gianni Fairbrother a.k.a. Giovanni Fairbrudder

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

You can use a coupon provided by a bunch of USHL teams. It's for a limited time only (expires November 9th) and you get 80$ off. Once I saw that, I subscribed. I was hesitant to pay the full 250$. As soon as I saw the special, I went for it.

You just enter the code when required if you sign up and go for a subscription.

Wow awesome. I would not have paid 250$ for sure. By the way, I scroll the see the leagues..and I don't find the Czech league. What's the name of it?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Went back a week or two ago to meet some friends for coffee, never seen it look worse. So many tents and people pushing shopping carts. I still read the crime beats for the gems like these.

‘Shadow boxing’ Nanaimo man arrested after challenging convenience store customers to fights - Nanaimo News Bulletin

Anyways, back on topic, I'm excited to see what Gianni can do offensively in the BCHL with the role he has been given. I'd love to see him light it up, since as most of us know, Everett is more of a defensive than offensive team (although Dennis Williams has balanced it out a bit recently)

Nanaimo is a homeless sanctuary, only reason I go there is to get on or off the Ferry.

I'm have a hard time getting a read on Gianni. Reminds me more a Brent Lerner, which isn't a good thing.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nanaimo is a homeless sanctuary, only reason I go there is to get on or off the Ferry.

I'm have a hard time getting a read on Gianni. Reminds me more a Brent Lerner, which isn't a good thing.

I don't see it as Lerner was shaky in his own end, was just a really poor pick. Fairbrother put up the same points in their WHL careers but in about half the games played.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
We traded up for him, too.

But he looks badass right? RIGHT?

brett-lernout-2020-7776.jpg

Reactions: dinodebino

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think like many of our prospects he was mishandled by Sylvain LeFebvre. I really thought he was NHL material.

A whole lot of our prospects failed to develop simply because they were not that good. But Sylvain Lefebvre definitely didn't do anything to help any of that. He's the worst thing that could happen to our AHL team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think like many of our prospects he was mishandled by Sylvain LeFebvre. I really thought he was NHL material.

I wouldn't say so with Lernout as other then his size and physical game he didn't bring much else. Just a really bad call by the scouts as he wasn't good in his own end and while he had a big shot he wasn't good offensively either.

Reactions: Tyson

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wouldn't say so with Lernout as other then his size and physical game he didn't bring much else. Just a really bad call by the scouts as he wasn't good in his own end and while he had a big shot he wasn't good offensively either.
TBH his physical game was actually super inconsistent as a pro , that was one of his biggest flaws to me. I would have liked him a bit more if he at least was a beast in the corners and in front of the net but he could be quite soft at his size. He had a reputation as a good fighter in the WHL and he barely did any of that as a pro as well.

Reactions: montreal

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo Clippers finished their extended pre-season on Tuesday. Fairbrother played in 8 of their games. After going pointless in the first 3 games, he finished with 5 pts (3G, 2A) in the last 5 games.

The BCHL has a start date set for December 1st. But no schedule released yet.

No way they start Dec 1, covid is making life miserable in BC again for sports. No travel outside any city for sports till Dec 9th at the earliest. Plus, no way they will allow fans so.. what's the point .. no tv deal to speak of.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
“When you enter our dressing room and glance at the captain’s wall, it energizes you to deliver the same effort, consistency, and energy as those before you, and I’m excited for that opportunity,” said Fairbrother. “I looked up to Noah Juulsen, Kevin Davis, Matt Fonteyne, Connor Dewar, and Bryce Kindopp. To follow in their footsteps is a privilege. They taught me about the importance of making your teammates feel valued. We had a great group last year, and a lot of guys returning who have taken big steps with progress. I can’t wait to get started with this season along with a great teammate in Cole.”

Reactions: Sagikev and Gyfu

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Looks like a really good pick!

I've thought so but it's hard to say since he's missed so much time. As a late B-day, here's how he compares in games played to other Hab WHL late B-day D prospects,

Fairbrother - 137-17-49-66 +29 151 pims (.48 ppg)
Fleury - 269-32-95-127 -92 178 pims (.47 ppg)
Lernout - 205-23-43-66 -11 214 pims (.32 ppg)
Thrower - 285-42-105-147 +39 414 pims (.52 ppg)

not a late B-day,

Brook - 204-31-126-157 +92 206 pims (.77 ppg)
Juulsen - 240-30-94-124 +48 149 pims (.52 ppg)
Tyszka - 213-25-76-101 -5 145 pims (.47 ppg)
Walford - 290-30-144-174 +20 203 pims (.6 ppg)

So Fairbother at 137 games is way lower then anyone else, Brook and Lernout at 204/5 are the closest and just shows how little he's played and how much key development time he's missed. That said as long as he can stay healthy going forward and gets some time with Bouchard, I think he will surprise to some degree.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I've thought so but it's hard to say since he's missed so much time. As a late B-day, here's how he compares in games played to other Hab WHL late B-day D prospects,

Fairbrother - 137-17-49-66 +29 151 pims (.48 ppg)
Fleury - 269-32-95-127 -92 178 pims (.47 ppg)
Lernout - 205-23-43-66 -11 214 pims (.32 ppg)
Thrower - 285-42-105-147 +39 414 pims (.52 ppg)

not a late B-day,

Brook - 204-31-126-157 +92 206 pims (.77 ppg)
Juulsen - 240-30-94-124 +48 149 pims (.52 ppg)
Tyszka - 213-25-76-101 -5 145 pims (.47 ppg)
Walford - 290-30-144-174 +20 203 pims (.6 ppg)

So Fairbother at 137 games is way lower then anyone else, Brook and Lernout at 204/5 are the closest and just shows how little he's played and how much key development time he's missed. That said as long as he can stay healthy going forward and gets some time with Bouchard, I think he will surprise to some degree.

Yep, it’s too bad he got injured a few times. I’m big on the eye test and from what I’ve seen, he looks really solid all around. Good skating, better than I though offensively, really strong, we know he can fight (ask Tyszka, who was older than him then) and has really high IQ.

I believe in players with high IQ, I think it’s the most important aspect of a young player. If a player with low IQ gets to the NHL it’s because he relies on his physical tool. Players with high IQ and good physical tools will be able to adapt to tougher and faster opponents and be able to improve more than someone with low IQ. I’ve watched a few games of his in the W but the last 2 confirmed that he can adapt to a higher level of hockey. He could easily play the whole AHL season.

Harris, Guhle, Fairbrother and Norlinder have great IQ and I can definitely get behind those picks. I will honestly say that I had no clue about them (minus Guhle) at draft time. Kudos to Timmins. I think it’s been a lot better since Dudley left the org.

Reactions: montreal

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Overagers are really good junior players but most have no NHL future. They aren't doing Fairbrother any favors by sending him back to a league that he has learned everything he can from. Would be better off playing against stronger competition and developing at the next level in the AHL. Guhle is still very young and the rules mandate a return to junior, not so for Fairbrother.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Overagers are really good junior players but most have no NHL future. They aren't doing Fairbrother any favors by sending him back to a league that he has learned everything he can from. Would be better off playing against stronger competition and developing at the next level in the AHL. Guhle is still very young and the rules mandate a return to junior, not so for Fairbrother.

Fairbrother missed a lot of time to injury. Getting 1st pair minute in the WHL vs 3rd pair/spare D in the AHL for half a season shouldn't kill his development.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

i moved this cause I was talking about this the other day, look 2 posts up from yours.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

I would usually agree, but this year there's 35 players on the Rocket's roster. I'd rather he play top pair than in and out of the line-up.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's good enough to play the whole season with Laval right now but sadly he would have been the odd man out most nights . With Ouellet, Fleury, Leskinen, Olofsson, Schueneman and Brook , there's just no spot for him. He's made an excellent impression at least, he'll be back next year for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad