Prospect Info: Gianni Fairbrother a.k.a. Giovanni Fairbrudder

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's news to me as well, I must have been sleeping ! Might be a tad early for Fairbrother in my book, 3 seasons in the dub with some lost time due to injury, I don't know if that's enough for him to be ready for the jump .

I think he'll be fine, he has missed so much time though as 144 games would be 2 full seasons and he's only at 137 plus 35 playoff games at least. The main thing was I thought he would go back to the dub to work on his offensive game and it would be interesting to see how he does when not paired with Wylie since he was always with him in the few games i saw. But he was on pace for 49 pts this year which is right there with what Fleury did in his age 19 season as well (since both at late B-day's it's easier to compare them)

I really think he's underrated because of the amount of quality prospects we have on defence at the moment. If he develops properly, I think he can be a Craig Rivet type defensemen (with much better skating). Those are always very useful.

If he does sign, and starts in the AHL, we could have a nice little group of players on the back end including, Josh Brook, Cale Fleury (NHL/AHL), Noah Juulsen (NHL/AHL), Gianni Fairbrother, Alexander Romanov (Most likely NHL, but who knows). They will more than likely add Jordan Harris and perhaps Jayden Struble to this group next year with Mattias Norlinder not too far behind.

100% he's underrated due to how many impressive D prospects we have in front of him and getting injured and missing the rest of the season didn't help matters either.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Better fighter than Tyszka for sure (that was his draft year):

The interesting part with this one is that after suffering a concussion at the Rookie Showcase, Tyszka missed months of hockey. This was his first game back and he got in a fight. I remember we were all shaking our heads at Tyszka's stupidity here. After Habs picked Fairbrother, I learned that fight was against Fairbrother.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
The interesting part with this one is that after suffering a concussion at the Rookie Showcase, Tyszka missed months of hockey. This was his first game back and he got in a fight. I remember we were all shaking our heads at Tyszka's stupidity here. After Habs picked Fairbrother, I learned that fight was against Fairbrother.

Haha yep, I remember that! I wonder if our scouts were watching his return lol

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I remember this guy at Habs prospect camp as having decent skating, decent size and an above average shooting ability for his draft ranking. His upside is alright.
Yeah, he's basically Guhle-lite (or Guhle is Fairbrother on roids lol) both are smart athletic smooth-skating D with a strong shot

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fairbrother in the line-up for Nanaimo. Game will start at 10PM ET.

ElDh9GvVMAAus-N

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Yeah, but the downside is you have to visit Nanaimo.
Went back a week or two ago to meet some friends for coffee, never seen it look worse. So many tents and people pushing shopping carts. I still read the crime beats for the gems like these.

‘Shadow boxing’ Nanaimo man arrested after challenging convenience store customers to fights - Nanaimo News Bulletin

Anyways, back on topic, I'm excited to see what Gianni can do offensively in the BCHL with the role he has been given. I'd love to see him light it up, since as most of us know, Everett is more of a defensive than offensive team (although Dennis Williams has balanced it out a bit recently)

Reactions: covfefe

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Did you bought All Access, Community or SPHL? What's the freakin difference?

All access. It's the only one that lets you watch USHL.

Also worth noting, HockeyTV also broadcasts the Czech Extraliga, where we can watch Mysak. As well as the Sloval Extraliga, where if anyone is interested, can watch Verbeek.

So with the All Access, you get:

USHL: Farrell, Smith, Dobes, and Pitlick
BCHL: Fairbrother and Ruscheinski
Czech: Mysak
Slovak: Verbeek

So there are 8 prospects to watch. Not to mention, you can go back and watch old games. I watched one of Tuch with the USNTDP from last year.

Reactions: cphabs

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
All access. It's the only one that lets you watch USHL.

Also worth noting, HockeyTV also broadcasts the Czech Extraliga, where we can watch Mysak. As well as the Sloval Extraliga, where if anyone is interested, can watch Verbeek.

So with the All Access, you get:

USHL: Farrell, Smith, Dobes, and Pitlick
BCHL: Fairbrother and Ruscheinski
Czech: Mysak
Slovak: Verbeek

So there are 8 prospects to watch. Not to mention, you can go back and watch old games. I watched one of Tuch with the USNTDP from last year.

Great thanks.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great thanks.

You can use a coupon provided by a bunch of USHL teams. It's for a limited time only (expires November 9th) and you get 80$ off. Once I saw that, I subscribed. I was hesitant to pay the full 250$. As soon as I saw the special, I went for it.

You just enter the code when required if you sign up and go for a subscription.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad