Confirmed with Link: Gianni Fairborther signs a 3 years ELC (848k AAV)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Happy for Jennifer Brother. But what does it mean for Leguerrier? WE are already at 48 out of 50 this year...and you have to think Caufield will add his name...and maybe Harris too.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Happy for Jennifer Brother. But what does it mean for Leguerrier? WE are already at 48 out of 50 this year...and you have to think Caufield will add his name...and maybe Harris too.

Fairbrother starts next year, we are still at 47 this year.

Many of Perry, Lindgren, Baddock, Weal, Frolik, Blandisi, Lucchini, Pezzetta, Dauphin, Vejdemo, Verbeek, Olofsson, Leskinen and Demchenko might not be back next year so a bunch of contract will be freed.

If Leguerrier is not signed, it's because they judge he's not worth 3 years, not because of a contract crunch.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

His ELC kicks in next year. Where at this moment, Montreal has 22/50 contracts.

As for Caufield, I think he will get his ELC right away and burn a year so he joins Montreal right away.

For Harris, I'm thinking they may do the Cayden Primeau thing, where they sign him to an AHL PTO and his ELC at the same time (but his ELC kicks in next year) so he can join Laval. Or they can do the Ylonen thing (sign him to an AHL deal until the end of this year) and sign him to his ELC in the off-season. So again, he can join Laval.

As for LeGuerrier, I would love to see him get in the line-up for Laval. Fairbrother got his shot and earned an ELC out of it. I think LeGuerrier could be given that opportunity.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fairbrother is better defensively, smarter, not as big as Fleury but both are physical.

I liked Fairbrother at his first development camp. Looking forward to following him further.

Keep all the d prospects. Let the cram rise to the top.

Fairbrother, Brook, and Harris should be in Laval next year. Maybe Struble and Norlinder too.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Maybe he'll take Price's job :sarcasm:

OdvA8SL.jpg

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I will say this. They've drafted a very good batch of defenceman recently with Fairbrother, Guhle, Romanov, Norlinder, Struble and Harris. And they still have Fleury. Very, very strong, deep group.
Fairbrother is a much better prospect than Brooks.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
I believe you were auto corrected on the name..:)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I liked Fairbrother at his first development camp. Looking forward to following him further.

Keep all the d prospects. Let the cram rise to the top.

Fairbrother, Brook, and Harris should be in Laval next year. Maybe Struble and Norlinder too.

Norlinder can't play in Laval next year, it's NHL or SHL due to him being under contract in Sweden and being a non 1st round pick. Struble I would not put in Laval either, give him next year to be the man and see how it goes. Harris gets the top line and top PP mins, I would like to see what Struble can do when given the reins.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Norlinder can't play in Laval next year, it's NHL or SHL due to him being under contract in Sweden and being a non 1st round pick. Struble I would not put in Laval either, give him next year to be the man and see how it goes. Harris gets the top line and top PP mins, I would like to see what Struble can do when given the reins.

Norlinder can play NHL next year? I thought because he's under contract with Frolunda next year, as well, he can't come to North America no matter what. I agree about Struble, too. He needs some more time in the NCAA before he can take the next step.

I'm real happy Fairbrother is signed. I would think the only prospects that will be signed to an ELC for next year will be Caufield, Harris, and RHP.

I'd love to see LeGuerrier get some games in, though. Seeing as, like Fairbrother, the Habs will lose his rights in June, it would be cool to evaluate him before OHL begins (if they ever do).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Norlinder can play NHL next year? I thought because he's under contract with Frolunda next year, as well, he can't come to North America no matter what. I agree about Struble, too. He needs some more time in the NCAA before he can take the next step.

I'm real happy Fairbrother is signed. I would think the only prospects that will be signed to an ELC for next year will be Caufield, Harris, and RHP.

I'd love to see LeGuerrier get some games in, though. Seeing as, like Fairbrother, the Habs will lose his rights in June, it would be cool to evaluate him before OHL begins (if they ever do).

Yes, there's a PTA in place with Sweden, the rule is non 1st rounders have to be loaned back to their team if they don't make the NHL team. I believe the NHL team has to sign them by a certain date, under the old PTA I want to say it was June 30th. I know Norlinder has said he expects to play for Frolunda next year and that should be good for him since he lost his spot in the top 3. But we'll see what the Habs say.

Hard to say who else gets signed as some might get AHL deals, we have a lot of possible open spots with such a massive UFA/RFA class so it depends on what their plans are. Plus we need to fill out the roster for our ECHL team. I would certainly look at signing LeGuerrier and put him in the ECHL.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes, there's a PTA in place with Sweden, the rule is non 1st rounders have to be loaned back to their team if they don't make the NHL team. I believe the NHL team has to sign them by a certain date, under the old PTA I want to say it was June 30th. I know Norlinder has said he expects to play for Frolunda next year and that should be good for him since he lost his spot in the top 3. But we'll see what the Habs say.

Hard to say who else gets signed as some might get AHL deals, we have a lot of possible open spots with such a massive UFA/RFA class so it depends on what their plans are. Plus we need to fill out the roster for our ECHL team. I would certainly look at signing LeGuerrier and put him in the ECHL.

Yes. I like that.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes. I like that.

the PTA stuff though is from 2nd hand info, I tried finding it online when they signed the new PTA and I still can't locate the rules. I know I read that they made a change and that non 1st round picks that are under contract with their Euro club have to be returned if they don't make the team. I would think that could be worked out in advance though, if the club doesn't need said player. We haven't run into a situation yet were we had a player that was signed with their Euro club and we brought them over under the new PTA.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad