Movies: Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Just watched this. Liked it a lot. But...the first half dragged like hell... On the other hand, the 3rd act was awesome. 8+ or 8½ /10. I hope they do another one with a better story and tighter directing/editing. Also, McKenna Grace is a really talented young lady. The song that plays during the credits....Decent song, terrible chorus.
Hated the song when I heard it in the theatre. Then listened to it 200 times in a week. Now I am on a three week cleanse xD

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Saw it yesterday. Some thoughts.

Cons:

- first half is sluggish
- too many fan service moments (and this is coming from someone who loves/indulges in fan service)
- Some odd plot point choices
- Uses same villain as the 1st movie without really introducing any new elements to said villain.

Pros:

- I liked the characterization choices for the main characters.
- Pacing of the movie is really good in the 2nd half
- Screenplay was pretty decent(overall)
- Special moment at the end of the movie was one of (if not) my favorite moment(s) from the entire franchise (including the cartoons)

Dont want to spoil that special moment at the end of the movie but it literally elevated it from a 2 star movie to a 3 star for me. (out of 4)

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Not my cup of tea. It wasn't horrible like the reboot, just not that great. On the other hand i didn't care much for the 2nd movie either and no i'm not Bill Murray.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
People need to rewatch the reboot. It gets a lot of crap still. Some actually hilarious moments in it, good performance from Wiig especially and an entertaining story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad