Recalled/Assigned: Ghost Returned To Phantoms (October 31, 2014)

WACCAttack

Mar 5, 2013
What are the contract implications? Does this start the clock on his ELC? Also, once guys are healthy again he'll just be sent back down, right?

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
tumblr_m0lm3j279c1r8c567o1_1280_zpseccpqpjn.gif

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
What are the contract implications? Does this start the clock on his ELC? Also, once guys are healthy again he'll just be sent back down, right?

I believe the clock started on his ELC as soon as he played his first AHL game. Or something like that.

And yes, he'll probably be sent back unless he plays out of his mind.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Started this season regardless. Hagg's starts once he plays more than 9 NHL games this year.

Gostisbehere strikes me as a guy that will make it very difficult to send him down, much like in the preseason.

WACCAttack

Mar 5, 2013
Oh, so the concerns in the thread were more about his ability to keep up than contract/development related (assuming he gets sent back down). That's good to know.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Some of you get too caught up on the "don't rush the kids" stuff. Ghost is 21, he's not a 17 year old kid who just got drafted. The reason he was in the AHL was because there are aspects of his game where he could still improve, it's not the same thing as sending someone like Sanheim back to juniors because he's still developing and isn't ready to play at this level. Ghost is what he is and isn't going to grow anymore, he just needs to improve his defense a bit but he can probably do that at the NHL level too.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Little surprised he was called. Would have liked him to have a season in the minors. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Atleast he'll bring some excitement to our defense.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Some of you get too caught up on the "don't rush the kids" stuff. Ghost is 21, he's not a 17 year old kid who just got drafted. The reason he was in the AHL was because there are aspects of his game where he could still improve, it's not the same thing as sending someone like Sanheim back to juniors because he's still developing and isn't ready to play at this level. Ghost is what he is and isn't going to grow anymore, he just needs to improve his defense a bit but he can probably do that at the NHL level too.

I just think that at this point in time the AHL is a much better place to improve his defensive play. Who do you feel comfortable with on our roster to pair him with?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just think that at this point in time the AHL is a much better place to improve his defensive play. Who do you feel comfortable with on our roster to pair him with?

He'll play with either Grossmann or Schultz I would think. Probably Schultz.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Maybe, but I'm not worried about this hurting his development at all.

As for who he plays with, I have no clue what Berube is thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Streit-Grossmann Schenn-MDZ and Schultz-Ghost

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
"Alt Jersey" doesn't mean what you think it does. :sarcasm:

Also, Detroit is a speed team, so better for Gostisbehere than against the Bruins for example.

This too. Detroit isnt overly physical. Not a bad night to see if he can handle NHL forecheckers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ghost is a puck mover, so it makes sense. The only defensemen left who can make a pass are Streit and Del Zotto.

I assumed it would be Alt, but you are right. Ghost is replacing MacDonald.

If LSchenn had broken his foot maybe Alt would have got the call.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Doesn't seem like a guy that would make a statement like that without some kind of inside knowledge.

Speaking of Buccigross, his obsession with Gostisbehere is beyond creepy now. :laugh:

You can hear the love. He also tweeted midseason last year that Ghost would be anchoring the Flyers' top PP unit this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad