Rumor: Getzlaf would consider waiving his NMC for Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just when our season series with Anaheim ended we have to face this unglorified goon more times this season. :laugh:
I was thinking he’d consider avs too.... as I think avs are a much better fit for him.

Av fans can’t be too upset about last night, Jost went for puck late and sucker punched Jones... not exactly innocent.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
How would this even work cap wise without Vegas removing players from their roster?

Depending what Anaheim does. I just turned on NHL Network. Seems like Rakell and Manson are on the block for first + prospect. That shaves down Anaheim’s salary by 4.6 million on those contracts. Anaheim may take cap dumps back from Vegas??

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Mack kadri Getz would give the avs a very mean/strong center depth

I’d like to cheer for the avs this post season, just give me a reason
:naughty:
He’s always been one of my fav players. He was a beast in his prime, he did it all.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Nosek + Holden out for Getz @ 75% works without removing significant roster pieces

Question is, how much futures do they have to pay for retention and to move those 2 contracts

I'd guess at minimum their 2 2nds would be gone

Reactions: Getz2noone

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Nosek + Holden out for Getz @ 75% works without removing significant roster pieces

Question is, how much futures do they have to pay for retention and to move those 2 contracts

I'd guess at minimum their 2 2nds would be gone

I would expect Rakell and Manson to be traded first to relieve 4.6 million in salary cap space. Then negotiate retention afterwards with Vegas. Or take on a bad contract or two with Vegas for picks. But like you suggested Anaheim needs to be paid adequately for taking on more salary while it’s in rebuild mode.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Close to "home"? Puke. This is about a rat wanting to jump the ship to fight for scraps at least one last time before the ship fully goes down with him on it.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Getzlaf would be unbelievable on Vegas.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Pittsburgh is close to Vegas, no?
Sure if you consider 2,400 miles being close to Vegas, Then go for it.
It all depends on your frame of reference.

If we're talking from where you are to the nearest town square, no - 2,400 miles isn't close.
If we're talking about from here to the far side of Neptune, then 2,400 miles is pretty f***ing close.

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
How is Getzlaf nowadays, how many seasons before he retires? Don't really follow Ducks anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad