Getzlaf hit on Virtanen

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Definitely a penalty.......

And I’m biased, unlike everyone else on this thread:laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Well Virtanen is listed at 226lbs and Getzlaf is listed at 225lbs.

I don’t know what part of this is complicated...

and virtanen is listed at 6'1 while getzlaf is listed at 6'4

not sure what part of this is complicated....

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Accidentally on purpose. Kinda cheap, but Getzlaf manned up and scrapped Gudbranson afterwards. All good now in my books.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
There are some hilariously bad takes in here. Context is super important. Virtanen has literally just hit Perry, and this quite clearly retaliatory. Getzlaf saw him, and then made it look unintentional. There was tons of room and Getzlaf so easily could have avoided contact.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
To comment further, when you watch the first longer video, you can clearly see getzlaf pick a lane with a trajectory that intersects virtanen. The best part is getzlaf’s act Of throwing his arms in the air, flailing like it was an accident. Lol, virtanen wasn’t even looking and went down easy. Cheap shot that he should be suspended for based on the intent. But the NHL is gutless and getzlaf is a star player.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
To comment further, when you watch the first longer video, you can clearly see getzlaf pick a lane with a trajectory that intersects virtanen. The best part is getzlaf’s act Of throwing his arms in the air, flailing like it was an accident. Lol, virtanen wasn’t even looking and went down easy. Cheap shot that he should be suspended for based on the intent. But the NHL is gutless and getzlaf is a star player.

There are some hilariously bad takes in here. Context is super important. Virtanen has literally just hit Perry, and this quite clearly retaliatory. Getzlaf saw him, and then made it look unintentional. There was tons of room and Getzlaf so easily could have avoided contact.

Most accurate post in the thread

Well said.

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
Well Virtanen is listed at 226lbs and Getzlaf is listed at 225lbs.

I don’t know what part of this is complicated...
Hmmmm maybe that Getzlaf is 6’4 and Virtanen is 6’1. I don’t know what part of this is complicated though....

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Well said hodge. Anti Canuck fans seem to think it was justified because it was a retaliation for the Perry hit, which was a clean hit.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Well said hodge. Anti Canuck fans seem to think it was justified because it was a retaliation for the Perry hit, which was a clean hit.
The hit was clean. Slashing him when he was on the ice (not unintentional) and then crosschecking him while he was on his knees (also not unintentional) not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad