Getzlaf hit on Virtanen

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
So in a nutshell you still hold a crudge against Getzlaf for a hit almost a decade ago where Hamhuis turned his back on Getzlaf and got injured in the process and that's why you called him names that don't apply to him.
I think he kinda already admitted that, which most people wouldn't. We all have our irrational grudges, so don't act innocent.

Reactions: Sayonara77

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
So in a nutshell you still hold a crudge against Getzlaf for a hit almost a decade ago where Hamhuis turned his back on Getzlaf and got injured in the process and that's why you called him names that don't apply to him.

Somewhat, but not as much as I had before. That incident was more an example of why I define him as that player

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Somewhat, but not as much as I had before. That incident was more an example of why I define him as that player
I don't know if it's cuz I'm getting older, or that the league is just softer in general, but I don't have near as much irrational hate as I used to. I kinda long for the days when teams mixed it up more, and I'd be heated for days over some things. It made waiting for the next game sooo much more fun, and def better pre-gaming fun. :)

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I don't know if it's cuz I'm getting older, or that the league is just softer in general, but I don't have near as much irrational hate as I used to. I kinda long for the days when teams mixed it up more, and I'd be heated for days over some things. It made waiting for the next game sooo much more fun, and def better pre-gaming fun. :)

It has gotten softer, there's no denying it, but at the very least the league is trying to minimize concussions at the very least.

With that said, I love the speed and skill of today's game but at the same time, I miss the rumble toughness in the 90s as well.

Reactions: Daz28

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
It has gotten softer, there's no denying it, but at the very least the league is trying to minimize concussions at the very least.

With that said, I love the speed and skill of today's game but at the same time, I miss the rumble toughness in the 90s as well.
We don't have to go that far back even. I'd be fine with the Kings-Ducks match ups of a few years ago. DET-COL was kinda too much like WWF.

I like Getzlaf, but that was definitely accidentally on purpose. Went straight for him there.
Thing is he(or anyone else) could have destroyed him. I see it as a pick gone wrong, or at least if accidental on purpose, he expected Virts to see him. Otherwise he would have just blown him up.

Reactions: Sayonara77

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Well, only handcuffed by Getz and Perry contracts for next year, and Kes looks like a LTIR candidate. The new issue is gonna be when a bad RFA contract bites ya in the butt.

You got it wrong. That post was supposed to be for another thread.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Completely on purpose. Getzlaf was looking straight the whole time. I do respect the razzle dazzle of him trying to sell it. Accidental flop.

He's been a clown enough in this league long enough for the average person to know this was Intentional.

For additional context, Virtanen laid out Perry a few seconds before Getzlaf cheapshotted him.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Dirty play on Perry.
Knocking a guy off the puck is dirty?

not to mention it would violate several rules of quantum physics for a dirty play to exist near corey perry unless he initiated it. if such a thing were to happen, we'd instantly cross the event horizon into a parallel universe.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Thing is he(or anyone else) could have destroyed him. I see it as a pick gone wrong, or at least if accidental on purpose, he expected Virts to see him. Otherwise he would have just blown him up.

He didnt "destroy" him because that would have been an obvious suspension considering Virtanen never had the puck. Getzlaf is too smart for that. Low-key dirty is more Getzlaf style.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Literally have never heard of Getzlaf being a dirty player until this thread on this forum.

Interesting for sure.

Reactions: Spazkat

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Dirty play on Perry.
Knocking a guy off the puck is dirty?

Not a really dirty play or anything. Just after he knocked Perry down he gave a bit of a slash to his arm. It happened so fast I doubt Virtanen had the intention of doing it. It definitely wasn't enough to justify what Getzlaf did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad