OT: Get to know the posters

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I finally joined these boards after many years of reading them as a Thrashers fan being a Georgia native. I attended my first NHL game in Pittsburgh before they drafted Crosby, they were bad, but I realized how much I enjoyed the sport. My dad grew up on the Boston area playing hockey, so the sport has always been in my proximity. I quickly became a huge Thrashers fan after 2005 and it didn't take me long to understand how much ownership did not want or care about the team. It was very frustrating being a Thrashers fan. I was always a bit jealous of Nashville because the Atlanta fanbase got so much grief, but you just can't expect fans to support a trash ownership group. Long story short, after the Thrashers were moved to Winnipeg I started following two teams, Boston and Nashville. I follow Boston because that is the team my father likes, and my first cousin married David Krejci. So over the years I've gotten to hang out with him numerous times along with a few other players. Going to Boston games through the family entrance and hanging out in the family area with all the players after the game is a nice experience. Back to Nashville, great city, great fan base, well run organization, Atlanta is now in their market, I get all the games on tv or the Fox App, and I've been watching for several years now. I wish the preds had been able to beat Pittsburgh in 2017, but it was a great run none the less. Hopefully this years team gets on the right track, and I just ordered my first two preds jerseys. I look forward to reading and posting more to these boards. Cheers!
Welcome to the boards!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Trousdale County is where Creasy got his start right? Send him back there, we've had enough of Oakland being the high school version of Alabama.
Problem is there is too many classes in HS football in Tennessee 9 state championship games is ridiculous there should be 4 classes in Division 1 and 2 in division 2 and cut down on some of these dynasties like Maryville/Oakland and Alcoa which basically makes the 3A and 6A classifications pointless.

Jul 12, 2007
Whitehaven is ridiculous too. Dominant every year for decades.
When Mt Juliet had incredible teams, they had to play Whitehaven in the playoffs 2 years running, and just got run out of the stadium both times.
MJ had 3 or 4 kids with college talent, Whitehaven must have had 15. A bunch of kids who all looked like Eric Dickerson.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Whitehaven is ridiculous too. Dominant every year for decades.
When Mt Juliet had incredible teams, they had to play Whitehaven in the playoffs 2 years running, and just got run out of the stadium both times.
MJ had 3 or 4 kids with college talent, Whitehaven must have had 15. A bunch of kids who all looked like Eric Dickerson.
Blackman had a rough year last year but they put out plenty of talented football players, I'tavis Mathers, Juan Jennings, Trey Knox, Master Teague. Just can't beat Oakland. Hopefully the new coach changes that.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Reducing the number of divisions would just make Murfreesboro more dominant in 6A, not less. Murfreesboro just has many great football players and facilities as does Oak Ridge. Blackman has had great teams. Riverdale was the dominate team in the state for many years. Siegel will become big in time. You all know about Oakland. I was on the state championship team at Murfreesboro Central before classifications and the birth of Oakland and Riverdale,. And my son was on Oaklands team back in the day. All these schools are huge schools. 2500-3000 kids to choose from.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If Rankin had stayed at Riverdale, they'd have continued to dominate, look at what he's done at Alcoa since then. You're right about Siegel too, that side of town is exploding with growth right now, it's only a matter of time before their football program reaps the rewards from that.

It's actually crazy how good most of these schools have remained despite so many new schools opening, if the player pool has been diluted because of that, it's not by much at all.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Hey everyone, super long time lurker here. I made the account years back but I've been around creeping in the shadows even before then. With the current state of the team and the things I've been reading , I had an urge to start posting more so here I am. Long time Preds fan and I lived in Nasvhille from about 2018 until last fall but I've relocated to the DC area now for work, still not going to claim the Caps though!

Jul 12, 2007
Ah, I thought you meant when Centennial was only one sheet of ice. My bad.

I was born in 84 but didn't move to Tennessee until 94ish.
Wuuuuuut ?
I had you pegged as 1944.
With all your past admonitions and “tsk tsk tsk” about posters saying ‘racy things’, you must be the oldest 30-something on the planet.
I really thought you were an ancient angry curmudgeon, from day one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad