Proposal: Get Elias Pettersson some Wingers!!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
EP40 is playig with AHL/waiver worthy scrubs on his wings. How he is doing what he is doing and putting up points is beyond me.

His most partenered up line mates this year are Loui Eriksson and Nikolay Goldobin. Eriksson is a good 3rd line checker at this point and Goldobin went pointless during the 2 weeks EP was injured. SCRUBS.

Boeser has played with EP40 but when everyone is healthy, Boeser plays with Horvat.

So get EP40 some help !

Please note, the Canucks are still rebuilding so they are not quite ready to mortgage top picks and top prospects for immidiate help.

*Lets keep Nyalander out of this* As mentioned the Canucks arent ready to move young pieces or picks.

Most likely the Canucks will find help for EP40 via feee agency. There are some fantastic players hitting the market this summer

Panarin
Stone
Silfverberg
Simmonds
Skinner

However , the canucks should turn over every stone and ensure there isnt a great trade option they are passing up.

Possible Baits.

Tanev
Edler
Hutton
Juolevi ( unlikely)
Gudbranson

Virtanen ( unlikely)
Gaudette ( unlikely)
Baertschi

Markstrom
Nielson

Picks
2019 - 2nd rnd pick
2019 - 3rd rnd pick

2020 - 1st rnd pick ( unlikely)
2020- 2nd rnd pick
2020- 3rd rnd pick

Reactions: JuniorNelson

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks are competitive. Petterson is producing. Ticket sales are brisk. Canucks had all Summer to build a unit around Petterson and did not. I totally doubt they make any upgrades at forward. They have zero goalie depth which may force an emergency move and use up assets.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Vancouver needs to stay put. They need to see if they could land a solid UFA in the offseason, or find winger suitors for EP in 2020. I think this should be one more building year for them.

Reactions: zcaptain and olli

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Just want to say get your hopes up on Panarin. If he decides to leave here its going to Ny/CA/Fla... he wants big city and large russian culture. Ive lived on and off in Vancouver and I swear I thought it was Asia sometimes haha and Vancouver IMO top 5 beautiful city on the planet dont get me.wrong but I think its beaches or NY for Bread if he leaves. I dont see VAN having the russian culture he misses.

Side note if I could move to Deep Cove right by North Van... I would live my life a happy man but it was not meant to be haha

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Long term, Elias Pettersson's eventual linemates will likely be Brock Boeser & Jonathan Dahlen. But if the Canucks are able to sign Artemi Panarin & Mark Stone next summer, that'd make for an awesome forward group.

jake gardiner.

i never said stone isn't big named; i said jake gardiner was big named.

We shall see, but likely no thanks. He's a poor performance away, in another elimimation game, from going full Ray Finkle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad