Proposal: Get Elias Pettersson some Wingers!!

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s almost incomprehensible how he’s been doing this playing many minutes with scrubs.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Namestnikov would likely fit pretty nicely on EP40's wing, a 2nd is all it would take
That may be true. But Namestnikov has done arguably worse than Goldobin this season. The premise would be to get a clear improvement. And our 2nd is likely to be very high. As it stands, I'd rather not. But I would be open to trading for Namestnikov for someone on our roster + low pick or prospect.

Sprong for Virtanen + pick/prospect
Same thing here. Sprong is not an upgrade on Goldobin at this point. And Virtanen is worth a lot to the Canucks. From our point of view, it's Sprong + pick for Virtanen. Not going to say that is fair. But Virtanen is part of the core at the moment. In won't be easy to pry him out.

Connor Brown can be all yours in the summer for a 2nd or 4th + prospect
Better, depends on the prospect I guess. I wouldn't really know who to offer up though. Wouldn't give up the 2nd. I generally think the Canucks won't give up any picks this year though, so I'm biased.

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
EP40 is playig with AHL/waiver worthy scrubs on his wings. How he is doing what he is doing and putting up points is beyond me.

His most partenered up line mates this year are Loui Eriksson and Nikolay Goldobin. Eriksson is a good 3rd line checker at this point and Goldobin went pointless during the 2 weeks EP was injured. SCRUBS.

Boeser has played with EP40 but when everyone is healthy, Boeser plays with Horvat.

So get EP40 some help !

Please note, the Canucks are still rebuilding so they are not quite ready to mortgage top picks and top prospects for immidiate help.

*Lets keep Nyalander out of this* As mentioned the Canucks arent ready to move young pieces or picks.

Most likely the Canucks will find help for EP40 via feee agency. There are some fantastic players hitting the market this summer

Panarin
Stone
Silfverberg
Simmonds
Skinner

However , the canucks should turn over every stone and ensure there isnt a great trade option they are passing up.

Possible Baits.

Tanev
Edler
Hutton
Juolevi ( unlikely)
Gudbranson

Virtanen ( unlikely)
Gaudette ( unlikely)
Baertschi

Markstrom
Nielson

Picks
2019 - 2nd rnd pick
2019 - 3rd rnd pick

2020 - 1st rnd pick ( unlikely)
2020- 2nd rnd pick
2020- 3rd rnd pick

Nanestikov, spooner can be bad for low

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Stay the course and keep your picks. The team is not ready to be a playoff contender yet. Next year you are likely adding:
Juolevi
Hughes

plus another lottery pick.

Sign some wingers via Free Agency and see what is available via the goalie market and what you have from within.

This team is going to be scary in a few years if the kids can put it together and you find a number one goalie!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Stay the course and keep your picks. The team is not ready to be a playoff contender yet. Next year you are likely adding:
Juolevi
Hughes

plus another lottery pick.

Sign some wingers via Free Agency and see what is available via the goalie market and what you have from within.

This team is going to be scary in a few years if the kids can put it together and you find a number one goalie!

We have Demko in the system who has all the tools and attributes to be a #1 goalie.

Im also very high on Mihael Dipietro. Probably Canadas #1 at WJC and everytime i watch him , i cant help but think Jonathan Quick.

Im not worried about goaltending.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lucic can be had. Not too pricey either. In cost to acquire I mean. ;)

What about Puljujarvi ? I havent followed much Oil this seaosn. Is he just a complete bust? Would a change of scenery and coaching staff help ?

What is the cost the oilers are willing to take to move Puljujarvi.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Virtanen, Goldobin, Gaudette in the NHL, then Dahlen, Gadjovich, Lind, Juolevi, Hughes, Demko, DiPietro in the minors... others may surprise (MacEwen is pretty good so far)

You have a wealth of young players, stay the course and be patient, let them grow together, and wait and hope for some to develop properly.

But otherwise, well, you may perhaps get players who you may 'hope' get better with Pettersson, or reclamation projects that don't cost much.

At least you won't gut your team's future, and maybe get something nice.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Nyquist for a 2nd+prospect (similar to the deal NYR net for Grabner last TDL)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
jake gardiner.

i never said stone isn't big named; i said jake gardiner was big named.

Dont see a fit for Gardiner

Our Left side already has Edler Hutton Juolevi Hughes and possibly Tryamkin.

I think we would go aftet bigger needs in free agency.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That Pettersson kid is a superstar in the making, he’s so much fun to watch. Honestly he might be the level of player that you don’t really have to worry about his linemates. Just find a couple of decent guys that can think the game close to his level and boost the other lines instead.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Too early to say with certainty just exactly what he needs/what attributes support him best
But otherwise have to preach patience, 1st Round 2019 pick, Dahlen, Lind, Gadjovich, Lockwood potentially. Some of these guys they could try with him this season if they really wanted.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
We shall see.

Money talks and living in a city like Vancouver can be very convincing.

I live in Vancouver, and it's a great city. It's also very expensive, tax rates are very high, and the nightlife is crap. Vancouver does not have a strong record of drawing in players for lifestyle reasons. It's not NYC or LA. Vancouver has a downright awful track record of FA signings. They do have the budget for Mark Stone though, I will give you that.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Dont see a fit for Gardiner

Our Left side already has Edler Hutton Juolevi Hughes and possibly Tryamkin.

I think we would go aftet bigger needs in free agency.

Tryamkin shoots L but strongly preferred playing RD, which is basically where he played when he was here.
I may be missing someone, but it seems Brisebois and Rathbone are the only possibly significant left-side
D in the system not named above. And at age 32, Edler is entering his twilight years.

I completely agree about bigger needs elsewhere though.

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
A fellow Swede like Nylander is probably the most ideal fit for EP40 but unfortunately the Canucks don't have anything to entice the Leafs. Players like Tanev, Gudbranson, Virtanen and Juolevi just won't do it.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Wait for Dahlen to percolate in the AHL and re-unite them when he is ready.

Thats also a very possibly option. Ep40 and Dahlen had really good chemistry. Dahlen is getting accustomed to the NA style each and every gamrme ive seen him in Utica.

Regardless they would need a 3rd linemate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->