Proposal: Get Elias Pettersson some Wingers!!

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Only one secondary assist in a game where Couver scored eight goals.

Clearly trending downwards.

Quickly.

Kreider and Fasth for Granlund, Goldobin & 3rd.

Last edited:

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
VAN could go after Stone in UFA but like someone else said there will be 30 other teams making an offer for him. If Panarin and Stone make it to UFA they will probably sign the biggest UFA contracts since Parise and Suter I could easily see 9-10x7 for Panarin, and 8-9.5x7 for Stone.

Some safer/realistic players to go after that could compliment Pettersson and or Horvat would be: Ryan Dzingle, Tomas Tatar, Jason Zucker, Nino Niederreiter, Cam Atkinson, Brandon Saad (if CHI blows it up), Jakob Silfverberg, Kevin Fiala, Andre Burakovsky. and Palat or Johnson (If TBL go after Karlsson in UFA). I took into account: age, potential, price, and availability in the players I listed, they aren't game breakers or all-stars but they could could provide very valuable support for Pettersson or Horvat.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I'd go hard after Simmonds in the off-season.
Him and Pettersson are both about the same speed, faster than average but not as fast as the top teir skaters like Duchene,
He can fight now and then, he hits, he has a pretty sneaky shot, decent hockey sense. I think he'd be the perfect fit for EP40, I think he'd score 30 goals. Once Pettersson's old line-mate Dahlen matures in the AHL , bring him up to play left side next year.

Then leave Boeser with Horvat and Baertschi and you have two very good top lines

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad