German Prospects for the NHL Draft

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
My German is so-so, but I'm pretty sure this means he has a good chance for playing for the Men's team.

http://www.icehockeypage.net/index.php/16-Nachrichten/del-del2/26704-rosenheim-classen

Just for comparison. Reichel is born in 99, last year only two players born in 98 played in DEL2 (Tobias Eder and Garrett Pruden). And they only played one game each. However Pruden played 7 games in the 14/15 season as a 16-17 year old.

Also the year before that Jakob Mayenschein and Maximilian Daubner played a significant number of games in the league for Landshut.

But overall it is really rare for kids to play in DEL2 at that age.

Rosenheim seems to me like they have a decent but not great team and in case of injuries (I believe they have some injured players right now) they might turn to Reichel for a few games on the 4th line, but i hope he plays mostly in the DNL or maybe on a loan in the Oberliga where he should be getting better minutes.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Just a quick notice:

It will probably take me a while until I get regular updates on all the OPs going.
There are several reasons for that.

1) My workload at the job is varying a lot at the moment. Sometimes I am completely swamped for several days and then I have a few days where I have little to do.

2) I have drastically increased the number of players in my database and am still working on that (only a relatively small number of players are or will be in the OPs). And it will be some time before I have put in all the basic information, which will then make updating the stats easier.

3) So far the Schüler Bundesliga is not updated for the new season at pointstreak.com, where I usually got my stats. Instead I have to get them from another source and while it is a wonderful site with great information, it is also prone to unexpected downtimes and is a pain to navigate sometimes and it is more difficult for me to extract the desired stats.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I saw those players too yesterday, but I think two games aren't enough to say anything so lets wait a month.

It's always a good sign when 15-year-olds play in a U19 league. But I don't think they are any extraordinary players like, say, Yannik Valenti.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I saw those players too yesterday, but I think two games aren't enough to say anything so lets wait a month.

Very much this.

If players continually get to play in the DNL at that age and do that on good or at least decent teams, it is a very good sign, like it was last year with Valenti or Bokk. Of the 2001s I actually like what I have heard about Manuel Alberg the most so far. But I have not seen any of these players myself, so it should count for very little at this point.

On a different note:
As I was updating and extending my database I noticed for the first time just how many of the promising talents have joined Red Bull Salzburg.

Only this year Jentzsch, Lobach, Schitz (all 2000), Varejcka, Ancicka, Stewart (all 2001), Dubé, Peterka and Peeters (all 2002) joined Salzburg.
I am curious how this will work out for them. They have better facilities and probably better coaches, but I am not sure about the competition at all levels.

Especially the 2002s who play in the U16 Bundesliga this season appear to be suffering from a lack of competition as I had stated in another thread in the prospects forum.
Hopefully they just played against 2 of the worst teams so far, because if the other teams don't present a greater challenge it might be detrimental to the players' development.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Thanks, for the comments. Of course, it is to early in the season to interpret the statistics.

I wish, more German prospects would try to get a spot in a Junior team in Switzerland, Sweden oder Finland.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Salzburg is starting look like a European prospect power house.

At least as far as the smaller hockey nations are concerned.
They have probably the best training facilities in all of Europe or are at least very near the top in that aspect.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Of the 2001s I actually like what I have heard about Manuel Alberg the most so far.
I've only seen him play once so far and wasn't that excited about him. I can see him being outstanding in the Schüler Bundesliga but he might not quite be ready for the DNL. Very small guy.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Talked to a WHL scout today and asked him if he knew Yannik Valenti. He went "Oh yes, we know him. We know him quite well actually." He didn't elaborate on that but it sounded like Valenti is a topic in the dub.

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
Talked to a WHL scout today and asked him if he knew Yannik Valenti. He went "Oh yes, we know him. We know him quite well actually." He didn't elaborate on that but it sounded like Valenti is a topic in the dub.

Dominik Bokk also seems like a must take for next years CHL import draft.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Just noticed some of the heights/weights are a little bit off, or at least this one is:

Nikita Alexandrov is listed as 5'11'', 163 lbs. Really curious to see what kind of player he is, haven't seen him play yet. Might get a chance to see him this weekend.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Just noticed some of the heights/weights are a little bit off, or at least this one is:

Nikita Alexandrov is listed as 5'11'', 163 lbs. Really curious to see what kind of player he is, haven't seen him play yet. Might get a chance to see him this weekend.

Yeah the last time I checked those was in late July/early August. And since I am still building my database of players it will take some time before I can make regular updates which will then also include updated measurements if they are available.

His numbers are very impressive. One thing I am very curious about is if he is the kind of player who drives the play or rather someone who capitalizes from the play of his linemates, because I have heard both claims. The source who I usually trust more says he is the driver on his line and creates a lot of chances for himself and his linemates.

It's too bad that Mannheim doesn't play Iserlohn at home this round. That would have been my only chance to watch him play.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Yeah the last time I checked those was in late July/early August. And since I am still building my database of players it will take some time before I can make regular updates which will then also include updated measurements if they are available.

His numbers are very impressive. One thing I am very curious about is if he is the kind of player who drives the play or rather someone who capitalizes from the play of his linemates, because I have heard both claims. The source who I usually trust more says he is the driver on his line and creates a lot of chances for himself and his linemates.

It's too bad that Mannheim doesn't play Iserlohn at home this round. That would have been my only chance to watch him play.

I honestly don't think it's possible to be a "passenger" type player who's carried by his line mates while scoring twice as many points as his line mates. Chris Kunitz can score 68 points in a season when he plays with Crosby, but he will never get more points than Crosby.

Just stat-wise, it wouldn't make sense for Alexandrov to be carried by his line mates.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I believe 2017 will be a really weak year for German prospects in Europe. Much more hope for 2018 and 2019. But the players I expect to get a chance to be drafted in those years will likely leave for North America within the next two years as well.

Germany needs to do something to keep players in the country and actually develop them well. But unfortunately I don't see that happening either...

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
^

It wold be a shame if U-18 wan't able to get into the top division this year. Would really allow 2018 and 2019 to show of there skill if they're with the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad