German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well, against Rielasingen-Arlen (6th tier) they should be fine with pretty much anybody. I'd love if both Isak and Beste get a reward. Especially Isak needs playing time first and foremost. He has all the talent, he just needs some time and a little more muscle.

For some reason I thought Schmelzer would be out longer but Transfermarkt at least projects him to return on August 14. Never mind about Beste then.

I will be disappointed if Isak isn't in the professional squad this year. Fantastic talent.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Leipzig still have Keita and Forsberg and they didn't lose anyone else major did they? Don't see why they can't finish ahead of Dortmund again.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Leipzig still have Keita and Forsberg and they didn't lose anyone else major did they? Don't see why they can't finish ahead of Dortmund again.

They could, but I wouldn't absolutely expect them to. A fair bit of their focus is going to be on their European debut, which is going to take a bit of a toll phsyically. Also, last season sank BVB in the first half, really. They made up six points as they regained form in the 2nd half. To be fair, who knows how Bosz will work and as a new coach, there's a chance they'll struggle out of the gate again, but overall, I personally think it's slightly more reasonable to project BVB finishing ahead.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
FC Hollywood
Dortmund
RB Leipzig
Hoffenheim
Schalke

If Nagelsmann keeps TSG in a CL spot he really will be everything he's hyped to be and more.

Their midfield will be stronger once Grillitsch settles in and Amiri becomes a must starter; and Gnabry will give their attack more individual brilliance; but Sule is a tremendous lose to their defensive & build-up play.

I agree with your top 3, but that fourth spot could be claimed by a half dozen different clubs

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dortmund have struggled in preseason compared to the previous two years, but that really means little. If they hold onto Dembele, they should be second, and could challenge for the title if things go very right for them and very wrong for Bayern. Their roster additions will have been better than Leipzig's, and quite frankly they were the better team overall last season.

Leipzig added some intriguing depth pieces but people really underestimate how much they were helped by not having European or cup matches last season. They only ended up 3 points ahead of Dortmund in the end.

I think Schalke will benefit the same way this season so I'd favor them for 4th for now. Their coach sounds good and they have an underperforming roster.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man, if our backline continues to hold up; Union winning promotion may not be just a joke any longer. For a 2nd division club god damn do we move the ball well.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Man, if our backline continues to hold up; Union winning promotion may not be just a joke any longer. For a 2nd division club god damn do we move the ball well.

It's 1:1 now vs. a 4th division club right now. And from what I read at kicker Union is lucky it's only a draw.

Hannover ain't better at all today 1:1 at Bonn, only topped by Hamburg trailing at Osnabrück at halftime.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's 1:1 now vs. a 4th division club right now. And from what I read at kicker Union is lucky it's only a draw.

Hannover ain't better at all today 1:1 at Bonn, only topped by Hamburg trailing at Osnabrück at halftime.

We gave away a pen, that Mesenholer stopped; and then our arch-nemesis, set piece defending, reared its ugly head. I've missed most of the 2nd half; but even without Kroos & Hartel starting, our midfield was flowing nicely in the 1st.

EDIT:
I usually hate Polter's whininess, but yeah, that should've been a penalty as he would've tapped that in if he wasn't pulled back.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
We gave away a pen, that Mesenholer stopped; and then our arch-nemesis, set piece defending, reared its ugly head. I've missed most of the 2nd half; but even without Kroos & Hartel starting, our midfield was flowing nicely in the 1st.

EDIT:
I usually hate Polter's whininess, but yeah, that should've been a penalty as he would've tapped that in if he wasn't pulled back.

I don't watch it either. I'm just watching the kicker ticker. Mighty Hannover now is up 3:2 at 5th or whatever division Bonn, and LOL hamburg is down 1:3 at Osnabrück (they play with 10 players). I love German cup games.

edit Hannover with 3 goal in 2 or 3 minutes. LOL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't watch it either. I'm just watching the kicker ticker. Mighty Hannover now is up 3:2 at 5th or whatever division Bonn, and LOL hamburg is down 1:3 at Osnabrück (they play with 10 players). I love German cup games.

edit Hannover with 3 goal in 2 or 3 minutes. LOL.

Cup matches are the best :yo:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That save from Mesenholer was jaw dropping. I was sure Saarbrucken had just scored a pretty goal to tie it late in extra time; then Mesenholer showed why he's such a highly rated prospect in net.

E: and now Cymer responds with a crazy save for saarbrucken

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
That save from Mesenholer was jaw dropping. I was sure Saarbrucken had just scored a pretty goal to tie it late in extra time; then Mesenholer showed why he's such a highly rated prospect in net.

E: and now Cymer responds with a crazy save for saarbrucken

At least you won. No surprises at all this matchday. Even Hamburg had a history vs. Osnabrück. But still LOL.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Magdeburg beating Augsburg is a surprise win. In spite of Magdeburg having the distinction of having won a major European trophy and Augsburg being a very low-profile club, at the end of the day it's an OK BuLi team losing to a 3.Liga team (that spent most of the last 25 years in the depths of regional amateur football).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Magdeburg beating Augsburg is a surprise win. In spite of Magdeburg having the distinction of having won a major European trophy and Augsburg being a very low-profile club, at the end of the day it's an OK BuLi team losing to a 3.Liga team (that spent most of the last 25 years in the depths of regional amateur football).

Magdeburg's strong academy has helped them rise of late, and they try to play some decent football. Unlike Augsburg who are useless when not bunkering against a superior side.

That one isn't that shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad