German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Reschke leaving Bayern has me pretty concerned for the direction of the club at the moment. I mean, it's hard to estimate the impact and influence he had, but I'd guess that he was pretty important. Between Hoeneß coming back, the installation of Salihamidzic (a likeable guy who identifies with the club, but has no tangible qualification whatsoever) and this move, it feels like we might head back towards being a regional stand out rather than a true European elite. Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic right now, but I don't like what I'm seeing.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Reschke leaving Bayern has me pretty concerned for the direction of the club at the moment. I mean, it's hard to estimate the impact and influence he had, but I'd guess that he was pretty important. Between Hoeneß coming back, the installation of Salihamidzic (a likeable guy who identifies with the club, but has no tangible qualification whatsoever) and this move, it feels like we might head back towards being a regional stand out rather than a true European elite. Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic right now, but I don't like what I'm seeing.

He is 59 yo and at Bayern since 2014. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Kimmich aside, he was responsible for some bad transfers.
Banatia, Kurt, Tasci, Costa, Sanches.

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/hintergruende-darum-verlaesst-reschke-fc-bayern-8570742.html

Go after a guy like Schmadtke. He is really good.;)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zagadou plays LB, Sahin instead of an attacking midfielder, I'll take their word that Goetze isn't ready to play in this game, the club says he is dealing with back problems. But where's Kagawa? He must be injured to have Subotic taking the final bench spot instead of him.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What do you use to figure out who's starting on a given weekend? I'd like to try my hand at the Bundesliga Fantasy league from their website but have no idea who would be starting or not for teams outside of my own.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
This game is going to be sloppy.

What do you use to figure out who's starting on a given weekend? I'd like to try my hand at the Bundesliga Fantasy league from their website but have no idea who would be starting or not for teams outside of my own.

You just look at injury lists and follow the coach's press conferences I suppose.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Video assistance turning out to be as useful as the refs behind the goal. A system well used.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bayern's goal was offside, VAR got the call wrong.

Zagadou needs to come out. Deer in a headlights. The back line as a whole has really struggled, they can't play a high line, its all over the place, not a mobile enough back line anyway. Buerki saved them a few times. I'd like the midfield to be better in possession, as we haven't had much of it, although Dahoud is a class player. Nice play by Puli for the goal, but otherwise not much going offensively.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Does the league split up the American TV $$$ with the teams like in the Prem?

I am watching this on FOX which is like one of biggest channels. Things are getting better for watching the sport here :handclap:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not watching the game but it sounds like Rudy is doing well for Bayern.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Does the league split up the American TV $$$ with the teams like in the Prem?

I am watching this on FOX which is like one of biggest channels. Things are getting better for watching the sport here :handclap:

They need someone better than Stuart Holden to do community, he ruins it for me.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
They need someone better than Stuart Holden to do community, he ruins it for me.

Tomas Hitzlezpsezezberger was doing the colour commentary on the Bein stream I was using :)

Also I dunno what people are complaining about, those goals were fine, the video review is only going to call back the first one if he's clearly offside.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Yeah, DFB admitted they didn't have any calibrated lines for the offside in the first half due to technical difficulties. I mean this was just a glorified friendly, so who cares, but if this happens in a league game they better just scrap VAR alltogether.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Tomas Hitzlezpsezezberger was doing the colour commentary on the Bein stream I was using :)

Also I dunno what people are complaining about, those goals were fine, the video review is only going to call back the first one if he's clearly offside.

Congrats, I like Hitzelsperger. He's a calm, polite guy who actually knows what he is talking about. Plus he has a history at EPL, Bundesliga and NT.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Don Hutchinson on British tv said he was stunned Bayern let Douglas Costa go and that he could win the Ballon d'Or in the next couple of years. :laugh:

Looking at his twitter he also thinks Nainggolan is better than Pogba.

Zagadou looked good on the ball but a little lost without it.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Isak had four goals vs. Erfurt today.

Beste had a goal and two or three assists as well. Some really nice passes. Wonder if this improve his case for the professional team while Schmelzer and Guerreiro are out.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Isak had four goals vs. Erfurt today.

Beste had a goal and two or three assists as well. Some really nice passes. Wonder if this improve his case for the professional team while Schmelzer and Guerreiro are out.

Well, against Rielasingen-Arlen (6th tier) they should be fine with pretty much anybody. I'd love if both Isak and Beste get a reward. Especially Isak needs playing time first and foremost. He has all the talent, he just needs some time and a little more muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->