German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
2. Bundesliga

starts today.

I wish every poster who's involved somehow (cgf for example) a good season.

Btw I wish Union Berlin luck vs. Cheater Audi Ingolstadt.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Heidenheim vs Erzgebirge cancelled after 11 minutes cos of this lol:

DF_Ri_DWsAQzQve.jpg

Also **** you Bundesliga for taking 2. Bundesliga video coverage off the site and youtube.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Heidenheim vs Erzgebirge cancelled after 11 minutes cos of this lol:

I don't understand what's so lol about it. Parts of Germany have serious issues with heavy rainfall for a couple of days now. In the end it's just a frigging football game.

Btw. Only freaks would want to watch a Heidenheim vs. Aue match.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
According to Bild and other sources Brazzo will become the next sporting director at Bayern.

If true I like it. I thought it would be Linke or even Klose, but Brazzo is s funny guy and definately more polite that Motzki Sammer.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Unfortnuatly it's a smaller transfer these days, but Holger Badstuber moves from Bayern to Stuttgart. I wish him luck.

In other news: After a possible career ending injury Borussia Dortmund enable 19 yo Scuderi to study sports management. Well done.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm interested to see who Bosz plays at LB against Bayern.

I don't think it would be wise to play Zagadou out of position in his first pro game against Robben. Bosz mentioned Passlack as an option, I'd play Toprak at LB, even if he's never played it in his career. Only other position that I think is up for grabs right now is who plays in the midfield with Goetze and Dahoud. Depends what Bosz wants out of that position, I'd probably play Castro against Bayern.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just say f*** it and attack Bayern hard:

Pulisic - Dembele - Auba - Philipp
Gotze
Sahin - Dahoud
Toprak - Bartra - Sokratis

or something between:

Philipp - Auba
Dembele
Pulisic - Dahoud - Gotze - Pisczek*
&
Philipp - Auba
Pulisic - Dembele - Gotze - Pisczek*
Dahoud

*Passlack​

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think 3 in the back is a possibility until Schmelzer and Guerreiro return. Bosz plays mostly a 4-3-3, anyway.

Just hoping for no Rode, and someone at LB who's not gonna be beaten for two or three goals by Robben.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I don't think 3 in the back is a possibility until Schmelzer and Guerreiro return. Bosz plays mostly a 4-3-3, anyway.

Just hoping for no Rode, and someone at LB who's not gonna be beaten for two or three goals by Robben.

Robben is injured, isn't he? Anyway, Bosz also mentioned Beste as an option, but if I had to guess he will play with a 3 at the back exactly because he has no proven LB available. There's a bit more defensive help for whoever ends up on the left (I'd think Durm or Passlack are most likely) than in a 4-3-3 although I expect that to be the formation going forward.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
How is Hoffenheim doing without Sule and Rudy?

Season starts in a couple of weeks, Liverpool might kill them.

edit:

Forgot, they got Gnabry from Bayern on loan. Doesn't change my opinion. Liverpool will eat them alive.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Robben is injured, isn't he? Anyway, Bosz also mentioned Beste as an option, but if I had to guess he will play with a 3 at the back exactly because he has no proven LB available. There's a bit more defensive help for whoever ends up on the left (I'd think Durm or Passlack are most likely) than in a 4-3-3 although I expect that to be the formation going forward.

Beste can not defend

The Union Berlin-Holstein Kiel game must be a fun to watch.

Not the kind of opening 30 minutes you want defensively, but 2 games, 2 wins :yo:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If the team did not think Beste would be good enough to open preseason with the first team, he shouldn't even be an option at this point in the season. Thats just searching way too deep on the depth chart. Beste isn't going to be a Dortmund first team player.

And I don't think our U-19's have that many eventual options for the first team, anyway. I like Kilian, I think he might've been with the first team in preseason, if we didn't have a trillion CB's with the first team in preseason, already. Maybe next season or for the second half of the season. Kopacz was the only player promoted for preseason who I thought had first team potential, but he's not really an immediate option. Maybe he tears it up this season with the 19's, and then goes out on loan. I'd say its an outside chance he might be a Dortmund player. Logjam at the positions he plays, also. Kehr looks to be a good player, but how will he be after he returns from that injury? Unbehaun is the star of the academy, besides Moukoko, but Moukoko is way too young to even start discussing towards the first team. I hope that Unbehaun can continue his progress, and be considered for the 3rd GK spot with the first team next season, although he might need two seasons. He can be our answer to Fruchtl in Bavaria.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Beste did struggle in the U19 defensively, especially on the international stage, that's true. Still he was one of the better players against Bergamo, so right now with very limited options on the left I could actually see him starting in the Supercup at LW with a 3 man backline. We'll see.

Yeah a true Bundesliga level goalie from our academy would be something, last one was Stefan Klos. Though I really don't think we need an "answer" to Fruchtl, whom I expect to top out at the Rensing/Kraft level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad