German Football 2021-2022

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
For me, the BuLi used to be a great league to follow - But this last decade not so much.
I don't find much entertainment in leagues where 1 team wins year after year.

Bayern are just sooooo far ahead of any other team these days, no one comes close (10 championships in a row speaks for itself - It is so predictable, it must not even be fun for the BM fans).

CGF, do you see any other teams able to take a championship in the near future?
BVB has improved in some needed areas but remains to be seen what they are doing at striker and I'm not convinced on Terzic. Leipzig was excellent after canning Marsch and, with Nkunku returning, could definitely make a run at BM and BVB, but we'll wait til the dust settles on who they're losing this off-season.

I find BL to be the most enjoyable of all the major leagues (and I watch all the top 5 except L1...please come to ESPN+ L1!) and I think the vast majority of that comes from outside of that top grouping in the likes of Union, Koln, Freiburg, Hoffenheim, Mainz, Monchengladbach, etc...

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BVB has improved in some needed areas but remains to be seen what they are doing at striker and I'm not convinced on Terzic. Leipzig was excellent after canning Marsch and, with Nkunku returning, could definitely make a run at BM and BVB, but we'll wait til the dust settles on who they're losing this off-season.

I find BL to be the most enjoyable of all the major leagues (and I watch all the top 5 except L1...please come to ESPN+ L1!) and I think the vast majority of that comes from outside of that top grouping in the likes of Union, Koln, Freiburg, Hoffenheim, Mainz, Monchengladbach, etc...
It helps that so many clubs play attractive football that your average BuLi match is likely to be fun, regardless of where in the table it occurs.

Outside of totally outclassed promoted sides, Wolfsburg & Augsburg are the only clubs who regularly play ugly football.

But for people who are watching for the title race, this probably isn’t the right league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

It’s looking more and more like in the last few days that Haller is the solution Kehl has went for.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I wonder if Freiburg can do another good season. Losing Schlotterbeck hurts but seems like they are keeping Gunter, Grifo and Sallai. Suprised there is not more interested from bigger clubs for those 3.

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wonder if Freiburg can do another good season. Losing Schlotterbeck hurts but seems like they are keeping Gunter, Grifo and Sallai. Suprised there is not more interested from bigger clubs for those 3.

I think the bigger impact will come from having to play on multiple fronts. Ginter is as good of a backfill for Schlotterbeck as they could've gotten. They're adding Daniel Kofi Kyereh, a versatile attacker who should fit into their style of play really well, and are rumored to be favorites for Gnonto...but their depth still wouldn't be great without a lot of things going their way.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
As of right now I think Freiburg will do worse next season, lower midfield to relegation fight but I'll hold my projections until I have a better feel for the roster, it's far from done right now

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Frankfurt fans nowadays are pretty leftist. That fanbase has changed a lot over the last 30 years which of course might have something to do with how the Frankfurt metropolitan area has changed demographically in that time frame too.

Reactions: luiginb

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
5ol059fx5k791.jpg

Suprised seeing van der vaart so high up. he should have played for bigger club than hamburg all those years

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Reactions: PanniniClaus

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Grifo just extended his contract (previously up to 2024) with Freiburg for an undisclosed number of years.
With the additions of Kyereh and Doan and the possible addition of Gregoritsch I find it ever more probably that Freiburg will see someone leaving. There are some rumours surrounding an Offer for Sallai from the premier league and a possible transfer of Demirovic but nothing concrete as of now... The roster is shaping up to be...let's say interesting

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Grifo just extended his contract (previously up to 2024) with Freiburg for an undisclosed number of years.
With the additions of Kyereh and Doan and the possible addition of Hinteregger I find it ever more probably that Freiburg will see someone leaving. There are some rumours surrounding an Offer for Sallai from the premier league and a possible transfer of Demirovic but nothing concrete as of now... The roster is shaping up to be...let's say interesting

With EL matches this season, the extra depth wouldn't go amiss if you can afford it :dunno:

Reactions: samabam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad