German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, what an incredible website you linked BTW; Voiceofeurope.com

Now I get your sources :laugh:
My god, are you like 5 year old? That website is abysmal. Misinformation, outright lies, fake titles, etc... all of that with racists articles throughout. Disgusting website.

Damn, I want to puke now.

Reactions: Eisen and Vipers31

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I
Wow, what an incredible website you linked BTW; Voiceofeurope.com

Now I get your sources :laugh:
My god, are you like 5 year old? That website is abysmal. Misinformation, outright lies, fake titles, etc... all of that with racists articles throughout. Disgusting website.

Damn, I want to puke now.
typical response though I can't say I'm surprised. Everything is fake propoganda if it's doesn't fit the agenda. Viva Liberty. As the poster in the other thread no reason to talk to stupid. Have a nice life.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You said it was french media. To which I laughed.
You said you'd prove me an idiot by giving the link.
I challenged you to.
And then all you can come up with is an article about a french media blaming LICRA (which is NOT a media) for a racist tweet.
And on a website filled with lies, digusting articles and racism everywhere.

So who's the idiot?

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
You said it was french media. To which I laughed.
You said you'd prove me an idiot by giving the link.
I challenged you to.
And then all you can come up with is an article about a french media blaming LICRA (which is NOT a media) for a racist tweet.
And on a website filled with lies, digusting articles and racism everywhere.

So who's the idiot?
I guess I am for trying to have any sort of discussion with you when your way of thinking is only one way. Have a nice life.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Özil's style of play makes him an easy target to criticism. An awesome eye for a final pass, but also lackadaisical and with a questionable work rate far too often. As a Madrid fan, I got regularly frustrated by him and actually welcomed his depart at the time, and I can assure you that it had nothing to do with him being a Muslim. All players get criticized sometimes, even better ones than Özil, and given his mediocre performance and key role on the pitch, it's only natural he's become one of the main culprits for the German failure in Russia. I'm struggling to see what exactly there was racist about Grindel's or Hoeneß' remarks.

Erdogan has been waging an anti-German campaing on many fronts for quite some time, some of his statements with regards to Germany are disgusting. For Özil and Gundogan to take picture with him and calling him "my president", it's indeed beyond stupid and fully justifies a harsh reaction which cannot be cheaply dismissed as racism. But as I've said, it's actually Özil's and Gundogan's agent Erkut Sogut who' behind this and he's certainly not stupid or politically naive. By the way, why the hell did Özil publish his statement in English only? Another gesture of his disrespect to Germany in my book.

Being critical of Ozil's play is fine, even if I think the general consensus is wrong about him 90% of the time (he created the most chances per 90mins of any player at the world cup, i.e. his job). Not everyone is going to be a fan of his performances or his play style. That's not strictly something that relates to German fans/media, as Arsenal fans and English media crucify the guy too. But he has already said he can live with his critics, as any footballers can, but the blatant racism that he has endured recently is intolerable.

I struggle to see where racism isn't involved in this issue (to different degrees of course). Between fans yelling racist remarks at him during the warm-up matches and world cup (and then the media portraying it as Ozil having picked the fight), the media using him as the scapegoat and questioning his commitment to Germany, and the double standards within the DFB and among German politicians referenced in Ozil's statement. You can find subtle examples of people denying Ozil's German-ness in this very thread too. The reaction to all of this goes far beyond just criticizing Ozil for being dumb/naive enough to meet with Erdogan.

*Also - I believe Gundogan was the one to sign the jersey "my president," not Ozil.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Everyone says he was dumb or naive, but it's wrong to dismiss the possibility that he actually likes Erdogan. Given how well Erdogan does among diaspora Turks that is far from unlikely. And that could, of course, be why his statement did not actually say that there's any regret about the meeting or anything negative about Erdogan either.

Reactions: Eisen

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Interested in seeing if/when Davies gets a crack with Bayern. :yo:
TBH I hope he gets loaned to another club first. I doubt he will crack the roster immediatly. They did it with Babbel, Lahm or Gnabry and it went very well for the players and Bayern, too. I mean, he's only 18 when he arrives. Players of that age usually don't play on major teams.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
TBH I hope he gets loaned to another club first. I doubt he will crack the roster immediatly. They did it with Babbel, Lahm or Gnabry and it went very well for the players and Bayern, too. I mean, he's only 18 when he arrives. Players of that age usually don't play on major teams.

Oh I'm sure he won't be starting with Bayern any time soon, kid's still got plenty of work to do. Just hyped that they saw enough potential to bring him over, and interested in seeing how well/fast he develops. If he can rocket up their training program they've no doubt laid out for him, who knows maybe he'll get slotted in or come off the bench a few times with the big club, maybe more.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
3. league is starting today. Many former Bundesliga champions participate. 1860, Lautern, Braunschweig and a lot of history from both, the Bundesliga like Uerdingen, KSC or Haching and DDR Oberliga like Halle, Zwickau, Cottbus or Jena.
Preußen Münster was an original Bundesliga team in '63.

Reactions: Ducks76

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
3. league is starting today. Many former Bundesliga champions participate. 1860, Lautern, Braunschweig and a lot of history from both, the Bundesliga like Uerdingen, KSC or Haching and DDR Oberliga like Halle, Zwickau, Cottbus or Jena.

Don't forget the giants from Lotte and Großaspach ;). I think it's funny that Uerdingen are back now with a big 'sponsor' backing them, so they can bring back their glory days of playing typically mediocre football in the Bundesliga in front of about 5,000 fans.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Just read Uerdingen signed Kevin Großkreutz. So they have a world champion. LOL. IIRC at some point they also had "kleines dickes" Ailton.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Uerdingen is a legit candidate for promotion. Quite a few former Bundesliga and 2.Liga players on their roster, which is the third most valuable of the league according to Transfermarkt
KFC Uerdingen 05 - Kader im Detail 18/19
Good for them. I will always remember the "Miracle of Grotenburg". They had good players back then, the Funkel bros, Vollack or Herget. But Großkreutz will always be LOL.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Yeah! And on the 3rd Gameday 1. FC Kaiserslautern vs Preußen Münster. The german championship final from 1951. ;)!

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Claudio Pizarro goes back to Bremen. As much they are natural rivals of my club as much I like the player. He's 39yo now and not the player he once was, but I wish him the best and many goals.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Apparently Höwedes moves to Lok Moscow (no loan). I'm happy for him the Schalke drama seems to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad