• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
he should have been fired last year for health bombing kakko in game 6 of the ECF

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Have 14 pages to catch up on, but my predicament (as someone's with 0 input), is that I want new blood. But I have zero faith in this group listening to someone without the pedigree.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This is one instance

According to a new report by Arthur Staple in The Athletic, while Kravtsov was saying his goodbyes to teammates, Chris Drury called him out and said he “quit” on the team. At the time Drury was the Wolf Pack’s GM.
Eventually, Kravtsov was demoted in the KHL and that prompted Jeff Gorton to get on the phone to bring Kravtsov back to the AHL. Not only did the kid come back, but Kris Knoblauch publicly stated that he did everything that was asked of him upon his return.

Late in 2020, the pandemic shut the NHL down, and ended the AHL season. Kravtsov was invited to the bubble when hockey resumed, when another incident occurred
He joined the Rangers in the Toronto bubble for the team’s brief 2020 playoff appearance and there was, again according to multiple sources, an incident between Kravtsov and Drury in which the young forward was dressed down by the then-assistant GM for not working hard enough. That happened on the ice in full view of teammates.

The Athletic

Btw, I'm not trying to rehash the Kravtsov saga just saying the stuff that happened above isn't something gm's or assistant Gm's have any business doing, as well as having an jn public argument with your coach.

Not sure you're trying to suggest Kravtsov would have made some kind of positive difference for us in the playoffs if we held onto him but he was the same player for the Canucks as he has been with us. As in 16 games 1 goal 1 assist. His main issue isn't lack of talent but 5 years after he was drafted he still needs a lot of work on strength and conditioning......which is pretty much what his new coach Rick Tocchet was saying when he mentioned he wanted Vitali to stick around Vancouver for the summer so he could keep an eye on his off season training. Vitali will be 24 next year and is not that far away from running out of chances.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Drury has not had his State of the Union address yet.. probably because of the GG questions. The back lash with Q in my opinion would be too intense. Imagine a press conference with Molly asking the 1st question? Then Larry writing for a week about the Blackhawks mess? Is Sullivan going to coach the Penns next year? Or is it an up and comer?

Reactions: will1066

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
I do not know who listened to Vally on 'Garden Faithful Podcast' but he properly rips the team and lays it all out.

Coaching is a massive problem. Vally says we need an 'Offensive Coordinator' ie a coaching staff that know what tf they're doing.
This goes well beyond rotations too. This system , the Xs and Os if you will, simply did not have sound spacing for the type of game that best fits these players offensively. This wasn't a player or two struggling for long stretches but the whole team. 'Dirty' goals and 'grinder' goals are great but this team was capable of so many more 'pretty' goals 5v5 with the combination of passing and shooting capability on this roster.

Valley saying we need an offensive coordinator is a very polite way to put it. We need a new coach who will properly assess the type of talent we have, what is the best way to put them in positions to succeed, then implement a sound plan to do so.

Last edited:

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
So, a team with clearly worse players (Carolina) is playing a system to stifle the Devils (who look even that much worse in games 1 & 2 as they did against us)?

Makes you think if we were coached differently we might've had a bit more success, eh?

If the players had a game plan and the determination and commitment to execute it, we would've beaten the Devils. Rush teams historically are not successful in the playoffs because if they're defended properly they cannot execute their game plan. This is why I picked the Rangers to win the series - if they were f***ing coached properly, they should've won. Period.

Out with this guy. O-U-T.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I understand that Sutter eventually rubs everyone the wrong way, but the 2 weaknesses that were completely exposed were speed/conditioning and 5v5 play.

They won't be tired with Sutter and 5v5 is Sutters forte.

Plus he will either force play Panarin to play harder and not on the outside, or Sutter will make his life miserable to the point that he would want out.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I do not know who listened to Vally on 'Garden Faithful Podcast' but he properly rips the team and lays it all out.

Coaching is a massive problem. Vally says we need an 'Offensive Coordinator' ie a coaching staff that know what tf they're doing.
Listening now . It was on a couple days ago.

Vally should be a goalie coach somewhere at least if not an assistant coach...

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
We cannot enter the season with a dead man walking as coach. Watching Carolina steamroll the Devils is just further proof that we need to get rid of this clown immediately.

Save me the record bullshit. Shesterkin has become the best goalie in the league and saves our asses every game, multiple times. The team is putrid 5 on 5.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
FB_IMG_1683378593151.jpg

Lets goooo. Make life hell for a while. Been too comfortable for too long.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So, a team with clearly worse players (Carolina) is playing a system to stifle the Devils (who look even that much worse in games 1 & 2 as they did against us)?

Makes you think if we were coached differently we might've had a bit more success, eh?

If the players had a game plan and the determination and commitment to execute it, we would've beaten the Devils. Rush teams historically are not successful in the playoffs because if they're defended properly they cannot execute their game plan. This is why I picked the Rangers to win the series - if they were f***ing coached properly, they should've won. Period.

Out with this guy. O-U-T.
I feel mostly the same way, and it’s pretty clear that GG didn’t do anything system wise to beat the Devils, but Jesus H. Christ himself couldn’t get Panarin and Kane to play Canes style hockey so it wouldn’t have mattered aneyway.

There doesn’t have to be a binary between skill and grit. It doesn’t have to be Panarin or Ryan Reaves. That’s what the Canes understand.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Listening now . It was on a couple days ago.

Vally should be a goalie coach somewhere at least if not an assistant coach...
Vally should 100% be involved with the team somehow in an advisor role.

But he even mentioned it, coaches are insecure and do not want analysts telling players what to do.

It’s fitting because isn’t this that led to Gallant leaving in a taxi in Florida?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Are there any up and coming coaches?

How is Knoblauch when it comes to Xs and Os?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Sounds like Joel to me.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
I understand that Sutter eventually rubs everyone the wrong way, but the 2 weaknesses that were completely exposed were speed/conditioning and 5v5 play.

They won't be tired with Sutter and 5v5 is Sutters forte.

Plus he will either force play Panarin to play harder and not on the outside, or Sutter will make his life miserable to the point that he would want out.
Respectfully disagree.

He's the wrong coach for the team because the system is defense. The Rangers are not a defensive team and don't need to be. They're simply not built to win through defense.

With the current roster, they're built to win through offense and goaltending, and the problem with our current "system" is that it's a safe, defensive system based on neutral zone backcheck movement and gap control (NOT puck pressure) that has forwards so concerned about getting back, their creativity in the offensive zone is stifled, so concerned about helping in their own end that outlet passes and breakouts have become impossible, and the D so concerned about helping the consequentially struggling offense so they pinch and constantly create oddman chances against by getting caught.

Regardless of whatever benefits Sutter might offer for conditioning (and I do agree this was a major deficiency this year) won't cover up for all the other baggage that comes with a guy like him. Not the least of which is that he's a defensive coach. It's not what he is, it's who he is. You wouldn't hire Ken Hitchcock to coach the 90s Red Wings, and you wouldn't hire Bruce Boudreau to coach the '90s Devils. It's just a really bad fit. The last thing this team needs is another coach who's not going to develop or facilitate talented offensive players producing at even strength.

Sutter will turn them into a boring, gritty team that won't win enough, and will hold back our highly touted young players who despite their slow career starts need someone who is going to get the most out of them and actually coach them offensively - not just tell them stupid shit like "get pucks deep, go to the net, screen the goalie, get greasy, throw the puck at the net" while spending 75% + of every practice on neutral zone defense and D zone coverage.

We've literally lost in the playoffs for the last 15 years because of lack of scoring. It's not a criticism, I just don't see how people here can look at that and think we need a defensive oriented coach to finally win.

Reactions: lubitschtouch

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Respectfully disagree.

He's the wrong coach for the team because the system is defense. The Rangers are not a defensive team and don't need to be. They're simply not built to win through defense.

With the current roster, they're built to win through offense and goaltending, and the problem with our current "system" is that it's a safe, defensive system based on neutral zone backcheck movement and gap control (NOT puck pressure) that has forwards so concerned about getting back, their creativity in the offensive zone is stifled, so concerned about helping in their own end that outlet passes and breakouts have become impossible, and the D so concerned about helping the consequentially struggling offense so they pinch and constantly create oddman chances against by getting caught.

Regardless of whatever benefits Sutter might offer for conditioning (and I do agree this was a major deficiency this year) won't cover up for all the other baggage that comes with a guy like him. Not the least of which is that he's a defensive coach. It's not what he is, it's who he is. You wouldn't hire Ken Hitchcock to coach the 90s Red Wings, and you wouldn't hire Bruce Boudreau to coach the '90s Devils. It's just a really bad fit. The last thing this team needs is another coach who's not going to develop or facilitate talented offensive players producing at even strength.

Sutter will turn them into a boring, gritty team that won't win enough, and will hold back our highly touted young players who despite their slow career starts need someone who is going to get the most out of them and actually coach them offensively - not just tell them stupid shit like "get pucks deep, go to the net, screen the goalie, get greasy, throw the puck at the net" while spending 75% + of every practice on neutral zone defense and D zone coverage.

We've literally lost in the playoffs for the last 15 years because of lack of scoring. It's not a criticism, I just don't see how people here can look at that and think we need a defensive oriented coach to finally win.
Find me an offensive coach that is a taskmaster and sign me up.

I want the country club BS to end.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Are there any up and coming coaches?

How is Knoblauch when it comes to Xs and Os?
Will never forget how the boys played when he got called up. I'd rather go with him than the old guard at this point. I'm so sick of Gallant's lack of accountability. Giving me AV flashbacks.

Reactions: McRanger92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad