Should Gerard Gallant be Fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
We were god awful by every metric gallants first season. We were awful. We rode the Shesty train. Georgiev had a bad season, but that was most likely because we played awful in front of him.

Now, gallant is a shitty coach. He basically self admits that by saying he is not an x and o’s type of guy. Good coaches understand this type of stuff.

In that way, quinn was actually better than him. He is much smarter and understands strategy. He was just a micro manager who by all accounts sucked playing for. In that way he is a worse coach.

But quinn isnt our coach, and i dont want him to be. Gallant unfortunately is, and it is clear as day that he has no clue how to run this team. By every single metric except goaltending and PP we are below avg. and when u see the talent we have on ice, nobody really understands why or why they look so clueless.

f***, even sammy blais was happy to get off this team and started piling on points. And on a shittier team.

I dont know why u are so enamored with him. But why dont u tell me what he has done so well? Im curious as to what u think he “brings to this org. Bc so far i havent seen anything or anyone really getting better under him. Most players start playing better when they get off this team.
Well said, accurate on all counts. Couldnt have said it any better.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
It wasnt Kane OR another player. It was Kane or nothing else. Drury wasnt going to play the team shorthanded for 2 weeks to add Ivan Barbashev or Garnet Hathaway.

The Kane trade didnt work out, but we wouldn't have won this series with or without him. And if we lose without him, Drury would be getting eviscerated by everyone here for not trading a 2nd rounder for Patrick Kane when he had the chance.
The mistake wasn't getting Kane.
The mistake was playing his line 18 minutes a night and putting him on the top PP like it's 2010 still.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
It wasnt Kane OR another player. It was Kane or nothing else. Drury wasnt going to play the team shorthanded for 2 weeks to add Ivan Barbashev or Garnet Hathaway.

The Kane trade didnt work out, but we wouldn't have won this series with or without him. And if we lose without him, Drury would be getting eviscerated by everyone here for not trading a 2nd rounder for Patrick Kane when he had the chance.
Exactly. Sick of people even bringing up whether Kane was the right move or not. It's not even worth discussing when there's a million more pressing issues.

He was blamed by many fans for the anemic PPs games 3/4... after picking up like 4 assists on it thru games 1 and 2. Then the Devils adjust their PK strat, our PP suddenly looks like shit and our biggest adjustment was... taking Kane off the PP. Guess what, PP still sucked ass. It was inconsistent all season without Kane to begin with.

Kane is literally one of the last players to complain about in any way shape or form. Not saying much but he skated well in game 7, better than any other winger on the team.

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It probably does not matter who we hire with the putrid crew we had in our top 6 . The team is soft and slow . The first thing they need to do is figure out who is running hockey operations moving forward . We can't have the owner , the GM and the coach all wanting and doing different things . They have to figure out what kind of a club they want and build it . The trading for a magic rocket to deliver a trip to the moon every Spring is certain;y not the answer .

Maybe Gallant is not the right coach for our team .....but we certainly don't have a great team on the ice albeit the media thought we were great when we got Disabled Kane and Gallant has coaxed them to a 100 + point season 2 years running . He must have done something right .

So.....in order for a new guy to have a fighting chance they have to be in unison and have a set direction on where they want this club to be in a year or two or longer and stick with the F'n plan . Trading futures for a quick fix seldom works . Lock that lunatic owner in his skyscraper ....get better scouts ....get a better D coach ....and play the F'n kids and last but not least....dump the cancer Panarin . Just losing him and his contract without adding anything is a gain . Kreider goes into the top LW and Lafreniere at the 2spot . Find a RW that can be a real PITA to play against and Kakko as the two 2 RW's . Fill in the blanks with hard workers that can pot a few and drop the gloves every now and then unless we are going all in on a team of pacifists . Have the D join the rush more often .

I know many likely think I am Pro Gallant....well that is not true ! I just want some sort of plan and build it and make sure we have that type of coach to run it . It's not rocket science . If it is deemed by Drury there is better options....so be it . But......Panarin has to go....he is 110 % TOXIC and a bad rub on our kids in the way he shows himself as a player . We have Othmann and Cuyless coming.....let's try and get these two off on the right foot without having to watch Panarin .

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Which reference's Staples' TheAthletic artcle; mentioning the report from Friedman
I don't think Drury is cut out for this job, there's been enough instances of him being a hot head with regards to young kids in Hartford and now fighting with the coach in public is not the type of personality you need in management.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I don't think Drury is cut out for this job, there's been enough instances of him being a hot head with regards to young kids in Hartford and now fighting with the coach in public is not the type of personality you need in management.
Wait what happened in Hartford?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I just feel it’s too soon to be running Gallant out of town. Roster has issues and not sure new coaching can fix that.
Some of the roster issues are exacerbated by the inability of this staff to put kids in positions to succeed. We're short two right wingers....we got Kakko playing on the 3rd line. We give Lafreniere a few games like he was gonna just be used to the off wing in that short of time and write it off as not working when he should have been left there for a month to get used to it or move right shooting Panarin to rw or vet Kreider. The team is being run by Mika, Kreider, and Panarin, that's where the problem is.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Wait what happened in Hartford?
This is one instance

According to a new report by Arthur Staple in The Athletic, while Kravtsov was saying his goodbyes to teammates, Chris Drury called him out and said he “quit” on the team. At the time Drury was the Wolf Pack’s GM.
Eventually, Kravtsov was demoted in the KHL and that prompted Jeff Gorton to get on the phone to bring Kravtsov back to the AHL. Not only did the kid come back, but Kris Knoblauch publicly stated that he did everything that was asked of him upon his return.

Late in 2020, the pandemic shut the NHL down, and ended the AHL season. Kravtsov was invited to the bubble when hockey resumed, when another incident occurred
He joined the Rangers in the Toronto bubble for the team’s brief 2020 playoff appearance and there was, again according to multiple sources, an incident between Kravtsov and Drury in which the young forward was dressed down by the then-assistant GM for not working hard enough. That happened on the ice in full view of teammates.

The Athletic

Btw, I'm not trying to rehash the Kravtsov saga just saying the stuff that happened above isn't something gm's or assistant Gm's have any business doing, as well as having an jn public argument with your coach.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It probably does not matter who we hire with the putrid crew we had in our top 6 . The team is soft and slow . The first thing they need to do is figure out who is running hockey operations moving forward . We can't have the owner , the GM and the coach all wanting and doing different things . They have to figure out what kind of a club they want and build it . The trading for a magic rocket to deliver a trip to the moon every Spring is certain;y not the answer .

Maybe Gallant is not the right coach for our team .....but we certainly don't have a great team on the ice albeit the media thought we were great when we got Disabled Kane and Gallant has coaxed them to a 100 + point season 2 years running . He must have done something right .

So.....in order for a new guy to have a fighting chance they have to be in unison and have a set direction on where they want this club to be in a year or two or longer and stick with the F'n plan . Trading futures for a quick fix seldom works . Lock that lunatic owner in his skyscraper ....get better scouts ....get a better D coach ....and play the F'n kids and last but not least....dump the cancer Panarin . Just losing him and his contract without adding anything is a gain . Kreider goes into the top LW and Lafreniere at the 2spot . Find a RW that can be a real PITA to play against and Kakko as the two 2 RW's . Fill in the blanks with hard workers that can pot a few and drop the gloves every now and then unless we are going all in on a team of pacifists . Have the D join the rush more often .

I know many likely think I am Pro Gallant....well that is not true ! I just want some sort of plan and build it and make sure we have that type of coach to run it . It's not rocket science . If it is deemed by Drury there is better options....so be it . But......Panarin has to go....he is 110 % TOXIC and a bad rub on our kids in the way he shows himself as a player . We have Othmann and Cuyless coming.....let's try and get these two off on the right foot without having to watch Panarin .
We had that until they decided to fire JD and Gorton which f***ed everything up.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
This is one instance

According to a new report by Arthur Staple in The Athletic, while Kravtsov was saying his goodbyes to teammates, Chris Drury called him out and said he “quit” on the team. At the time Drury was the Wolf Pack’s GM.
Eventually, Kravtsov was demoted in the KHL and that prompted Jeff Gorton to get on the phone to bring Kravtsov back to the AHL. Not only did the kid come back, but Kris Knoblauch publicly stated that he did everything that was asked of him upon his return.

Late in 2020, the pandemic shut the NHL down, and ended the AHL season. Kravtsov was invited to the bubble when hockey resumed, when another incident occurred
He joined the Rangers in the Toronto bubble for the team’s brief 2020 playoff appearance and there was, again according to multiple sources, an incident between Kravtsov and Drury in which the young forward was dressed down by the then-assistant GM for not working hard enough. That happened on the ice in full view of teammates.

The Athletic

Btw, I'm not trying to rehash the Kravtsov saga just saying the stuff that happened above isn't something gm's or assistant Gm's have any business doing, as well as having an jn public argument with your coach.
Hockey's different here. How did no one say anything? Dolan , sather....

Heard from trusted source...GG needed to win against Debbies or get whacked...its coming
And you are? Lol

Heard from trusted source...GG needed to win against Debbies or get whacked...its coming
Drury should also be fired... he fights with whoever irks him it seems.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
It was obvious right away that Drury sucks. And accomplished nothing good in Hartford. And most of his trades and drafting has been terrible.

Now I'm scared on who replaces him....
better be Quenneville

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Hockey's different here. How did no one say anything? Dolan , sather....

And you are? Lol

Drury should also be fired... he fights with whoever irks him it seems.
Ah whatever, at least someone in the organization gives a shit

Reactions: gabevh3

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Wrong thread
iu

• Haha
Reactions: Cmox and will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.