Recalled/Assigned: Gerald Mayhew

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Doesn't sound like anyone got sent down? They've got to do something, so might as well throw Mayhew in the top 6 right away.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Doesn't sound like anyone got sent down? They've got to do something, so might as well throw Mayhew in the top 6 right away.
Gotta believe that at least one of Donato and/or Kunin go down

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
With Pateryn on the IR, we were at 22/23 so we don’t have to send anyone down in theory.
Iowa doesn't play again until friday so there's no sense to send anyone down before then, but if they start healthy scratching guys like Donato/Kunin/Greenway then the whole f***ing organization needs to be fired

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Iowa doesn't play again until friday so there's no sense to send anyone down before then, but if they start healthy scratching guys like Donato/Kunin/Greenway then the whole ****ing organization needs to be fired
How about sitting Parise - Staal - Fiala - Zuccarello

None of them deserve to play and there aren't any excuses for any of them ( zuccarello supposedly dinged up no excuse for his play in 1st 3 games )

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
How about sitting Parise - Staal - Fiala - Zuccarello

None of them deserve to play and there aren't any excuses for any of them ( zuccarello supposedly dinged up no excuse for his play in 1st 3 games )
Fine by me but Boudreau isn't going to do that. He's going to continue to blame the kids

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Fine by me but Boudreau isn't going to do that. He's going to continue to blame the kids

Not really.

In fact, with the net empty and the Wild trying to rally from a two-goal deficit late, Boudreau used the two fourth-liners with an extra attacker along with Mikko Koivu, Zucker, Spurgeon and Hunt.
He didn’t use Parise or Staal or Fiala or Dumba or Zuccarello in that situation.
That says it all.
“They deserved to be out there,” Boudreau said of Foligno and Hartman. “That’s what it’s gotta be. It’s gotta be a reward system. This theme of ‘all-in’ only works if everybody’s ‘all-in’ for the right reason. That’s what it’s gotta be or we won’t be successful.

It’ll be interesting to see how Boudreau uses Parise for the next little bit. The coach is clearly frustrated by the veteran’s play; he’s down to the third line and finished Saturday’s game with no points, a minus-2 and no shots.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Boudreau sits a healthy veteran, the way things look right now.

I remember Zuccarello had a down period with the Rangers, still their top scorer. Coach put him in the doghouse for one game, and when Zucc was back in the lineup he played like a god...

It's like Staal said, we are a team of really good players, but the problem is located between our ears. It's a mental thing.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not really.
Letting the 4th line finish out a game that was over early in the 2nd period doesn't really say a whole to me. Do you think he would do the same thing in a 1 goal game? I don't

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Letting the 4th line finish out a game that was over early in the 2nd period doesn't really say a whole to me. Do you think he would do the same thing in a 1 goal game? I don't
It was a two goal game with 2.5 minutes left. The game wasn't over.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Plus, you didn't answer my question
I'd like to see what you'd tell your team if you were the coach in that situation. "Sorry guys, game over, we're throwing out the fourth liners." :huh:

To answer your question, they're related. I guess if you think it was game over, it makes sense. I don't think Boudreau thought it was game over.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'd like to see what you'd tell your team if you were the coach in that situation. "Sorry guys, game over, we're throwing out the fourth liners." :huh:

To answer your question, they're related. I guess if you think it was game over, it makes sense. I don't think Boudreau thought it was game over.
That doesn't come close to answering my question. The rest of what you said is just further prooving my point

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
That doesn't come close to answering my question. The rest of what you said is just further prooving my point

:laugh: I know you're just going to give me the condescending "figure it out" or "you're missing the point" at this point, and in turn I'll do the same back to you. Now we can end this conversation early.

The entire conversation was about not playing your vets in critical scenarios. I think a two goal game with 2.5 minutes left is a critical scenario, and you don't. I don't care about "what if" it was a one goal game. It wasn't.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
:laugh: I know you're just going to give me the condescending "figure it out" or "you're missing the point" at this point, and in turn I'll do the same back to you. Now we can end this conversation early.

The entire conversation was about not playing your vets in critical scenarios. I think a two goal game with 2.5 minutes left is a critical scenario, and you don't. I don't care about "what if" it was a one goal game. It wasn't.
Sorry for asking you a simple question. Nice job of going on about nothing for multiple paragraphs though. Even managed to take a shot at me for no apparent reason.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sorry for asking you a simple question. Nice job of going on about nothing for multiple paragraphs though. Even managed to take a shot at me for no apparent reason.
I too apologize for disagreeing with your initial statement. I should not have been so dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad