Recalled/Assigned: Gerald Mayhew

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Do any kids deserve a shot at playing on the first line with their recent play?
I would say that Hartman deserves a shot with Koivu-Zucker long before Parise does. Moving Zucker to RW to accomodate Parise seems like a terrible idea as well.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I would say that Hartman deserves a shot with Koivu-Zucker long before Parise does. Moving Zucker to RW to accomodate Parise seems like a terrible idea as well.
Agreed, no doubt there. Hartman is one of the few guys playing well.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
God forbid that Asst GM Parise doesn't get his way, he was probably on his bat phone directly to Leiopold crying .....total primmadonna

I wish Leiopold had enough guts to ship Parise and Suter out of town .... Koivu gone after this season.

NEVER going to win anything with those guys in locker room

Reactions: Rask Decisions

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
God forbid that Asst GM Parise doesn't get his way, he was probably on his bat phone directly to Leiopold crying .....total primmadonna

I wish Leiopold had enough guts to ship Parise and Suter out of town .... Koivu gone after this season.

NEVER going to win anything with those guys in locker room
Suter needs to be left out of all the "Parise and Suter" stuff. They're two different people. Suter shows up and does his job. And he does better than everyone else on the team.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s weird cause Boudreau says playing time should be a reward for on ice performance, but then he puts Parise with Koivu-Zucker to try to get him going. Parise has done nothing to deserve ice time this season.

I’d scratch him and play Mayhew on that line just to send the message.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, there is such a thing as body of work. Parise has it. Fiala, does not. I would be curious to know whether Parise is healthy. Every time in the past that he has not been playing well, we usually find out later it's due to health. He has never been a guy i associate with sub par effort. He is a guy i associate with sub par health, which limits his on ice effectiveness.

Also, how did Suter worm his way into this? He is playing reasonably well, and his skating looks much better than last year. His defending is now better, and up to his old standard, or near to it, anyway.

Reactions: P10p

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well, there is such a thing as body of work. Parise has it. Fiala, does not. I would be curious to know whether Parise is healthy. Every time in the past that he has not been playing well, we usually find out later it's due to health. He has never been a guy i associate with sub par effort. He is a guy i associate with sub par health, which limits his on ice effectiveness.

Also, how did Suter worm his way into this? He is playing reasonably well, and his skating looks much better than last year. His defending is now better, and up to his old standard, or near to it, anyway.
Convenient isn't it.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

Oh REALLY ?????

Body of work ??????

Go ask Bowman how that's working out with Seabrook in Chicago or Edmonton with Lucic.

Maybe BG should trade for Seabrook because, as we all know, Seabrook has 3 RINGS an impecable body of work ........ Parise, Koivu and Suter have how many rings combined ????? None of those 3 should be included in the term body of work.

Nobody should get a free ride but Leiopold wants to cater to the so called "Leaders" and he'll get what he deserves. Spurgeon contract just adds on to the debacle.

Sad part is Bruce will probably be fired by early November and take the blame for everything.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Oh REALLY ?????

Body of work ??????

Go ask Bowman how that's working out with Seabrook in Chicago or Edmonton with Lucic.

Maybe BG should trade for Seabrook because, as we all know, Seabrook has 3 RINGS an impecable body of work ........ Parise, Koivu and Suter have how many rings combined ????? None of those 3 should be included in the term body of work.

Nobody should get a free ride but Leiopold wants to cater to the so called "Leaders" and he'll get what he deserves. Spurgeon contract just adds on to the debacle.

Sad part is Bruce will probably be fired by early November and take the blame for everything.

Wow talk about a hot take.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m not against taking playing time away from the vets, especially since it’s looking like a lottery season anyways, but I wonder if they haven’t already gotten the message and just can’t perform because they’re old and not very good anymore.

Reactions: Mickey the mouse

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I’m not against taking playing time away from the vets, especially since it’s looking like a lottery season anyways, but I wonder if they haven’t already gotten the message and just can’t perform because they’re old and not very good anymore.
I doubt that any of them are dogging it. If anything they have more reason to hit the ground running this season: most of them have more or less committed to playing out the rest of their careers in Minnesota, so it's not like their chances are going to get better from here on out.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It’s weird cause Boudreau says playing time should be a reward for on ice performance

All coaches say that and do the opposite. I remember when Koivu and Suter played like dogs and they still got top line minutes.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There is a difference between trying, and trying like your life depends on it. I think BB wants some of the latter, though effort like that is hard to sustain for a long period.

Anyway, back to Mayhew. Odds that he is the next Fontaine?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
he is a shooter so that is a plus. I hope that 4th line gets a good amount of minutes so he can show us what he has.

I think he get's put on Staal's wing. But to be fair Staal has been playing like he should be on the 4th line.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think he get's put on Staal's wing. But to be fair Staal has been playing like he should be on the 4th line.
I think I saw yesterday it was mayhew - rask/donato -greenway. obviously that can change but I have no issue really where he lines up as we don't have a top line... mostly just 4 third lines right now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think I saw yesterday it was mayhew - rask/donato -greenway. obviously that can change but I have no issue really where he lines up as we don't have a top line... mostly just 4 third lines right now.

I'm just going from BB's history with callups. He does try to put them in the best position for them to have success.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I'm just going from BB's history with callups. He does try to put them in the best position for them to have success.

Based on the fact that this bloke is a shooter i sure as hell hope he get’s a legit chance at actually shooting.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Since the Powerplay strategy has pretty much been fire at will. Might as well put him out there and let him shoot.

No, the PP strategy has been get the puck to Dumba or Hunt and let them fire away. Koivu seems to be the only FWD taking any shots on the PP.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
No, the PP strategy has been get the puck to Dumba or Hunt and let them fire away. Koivu seems to be the only FWD taking any shots on the PP.

NHL forwards aren't allowed to shoot. Its part of the "new" game ops. Therefor Mayhew being an AHLer he can.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
NHL forwards aren't allowed to shoot. Its part of the "new" game ops. Therefor Mayhew being an AHLer he can.

I'm still waiting for the 4 d-men + Koivu (who could be a d-man) PP. :sarcasm:

I don't know if Mayhew will get PP time, but he should get a lot of o-zone starts 5v5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad