Georgiev Penalized For Flipping Puck Into Glass - Suspension Incoming?

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
the only thing that matters about this story/thread is that he was benched, and annunen shut the door

Bednars expression/body language after pulling him said a lot imo. Would not be entirely surprised if justus gets a clear shot at taking over before the playoff run
And George’s body language probably shows that he was not happy with the pull. He sat there for several shifts with his helmet on, likely expecting to go back in.

I do think they need to get him in the proper headspace because they need him playing well for their best shot but it’s a fine line of seeing what you have in Annunen as well because he very well could be asked to play in these playoffs at some point. Not a great situation for a team looking to be a legitimate cup candidate.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
Except that puck he shot up hit a kid in the face causing him stiches because nobody is paying attention to the puck after play.

Still a nothing McMuffin?

Didn't happen, but it might of. This isn't a nothing McMuffin.
So nothing actually happened, but could've happened? Jesus dude, calm down.

It's not good, but we're talking about a sport where grown men regularly have fist fights on ice. In any game someone could die. Now that's a Big McMuffin, but here we all are watching the sport.

Maybe give him a fine and move on. Worse things happen every second around the world. No need to get your panties in a bunch over this small thing.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So nothing actually happened, but could've happened? Jesus dude, calm down.

It's not good, but we're talking about a sport where grown men regularly have fist fights on ice. In any game someone could die. Now that's a Big McMuffin, but here we all are watching the sport.

Maybe give him a fine and move on. Worse things happen every second around the world. No need to get your panties in a bunch over this small thing.
It seems like you have your panties in a bunch. Take a breath, yikes :laugh:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
It's tough because a little girl literally died at an NHL game from getting hit by a puck. So the league needs to have as close to a zero tolerance policy as you can get.

At the same time... this was such an innocent mistake. A goalie was frustrated and kicked the puck, to me that's not nearly as bad as slamming a stick on the crossbar or having a tantrum. Really just bad luck.

I say fine him. A suspension would just hit him in the pocket book anyway since he most likely wouldn't be getting the next start, but the league really does need to make it clear there will be supplemental discipline for shooting a puck into the stands outside of the normal flow of the game.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
HFAvs would like to apologize to Rangers fans who told us. I don't know if we can trust this tweet but wouldn't surprise me. Could it be Georgiev who Toews was mad about in December? "We've got some guys in here that think they're playing well and I think they're kidding themselves at this point," Toews said.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Silliness. Anyone who thinks this is suspension worthy is kidding themselves. Hard.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

sunglasses-on-shades.gif

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I know it’s not the point but one handed with a goalie stick that’s impressive
It's really not difficult. You use your stick like a lever with the pad/leg as the fulcrum. Pretty easy to get a lot on a shot doing that. Any high school aged goalie should be able to get a puck over the glass if they tried/really wanted to.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
It's really not difficult. You use your stick like a lever with the pad/leg as the fulcrum. Pretty easy to get a lot on a shot doing that. Any high school aged goalie should be able to get a puck over the glass if they tried/really wanted to.
Yikes. If Georgiev tried 10 more times to do the same thing I don't think he can replicate it even once. And the high school goalie comment is absolutely laughable. Most of these guys weigh 150 pounds soaking wet and have popsicle arms. Guarantee you most can't do it even on a fluke.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
With a straight face, you're saying this action should be worhty of being suspendable...??

I mean, if it hit someone in the stands? Yes, 100%. That's a massive lawsuit on the NHLs hands. It's not like the puck just went out during normal play where you are suppose to be paying attention.

With a straight face you don't think there should be any discipline for that act if someone was injured?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"people" of course being in reference specifically to the crypto guy
And other usual suspects.

I'm not saying Georgiev is an angel. He is moody and sometimes needs to do a better job of hiding it on camera.

But damn, I have never seen such a concerted effort to be mad at somebody.

I think for Rangers fans, deep down, he bore the emotion of being the guy who's not Lundqvist so Shesterkin could start with a clean slate.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yikes. If Georgiev tried 10 more times to do the same thing I don't think he can replicate it even once. And the high school goalie comment is absolutely laughable. Most of these guys weigh 150 pounds soaking wet and have popsicle arms. Guarantee you most can't do it even on a fluke.
It’s not hard to get a lot on a shot like that. I’ve shot pucks like that countless times. Don’t know what else to tell you but you’re entitled to you opinion I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad