Georgiev Penalized For Flipping Puck Into Glass - Suspension Incoming?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He was pulled in addition to this, but HNIC reporters stated that he may face a fine or suspension for his actions.

They cited when Mats Sundin threw his broken stick into the crowd and was subsequently suspended.

What are your thoughts? Should there be additional disciplinary action? Should there have even been a penalty?

We see nothing of what he did in the video.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I was at the game and watched the video in OP; still have no idea what happened lol.
So there was an original video that sucked, so OP took it down, and then added another video, but the new video doesn't show the actual play being discussed here? Or does it happen in the background somewhere?
We see nothing of what he did in the video.
I genuinely can't tell if this schtick or serious.

There doesn’t seem to be a good replay clip of the play yet. Only reason I even brought this up was because the HNIC team did a short segment on it saying it will likely be a fine or suspension.

What he did was backwards sweep the puck out of the goal aggressively into the glass after the goal. So could have hurt someone or, if it went over the glass, a fan.

Apologies I don’t have a better clip yet.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There doesn’t seem to be a good replay clip of the play yet. Only reason I even brought this up was because the HNIC team did a short segment on it saying it will likely be a fine or suspension.

What he did was backwards sweep the puck out of the goal aggressively into the glass after the goal. So could have hurt someone or, if it went over the glass, a fan.

Apologies I don’t have a better clip yet.
Players do the same thing constantly over empty net goals all the time. Like, unless he hit somebody on the ice, no.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I know we all think this is nothing but to intentionally do that is so dangerous, a child literally died from a puck, now that was a Slapshot but a puck hitting you in the right spot can literally kill someone. So if im the league I would give him a game to set an example. Especially considering it was when the play was frozen, most people aren't paying attention to the puck at that point 🤦🏽.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Hopefully the NHL banishes him to the KHL or something. Unacceptable to be doing that.

If I was running the Avalanche, that's probably a position I look at upgrading in the off-season, I don't think he has it mentally.

Avalanche will win the cup now.
Fourgiev is a back up at best and not a good one based on the numbers. Hes actually just a terrible goaltender 8/10 nights.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
This thread is proof that literally anyone can say literally anything on television and at least some of the population will be like “yeah, time to get on the internet and defend this!”
It would be helpful if there was a video of the thing he supposedly did. With all the cameras during a NHL game not s single one captured this?

Reactions: algernon

reino

Jul 20, 2019
well well full blooded American hero Tony Deangelo was right all along commie Gergiev was the problem!

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Still can’t tell what happened. Where is the correct video?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So I was at the game too and it was all pretty confusing. I didn’t see what Georgiev did. My take was what ever he did was the reason he got pulled. Mostly because the play Nashville scored on wasn’t his fault. It was a two on one and the shot was a snipe. The game wasn’t out of hand. It didn’t feel like a time to pull a goalie.

It kind of felt like Bednar pulled him in reaction to whatever happened. I do think Georgiev is a little special.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If the description “flipped puck at glass after the goal” is all there is to the story, talk of a fine/suspension is silly. This doesn’t come anywhere near throwing a stick at the fans. It’s a run of the mill unsportsmanlike action that routinely gets a 2 minute minor and that’s all.
No I think he should definitely be suspended. Make it extra long to set an example to people who think letting in that many goals is acceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad