Georgiev Penalized For Flipping Puck Into Glass - Suspension Incoming?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Goalies are usually weird. I should know, I was one.

What's the problem though? Why are people freaking out like he just killed someone?
i don’t think anyone is freaking out. The people in here are all Avs fans doing it in a joking sense as Georgiev hasn’t been great this season.

That said as one poster stated he could have hurt someone throwing the puck into the crowd. He didn’t, thank goodness, but he very easily could have.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
i don’t think anyone is freaking out. The people in here are all Avs fans doing it in a joking sense as Georgiev hasn’t been great this season.

That said as one poster stated he could have hurt someone throwing the puck into the crowd. He didn’t, thank goodness, but he very easily could have.
I'm just confused because the title says flipping puck into glass (not over it) and the video shows f*** all about what happened.

So he actually flipped the puck into the stands? Ok, then I can see the problem.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I'm just confused because the title says flipping puck into glass (not over it) and the video shows f*** all about what happened.

So he actually flipped the puck into the stands? Ok, then I can see the problem.
Well he backwards flipped the puck and it hit the glass. So nearly into the crowd.

Why there’s no proper clip of it yet TV reporters are calling for a fine/suspension is beyond me.

Personally I think it will be a minimum fine if anything, but when HNIC said potential suspension I was curious as to what everyone on here thought.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
As they are both sucky douchebags who are bound to each other like dollar store Batman and Joker, both he and deangelo should be permabanned and sentenced to an eternity of nightly steel cage matches

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

1711899243523.gif

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Start Justus, hope we can save more than 60% of shots in the playoffs. Pretty bad when I am wanting one eyed Kuemper back into the net.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Story of the year. Georgiev throwing the puck out of play. Something that happens almost every game where players throw pucks into the crowd. Intentional or not, just like when a player throws it out of play unintentionally trying to clear the puck, do we know for sure that Georgiev was trying to throw it over glass or it was an accident?

Ham Fist

Feb 6, 2014
Boulder
lol that’s it?

i dislike him quite a bit but that was really nothing. slapping your own defenseman with your stick cause you’re unhappy with them is far worse so at least he didn’t do that again.

Reactions: LeonDraisaitl

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Yup, literally nothing. Players break their sticks smashing the goalpost and fire the puck when it pops back out all the time. He just happened to have bad luck on it unintentionally getting away from him.

Hey George, if you wanna not get frustrated, stop a puck once in a while lol.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
the only thing that matters about this story/thread is that he was benched, and annunen shut the door

Bednars expression/body language after pulling him said a lot imo. Would not be entirely surprised if justus gets a clear shot at taking over before the playoff run

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad