George Parros

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Is Parros the worst fighter among the goons in Habs jersey ?
Btw, Kostopolous, Komisarek and White aren't a real goon.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Is Parros the worst fighter among the goons in Habs jersey ?
Btw, Kostopolous, Komisarek and White aren't a real goon.
He looks like he has retired already. Some of the other stuff this year finished him off, looks like. Or maybe he was already like that before we got him, I don't know. But now, there's really no reason to put him out there, not even if you need an enforcer. You're almost just endangering his health, really, since he'll still go, but he's just putting himself at risk by not really being into it anymore. :dunno:

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
He looks like he has retired already. Some of the other stuff this year finished him off, looks like. Or maybe he was already like that before we got him, I don't know. But now, there's really no reason to put him out there, not even if you need an enforcer. You're almost just endangering his health, really, since he'll still go, but he's just putting himself at risk by not really being into it anymore. :dunno:

He wouldn't have fought yesterday if he was thinking of retiring. Obviously wants to play another year but hopefully not with Montreal.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's like the team is shorthanded when he is on the ice. He is completely useless. I have to assume MT wouldn't even think of playing him during the playoffs.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Even if we face Bruins in PO, and they play very mean, I don't want to see Parros dressed. I really hope that yesterday was his last game with Habs.

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
Parros is best used to fight against the goons on non-competitive teams. Against those teams, you can play 11 Forwards and not get tired. Those games tend to also be low intensity where a fight would bring life and an injury disastrous... hence the goon role.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Parros is best used to fight against the goons on non-competitive teams. Against those teams, you can play 11 Forwards and not get tired. Those games tend to also be low intensity where a fight would bring life and an injury disastrous... hence the goon role.
Non-competitive teams like the Bridgeport Sound Islanders last night, I guess? :dunno:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Parros is best used in the pressbox. That's it. He's done and has been done for quite a while.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Nobody has to fight him. He's a scrub.

Brett Gallant is a fighter. Always has been. He would have goaded someone into a scrap, no question in my mind. And if that's gonna happen, let it be Parros.

Last night, with how awful they played, having had someone else playing in place of Parros wouldn't have added anything at all.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Brett Gallant is a fighter. Always has been. He would have goaded someone into a scrap, no question in my mind. And if that's gonna happen, let it be Parros.

Last night, with how awful they played, having had someone else playing in place of Parros wouldn't have added anything at all.

So let's ice bad players on the off chance that the entire team might not show up anyway? Fantastic logic.

And no, nobody on the current habs lineup (outside of parros) would have obliged Gallant. Nobody. They would have laughed in his face and gone about their business.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
So let's ice bad players on the off chance that the entire team might not show up anyway? Fantastic logic.

And no, nobody on the current habs lineup (outside of parros) would have obliged Gallant. Nobody. They would have laughed in his face and gone about their business.

That's a ridiculous comment, overlords - my comment on dressing Parros was in retrospect, and it's correct - wouldn't have made any difference last night, the whole team sucked save for Price.

I don't agree that nobody would have obliged Gallant. I dont know how you can be so sure nobody other than Parros would have.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Gallant might have destroyed Murray with his fists if he hadn't already fought Parros earlier. Our scrubs protect each each other.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
That's a ridiculous comment, overlords - my comment on dressing Parros was in retrospect, and it's correct - wouldn't have made any difference last night, the whole team sucked save for Price.

I don't agree that nobody would have obliged Gallant. I dont know how you can be so sure nobody other than Parros would have.

Your comment was worthless. It's a completely unverifiable claim. I can just as easily say that had Parros not played, we would have played 10x better. Would I bet any money on it? Of course not, but weirder things in hockey have happened than some kid playing over a scrub and riding the adrenaline to an explosive start.

I completely forgot about Murray. Partly because he's almost as irrelevant as Parros in the sphere of hockey playing, and partly because he took himself out of the game on his own. He might have fought Gallant, I guess. But it's curious that you can be so certain that replacing Parros would have had no effect, yet so willing to accept any number of situations involving Gallant fighting anyone else on our team. Hell, the guy could have pulled a shiv on Gallagher had Parros not been there :sarcasm:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Gallant may be a fighter, but he's still 6' 185 lbs. I expected Parros to do better than that.

I agree but as with the rest of the Habs, neither fighter had anything to prove during one of the last games of the year and Parros has with no contract coming off a concussion. Why go all in and risk your career?

It was what it was.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I was cringing the whole fight yesterday. This guy needs to retire from his hockey career or something, he is really going to hurt himself or someone is going to hurt him even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad