George Parros

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
How is this player still employed in the nhl?

He plays like 2 minutes a game, every five games and it's always a ****ing ride. By far one of the most useless players I have ever seen wear a habs uniform.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Can't fight. Can't play. Is a -6 and is a terrible player. Should not see any more ice time for the rest of the year... but for some reason Therrien uses him.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Can't believe it's that hard to find at least an average 4th liner... Wake up MB, you shouldn't let nuisances cost your team goals against after goals against in such a tight league.

habs999

Jan 19, 2014
I'd rather play 4 on 5 than having Parros out there... completely useless

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
He's a good guy.....that's it, that's all I have. Pretty sure this will be his last year in the league.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's a great guy off the ice, but he's just an awful player who adds no value to this team and shouldn't be on a NHL roster.

Can't wait until White is back so this plug doesn't have to play anymore.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
C'mon guys...Parros is there because thugs who sucker punched Bourque last year (Colton Orr) and other thugs like McLAren bullied Gorges...are still there.

Parros is just there against teams like Leafs and Bruins 'cause they dress so many goons.

Anyone notice how Emelin looked like a novice dman VS Kadri?
(talk about that!!:sarcasm::cry:).

Nittanen was a waste of a callup, no? (if it were up to me...I would have benched Bourque last Tuesday to hopefully wake him up and play him against the Leafs ...we needed Bourque's size and 15-18min. VS the Leafs...hopefully the playoff-Bourque, not the floater).

The only players who can push the bullies away from our skilled players (PK Subban, Pacioretty,etc) are Parros and Murray.

As long as Chara, Neil, Lucic, Orr, Shawn Thornton, John Scott are all there...we need Parros and Murray (especially VS the teams that have those players, so...it's not every game). If /Orr plays 5 min...Parros will also play 4-5min. As simple as that. I don't ever want to see Orr sucker punch Subban (I recently saw Parros pushing Orr away from Subban...:handclap:. Orr was really trying to bully and get something going with Subban).

We haven't been bullied/beaten up this year:amazed:, imo, and I give credit to Parros and Murray...:handclap:

Cheers

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
He's a great guy off the ice, but he's just an awful player who adds no value to this team and shouldn't be on a NHL roster.

Can't wait until White is back so this plug doesn't have to play anymore.

I'm a huge Ryan ''old-school'' White fan, but...he cannot take the heavyweights like Parros can (ex: Orr).

Still...I can't wait for White to be back with his energy and for his hard work on the PK.

When a thug like Orr is dressed for 4-5 minutes...we need Parros out there for 4-5min. to push Orr away from our Subban and other skilled players.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
C'mon guys...Parros is there because thugs who sucker punched Bourque last year (Colton Orr) and other thugs like McLAren bullied Gorges...are still there.

Parros is just there against teams like Leafs and Bruins 'cause they dress so many goons.

Nittanen was a waste of a callup, no? (if it were up to me...I would have benched Bourque last Tuesday to hopefully wake him up and play him against the Leafs ...we needed Bourque's size and 15-18min. VS the Leafs...hopefully the playoff-Bourque, not the floater).

The only players who can push the bullies away from our skilled players (PK Subban, Pacioretty,etc) are Parros and Murray.

As long as Chara, Neil, Lucic, Orr, Shawn Thornton, John Scott are all there...we need Parros and Murray (especially VS the teams that have those players, so...it's not every game). If /Orr plays 5 min...Parros will also play 4-5min. As simple as that. I don't ever want to see Orr sucker punch Subban (I recently saw Parros pushing Orr away from Subban...:handclap:. Orr was really trying to bully and get something going with Subban).

We haven't been bullied/beaten up this year:amazed:, imo, and I give credit to Parros and Murray...:handclap:

Cheers

Maybe it's the way I see the games but I think you're overestimating his value. It seems more logical to take PK off the ice when Orr is on than to put Parros on because his presence cuts down on both the O and D.

JeanGuy Drouin

Jan 18, 2014
The Habs organization needs to grow their own tough guy trough drafting/free agent signing of young players of this kind.

They always go searching for some old, already established enforcers in waiting for the commotion that will end their careers.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Worst player I've ever seen in terms of positioning in the defensive zone, completely clueless of what he's doing and absolutely useless. It's pretty much a 4 on 5 every time he's on the ice and the play is in our end. He does serve a purpose but holy **** is he a bad hockey player.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Seems like a really cool guy but man, he's pretty bad at this hockey stuff.

I don't like playing our token goons against the Bruins/Leafs/Sabres because you're just playing into their hands. The Bruins team toughness didn't stop John Scott from taking a run at Eriksson, but we're supposed to believe George Parros' 3 minutes a game is going to instill fear in Scott/Orr/Chara? It just seems silly to me, the Habs can be a clearly better team than the Leafs and it's stupid to deliberately make your team worse (we're basically down a forward when Parros is in the lineup, and we essentially had 10 forwards last night with Nattinen not playing more than 2 minutes). I'd rather just be able to roll 4 lines, dressing a token goon doesn't turn the Habs into the Bruins, and to try to match teams like the Leafs on gooning is just stupid.

Let Carlyle dress McLaren, Orr, and Fraser every game, and we can stop dressing Parros and Murray every game. Maybe Moen or Prust will lose a fight or two but those 3 regulars in the Leafs lineup are total pylons and we'd essentially be playing 18 vs 15 skaters. Let other teams play useless pylons, we don't need to dress them ourselves.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom

Cheers

Honestly, I think you're right, and just the fact that we have a guy who can beat people up if need be helps us. You're right that we haven't been beaten up this year. We wouldn't end up in a brawl like we did with Boston a few years ago, and if we did we wouldn't get our ***** kicked again.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Good guy, had a pretty nice career by goon standards...but he's finished, and considering he was never very good at hockey to begin with, at this point he's a liability as a player and will intimidate nobody, especially considering he's a headshot away from serious trouble.

I wish he would just retire, because apparently Therrien can only judge players based on their role on paper and not based on what is right in front of him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He's probably better than his post concussion games indicate but he's just not getting it done. When he started the year he was pretty good.

Either way, playing him vs other teams offensive lines is pretty insane. It would be a lot easier if he faced other 4th lines.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo

Cheers

Well said. Some guys here do not seem to be able to see the big picture because they are always nit picking.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Seems like a really cool guy but man, he's pretty bad at this hockey stuff.

I don't like playing our token goons against the Bruins/Leafs/Sabres because you're just playing into their hands. The Bruins team toughness didn't stop John Scott from taking a run at Eriksson, but we're supposed to believe George Parros' 3 minutes a game is going to instill fear in Scott/Orr/Chara? It just seems silly to me, the Habs can be a clearly better team than the Leafs and it's stupid to deliberately make your team worse (we're basically down a forward when Parros is in the lineup, and we essentially had 10 forwards last night with Nattinen not playing more than 2 minutes). I'd rather just be able to roll 4 lines, dressing a token goon doesn't turn the Habs into the Bruins, and to try to match teams like the Leafs on gooning is just stupid.

Let Carlyle dress McLaren, Orr, and Fraser every game, and we can stop dressing Parros and Murray every game. Maybe Moen or Prust will lose a fight or two but those 3 regulars in the Leafs lineup are total pylons and we'd essentially be playing 18 vs 15 skaters. Let other teams play useless pylons, we don't need to dress them ourselves.

Lol, it's not your face getting pounded for the team. How would you like to be pounded by a guy 45 pounds heavier than you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad