Geno: What is he worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Please, let me be the first to say and say convincingly that I do NOT think Malkin should be traded or will be, but if one of the two superstars hypothetically speaking would be moved it would be Geno. Sid is never getting traded unless he expressly asked for it.

With that being said, and i've seen it floated here on this very board by people....what is his value if we offered him up to teams from the end of the year to draft day? What is an acceptable return if were the Pens (and by that i mean taking morons like Mario, Ron and good ole JR out of the equation)?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
All of it.
kBSnyHk.gif

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Shea Weber

As much as I like Weber this is a unilateral move at best. Trade Malkin and put Sutter as the 2nd line center? I seriously doubt Weber being on our blue line makes up the goal difference with the loss of Geno. No thanks.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
I don't think he could be traded for another offense.

Subban + 1st round 2016 + conditional 1st round 2017? That's just a shot in the dark though. I'm really bad at determining player value.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Genocide is worth more than we could get in a trade. No Movement clause really complicates things.

And you win Cups with guys like Malkin, but unfortunately not Sid. Would be a crazy stupid move IMO.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Genocide is worth more than we could get in a trade. No Movement clause really complicates things.

And you win Cups with guys like Malkin, but unfortunately not Sid. Would be a crazy stupid move IMO.

Geno shouldn't (and won't) be moved but this is a ridiculous comment.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My buddy texted me saying the Penguins should "take" the offer from Boston that he saw. I was like "What offer?" and he said Bergeron and more. I was like wait, what? No.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union

Are you serious?? Sid was the one who was very good vs the Rangers by the way...

As for Malkin, I think that we have to be very precise with his linemates. He needs to trust them and then he´s having fun, playing well. When he doesn´t trust them, it sometimes looks like he doesn´t even care... I´m all for bringing him a Russian (Panarin/Tikhonov). Make Geno happy again. Profit.

Btw I liked how he apologized to the fans and to the teammates for his playoffs performance. He´s a honest guy playing for a terrible organization. That said, he can´t have another playoffs like this one. I will give him a pass for a moment because we were going nowhere anyway, but this kind of thing just can´t repeat anymore.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Geno shouldn't (and won't) be moved but this is a ridiculous comment.

Well let's remmeber Malkin would either need to ask to be moved or they would need to ask him. Look at that situation in San Jose and how uncomfortable that is, Joe really doesn't want to leave and they wanted him to and to make him go they stripped him of the C and now he bad mouths his GM and its freaking hilarious.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'd be open to trading Geno for the right deal, with the way hockey is now i think having 3 really good players is more valuable to a team then having 1 superstar.

Were in a league right now where the leading scorers can't get 90 points, and we see superstar players getting shutdown or limited by good teams in the playoffs.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Let's also not forget that we most likely aren't dealing him to an Eastern Conference team. That would be quite stupid IMO if indeed he would get dealt.

I'd think an up and coming team that wanted a big time star to add as a "final" piece to push them as serious Cup contender would make sense. Calgary has Monahan and Bennett, we'd obviously need one back in return + a good bit more (think picks/players combo).

Vancouver is another team. Not sure if a team in turmoil like San Jose would work. Anaheim, but they already have Getzlaf and two big contracts.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Let's also not forget that we most likely aren't dealing him to an Eastern Conference team. That would be quite stupid IMO if indeed he would get dealt.

I'd think an up and coming team that wanted a big time star to add as a "final" piece to push them as serious Cup contender would make sense. Calgary has Monahan and Bennett, we'd obviously need one back in return + a good bit more (think picks/players combo).

Vancouver is another team. Not sure if a team in turmoil like San Jose would work. Anaheim, but they already have Getzlaf and two big contracts.

Problem with your team picks is that it isn't up to the Pens. If he were traded it would be all up to Geno as to where he goes.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm legitimately concerned that they're going to do something stupid like trade Malkin.

Past offseasons I would've just rolled my eyes and laughed it off, but with the way things are going...

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'm legitimately concerned that they're going to do something stupid like trade Malkin.

Past offseasons I would've just rolled my eyes and laughed it off, but with the way things are going...

Ok your seriously scaring me now....

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd be open to trading Geno for the right deal, with the way hockey is now i think having 3 really good players is more valuable to a team then having 1 superstar.

Were in a league right now where the leading scorers can't get 90 points, and we see superstar players getting shutdown or limited by good teams in the playoffs.

If we could get an elite #2C and an elite 1st line LW for Sid, sure, I'd be all for it. But that's not realistic. No team would gut their forward group that much.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
don't know about that, but we'd have the best player in the world.

if they trade Geno I quit... pretty simple...

It's a reference to something Laviolette said:

When the best player in the world comes up to you and tells you, 'I don't know who you're planning on starting tonight, but I want that first shift', that says everything you need to know about Claude Giroux right there.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/4/23/2968771/flyers-penguins-game-6-claude-giroux-quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino