Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Boys gave it their all to win that series last year. Maybe the extra rest from an early exit will help them next season after the long run last year.

I bet some extra extended tee time helps with the mental and physical drain too...:sarcasm:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I can't forgive Mitch for this.

Willy and AM34 are both clearly sick/injured.

Mitch has no excuse. He has the talent to put this team on his shoulders and win this series and he's just completely crapped the bed. Shame on him.

I don't want to see him in a Leafs uniform after this.

Yeah agreed. I think it’s also a sign of how broken the Marner-Leafs relationship is that he still managed to assist on the Knies goal, score the lone one tonight and it’s still too little too late just by his complete failure on the PP and complete lack of maturity.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I can't forgive Mitch for this.

Willy and AM34 are both clearly sick/injured.

Mitch has no excuse. He has the talent to put this team on his shoulders and win this series and he's just completely crapped the bed. Shame on him.

I don't want to see him in a Leafs uniform after this.
I got no problem with 34, we all agree on that right? He’s out game 3 & 4 obviously f***ed up, to the point the doc has to intervene. After that game 2 performance. Love that guy.

Marner was finally good for two periods. But it’s not enough. He has 1 to 3 games left to make his case to stick around.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I got no problem with 34, we all agree on that right? He’s out game 3 & 4 obviously f***ed up, to the point the doc has to intervene. After that game 2 performance. Love that guy.

Marner was finally good for two periods. But it’s not enough. He has 1 to 3 games left to make his case to stick around.
Marner is a straight cancer.

GTFO. We need your cap space

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
While not necessarily defending Bertuzzi or endorsing a return, you do realize that putrid Bertuzzi is tied for 1st in Leafs playoffs scoring after 4 games with 3 points.

Everything that is going wrong is happening above his pay grade.
Pretty much. You can win with Bert as your 3rd or 4th best forward earning 6M. You can't win with Marner and JT as two of your top 4 forwards warning 11M.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Except he didn't f*** over the Islanders by leaving them. He did them a huge favor in the long run. Cap space is an asset and he was the definition of diminishing returns.
He did to the extent that he prevented them from getting assets for him in a trade.

But they did get cap space, and they could have traded him despite his claims that he would re-sign there.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
While not necessarily defending Bertuzzi or endorsing a return, you do realize that putrid Bertuzzi is tied for 1st in Leafs playoffs scoring after 4 games with 3 points.

Everything is happening.

The BwO is not frigging done honouring Bob “the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be” frigging Cole.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah agreed. I think it’s also a sign of how broken the Marner-Leafs relationship is that he still managed to assist on the Knies goal, score the lone one tonight and it’s still too little too late just by his complete failure on the PP and complete lack of maturity.
1. Is the goal MM redeemed him from his play before that?
2. To me it is not MM talents but he just doesn’t have the mental fortitude to lead any team.
Partly that’s on the Leafs for never having strong good vets to lead AM, Willie and MM. Partly due to the maturity of our guys. It seemed like they really have not changed the way they play in the playoffs. How can Reilly still not develop a slapper? How can MM still not develop any shots? We all saw what Willie can do but how come he can’t bring it more often? AM can literally take over a game, but he needs to do that more often?

I know Willie just got back and AM seemed to be bother by something since Game 2 but if AM let Coyle to outplay him, that’s no excuse bc AM at 60% is still better than Coyle.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I just looked up average lifespan of a Canadian male. It says 82.6 so odds are I can only be tortured for 28 more seasons.

67 was 3 years before I was born.

This is...simultaneously depressing and uplifting?

Marner is a straight cancer.

GTFO. We need your cap space

Yep.

I only barely care about the return. Turning the page is more important.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I would gladly sign both Domi and Bert back and play with AM next season and beyond. Bc both of them combine salary is less than 9mil plus they can play the playoff style.

Reactions: ruaware41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad