Geno: What is he worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm legitimately concerned that they're going to do something stupid like trade Malkin.

Past offseasons I would've just rolled my eyes and laughed it off, but with the way things are going...

I feel sick to my stomach now. I don't know why but it's just the idea of moving Malkin that makes me feel that way, when I think about Crosby being moved, I don't feel as angry about it. Weird.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know, which is why I said we'd have the best player in the world...

According to Wayne Gretzky, there are about a dozen best players in the world and we'll see which one he claims to be the next best next year. Janet and Rick are taking odds on which player, I have $60 on my guy, I won't say who...I need the dolla dolla bills yo.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If we could get an elite #2C and an elite 1st line LW for Sid, sure, I'd be all for it. But that's not realistic. No team would gut their forward group that much.

If you can't get 3 really good players for Geno then i wouldn't trade him.

If the pens ever did think about trading Geno i could see Nashville being a fit.

They could use a number 1 center, i could see Geno waiving his NMC to play with his BFF, and they have pieces like Forsberg and Jones that could make it happen.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Are you serious?? Sid was the one who was very good vs the Rangers by the way...

As for Malkin, I think that we have to be very precise with his linemates. He needs to trust them and then he´s having fun, playing well. When he doesn´t trust them, it sometimes looks like he doesn´t even care... I´m all for bringing him a Russian (Panarin/Tikhonov). Make Geno happy again. Profit.

Btw I liked how he apologized to the fans and to the teammates for his playoffs performance. He´s a honest guy playing for a terrible organization. That said, he can´t have another playoffs like this one. I will give him a pass for a moment because we were going nowhere anyway, but this kind of thing just can´t repeat anymore.

Sid is just not made for Dead Puck era 2 hockey, not after all those injuries..When healthy and not shackled with poor teamates, Geno can still completely take over a game.

Honestly I am shocked fans on this board, the most knowledgeables Pens fans around can so easily dismiss how seriously injured Geno has been late this season. He never got healthy, and it was very obvious the guy was struggling just to skate.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Sid is just not made for Dead Puck era 2 hockey, not after all those injuries..When healthy and not shackled with poor teamates, Geno can still completely take over a game.

Honestly I am shocked fans on this board, the most knowledgeables Pens fans around can so easily dismiss how seriously injured Geno has been late this season. He never got healthy, and it was very obvious the guy was struggling just to skate.

If not for Geno coming back to play during that west coast trip injured I doubt we are even talking about the playoffs. I think when the time comes we will be very surprised at what he was dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad