Post-Game Talk: Geno and Kessel runnin' wild on Zona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
Kessel, Geno, and Schultz all played great. It's hard to get too excited though, when the power plays were what, 6 to 1 us? And we only scored three against the worst team in the league, coming into the second of a back to back, in our home?

I am happy we won, but a 7 0 statement game would have been nice just to pad some players stats and get their confidence going. Guys like Sid, Hags, Jake, Sheahan, etc could use a confidence boosting goal or two.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Things I care about:

- Letang having a good game
- Winning

Things I don't care about

- Whether this team has a killer instinct in November
- Whether Sid cares about hockey in November

As such, I'm happy reading this thread. It would have been nice to run wild and maybe pump up people's confidence a bit, but there we go. Base level of happiness achieved.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I really liked the GMK line.

I seriously don't know what is wrong with Crosby, it's like he's playing a completely different game than everyone else on the roster.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I only saw the third, but there were a few times where they looked like the 2016 team breaking out of their own zone.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I lol'd at JG smashing his stick on the boards after missing a great chance

Glad team won. Geno and Kess are crazy right now.

Maybe the team can build off this..even though it wasn't an out and out impressive showing.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Zona zona zona

tumblr_os35hfgTve1veblkso1_500.jpg

Reactions: LiquorLicense

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I thought Hagelin was really good. Would have been nice to see him pot one. I’m not worried about Sid. He will elevate his compete level when he has to. Nice to also see Letang have a solid if unspectacular game. I only noticed one bad turnover, and he recovered to make the play.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
There is no need to worry about the Pens at this point of the season. Every team that they play against has the Pens circled on their schedule. Everyone wants to beat the best team in hockey the past 2 years. History has shown that the teams who play hard all season fizzle in the playoffs. Just ask the Capitals, Predators, or Jackets. All the Pens have to do is to make the playoffs. Considering the brutal schedule, the number of games they have played the past 2 years, and the fact that every team they play wants to beat them, they are doing well enough.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The last coach played a system that most of the players hated Crosby has expectations from the media to put big numbers once they start crapping on him because he's not .. The power play will run through Crosby again and it should .. Watch for it because the change is coming soon Sullivan knows he cant lose Crosby

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you are talking about. The PP has had the same set up since Sullivan has been here and they won 2 cups with it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
My concern isn't with Sid. He will work through it like he always does and come back stronger. My concern is for the players that look like they might never score a goal again (Hagelin and Sheahan). Hell, even Rust only has 1 goal on the season, but he produced early with Crosby.

Going back to last year, Hagelin has 7 goals in his last 77 games. Sheahan has 2 in his last 96 games. Add in Rust with 1 in 17 this year plus the 4th line and we have some issues later this year if these guys don't find the back of the net and soon.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
My concern isn't with Sid. He will work through it like he always does and come back stronger. My concern is for the players that look like they might never score a goal again (Hagelin and Sheahan). Hell, even Rust only has 1 goal on the season, but he produced early with Crosby.

Going back to last year, Hagelin has 7 goals in his last 77 games. Sheahan has 2 in his last 96 games. Add in Rust with 1 in 17 this year plus the 4th line and we have some issues later this year if these guys don't find the back of the net and soon.
I am glad you mentioned Rust, he is playing really well, but not scoring, same thing with Hags, last night he was very agressive trying to shoot at any opportunity, but I am really bummed that people don't see how good his game is right now, the points will come, someone on his line will start producing...if Hags is our main problem we are golden!

and of course, none of us really care about Sid's sort of slumping...Once I realized he won't be in race for the Art Ross or Hart, could care less if he doesn't get up for every game...

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Sheahan should be good for the final game of the season, at least. Dead horse, I know...

I watch a lot of Wings games as I live there and my wife is a fan, going back a couple years he certainly has the potential to do more. The team as a whole isn't producing too well and I don't expect him to be the outlier at all. Hopefully he won't be a problem by simply being out there, which is a good first step.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I am glad you mentioned Rust, he is playing really well, but not scoring, same thing with Hags, last night he was very agressive trying to shoot at any opportunity, but I am really bummed that people don't see how good his game is right now, the points will come, someone on his line will start producing...if Hags is our main problem we are golden!

Right or wrong, for 4MM a year, I expect some level of offensive production. He needs to get it going. I'm just not sure putting 3 guys together that can't score of late is the right way to get there. Of course, when the whole team is struggling with 5 on 5 offense, you have to put together some combos that can score.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Right or wrong, for 4MM a year, I expect some level of offensive production. He needs to get it going. I'm just not sure putting 3 guys together that can't score of late is the right way to get there. Of course, when the whole team is struggling with 5 on 5 offense, you have to put together some combos that can score.
this and that...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sheahan should be good for the final game of the season, at least. Dead horse, I know...

I watch a lot of Wings games as I live there and my wife is a fan, going back a couple years he certainly has the potential to do more. The team as a whole isn't producing too well and I don't expect him to be the outlier at all. Hopefully he won't be a problem by simply being out there, which is a good first step.
last night he could have had 3 points with just a little bit of luck...I know shouldaa....but I was really criticizing him up until last two games, since then he looked better,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad