OT: General Video Game Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Quitters have been a problem in online games for years.

Winning in Mario Kart DS? Opponent quits.

Narrowly defeating your Starcraft 2 Opponent? He quits.

Etc, etc. Quitters make the online experience worse for everyone.

For the record, I was an amazing snaker in Mario Kart DS. Beat a guy that was like 106-0 in a 3-player round once. :naughty:

Definitely got disconnected on a lot.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Snaking in Mario Kart DS made my hands cramp the **** up after only a few minutes.

But it was damn effective if you could pull it off with any consistency.

Now, snaking in F-Zero GX is just total ********.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Gamestop said I'd get almost $20 for trading in FIFA 15, assuming I also buy FIFA 16. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow after work.

I think this will be the best FIFA ever. The demo played beautifully.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Gamestop said I'd get almost $20 for trading in FIFA 15, assuming I also buy FIFA 16. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow after work.

I think this will be the best FIFA ever. The demo played beautifully.

Spent all day playing it. Amazing game. I tried to play legendary.....never again. Bournemouth was passing it around like they were Barcelona. I did find some good professional sliders though.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
New games seem to depreciate faster than new cars. I typically buy a game once it's on sale for $30-40, if not $20ish, depending on how much I want it. Have only ever sold a few games. With what Gamestop and the like offers you once you're done playing, it just makes more sense to hold onto them. I end up wanting to play old games every now and then anyhow.

Surprisingly, my favorite feature of the X1 so far has been the 1TB of storage space with HDD capability to download games and store games. Never did that on the 360 except for Games with Gold. With how easy it is to switch back and forth between apps on the X1, it's nice not having a case that'll just take up space or having to get up to switch games, lol.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I always unload outdated versions of sports games when I buy the new one. Sucks when it's only like 5 bucks, but I'm never gonna play it again, so I'd rather have a 5 dollar bill than just let it sit there and collect dust.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Anyone here ever play the X series of space sims?

Now that I've got all my scripts for my throttle and joystick the way I want them, I'm itching to find new space sims to play.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So who plays HUT? I tried a little bit in one of the previous games, but I found the only effective way to improve my team was through auctions, as packs were worthless. But then I was running into the problem of never having any contracts, so I had to change out players all the time and try to get something back from selling them. The only reason I kept playing was finding the glitch that let you play with expired contracts on the 360 versions.

Now I'm considering it again with '16, though I'm just not sure if it's worth it with the contract hassle. Any tips/thoughts?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
So who plays HUT? I tried a little bit in one of the previous games, but I found the only effective way to improve my team was through auctions, as packs were worthless. But then I was running into the problem of never having any contracts, so I had to change out players all the time and try to get something back from selling them. The only reason I kept playing was finding the glitch that let you play with expired contracts on the 360 versions.

Now I'm considering it again with '16, though I'm just not sure if it's worth it with the contract hassle. Any tips/thoughts?

I do but it isn't my favorite game mode. You can buy contracts in the auction house for very few coins.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I do but it isn't my favorite game mode. You can buy contracts in the auction house for very few coins.

In '15 for 360, they sold for like 500 coins each, which is not very few when you have no real way of making big money.

Another question about this - I got 1 pack for the returning player bonus, but I can't use them in my lineup? I didn't see any way to do anything other than 'add to collection' when I opened it, and now I can't take them out of my collection to actually use them? I'm so confused right now.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
In '15 for 360, they sold for like 500 coins each, which is not very few when you have no real way of making big money.

Another question about this - I got 1 pack for the returning player bonus, but I can't use them in my lineup? I didn't see any way to do anything other than 'add to collection' when I opened it, and now I can't take them out of my collection to actually use them? I'm so confused right now.

If they are in your collection then you are able to use them.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Literally took me more than half an hour to find how to do it. The UI is BRUTAL and the menus are SLOW.

Agreed. The menus are really clunky. Small gripe but it's happened often enough to be pretty annoying: The menus will finish loading, I'll wait a second and click my option. Knowing that it will take a small amount of time to register what I clicked and to then load the selection, I've gotten stuck staring at my TV for what seems like 20 seconds at a time before I realize that it didn't recognize that I pushed anything. So now when it says it's done loading I make sure to wait a good 10 seconds before I click anything. First world problem, absolutely.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Agreed. The menus are really clunky. Small gripe but it's happened often enough to be pretty annoying: The menus will finish loading, I'll wait a second and click my option. Knowing that it will take a small amount of time to register what I clicked and to then load the selection, I've gotten stuck staring at my TV for what seems like 20 seconds at a time before I realize that it didn't recognize that I pushed anything. So now when it says it's done loading I make sure to wait a good 10 seconds before I click anything. First world problem, absolutely.

Yup, I've already done this plenty of times. Sometimes have to hit a button three or four times before it registers.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

Yup, I've already done this plenty of times. Sometimes have to hit a button three or four times before it registers.

Yes for sure. I have tried to put players on auction in HUT in when I select the auction price and want to click Enter (or whatever it says to place on auction,) it has frozen on me multiple times to where I need to restart the game. On the X1, it is simple to do that but annoying none the less.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Same when you have to change up your lines...takes forever. If a guy gets injured I aboslutely dread going in there to replace them on the lines.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If anyone's got FIFA 16 on XB1 and wants to play this weekend, let me know. I may be going to the Gopher football game tomorrow, but outside of that, I plan on bunkering down and playing FIFA a ton this weekend :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad