OT: General Video Game Discussion IX

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The rouge class looks like something I might take 3-5 levels of to compliment another class (fighter or ranger come to mind) in a multiclass build for a video game.

It's a decent class for a tabletop game, if you're a creative "lets see what happens if I do this" type of player. I mean nobody knows what to do when the rouge decides midbattle to sneak in a steal the giant's loincloth then runs away holding it like a flag in the wind.
Love this. This is why rogue and illusionist (or sorcerer with subtle spell) are my favorites.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I’m thoroughly enjoying Dave the Diver. It’s got a cool style and funny jokes. Also, deeper than I was expecting. In addition to the diving aspect of the game, you do restaurant management, farming, and fish breeding. (for sushi bar ingredients) The main story is interesting enough, and there are tons of side quests and weapon/equipment upgrades to keep me interested.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just 100% completed (rare thing for me) "Hundred Days." It's nothing special, small, turn based, indie game, where you are a wine maker. I tried it on a whim when going though the PS+ catalog. The main story was okay, but I really enjoyed the challenges.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
jingle jam games list

It's a $45 bundle for Steam games, Sapiens is the only game I've been wanting. Lots of indie games I've never heard of.

TABS, Xenonauts, Homeworld, and Battlestar Galatia games are the ones that caught my eye at first glance. Anyone play any of these games?

Reactions: Minnesota

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
jingle jam games list

It's a $45 bundle for Steam games, Sapiens is the only game I've been wanting. Lots of indie games I've never heard of.

TABS, Xenonauts, Homeworld, and Battlestar Galatia games are the ones that caught my eye at first glance. Anyone play any of these games?
Homeworld is fantastic, if you're in to complicated strategy games. It's a classic

Reactions: Wabit

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I am absolutely loving Cyberpunk. One things been bugging me though. Why did they choose to go 1st person? More and more this feels like a relic of old ass game design. I know "immersion" will be the standard argument, but im less immersed with first person. Outside of straight FPS games in the vein of COD and battlefield I just don't get it. Cyberpunk with the 3rd person playstyle of The Last of Us, Horizon, MGS would have rocked. Maybe just me, IDK

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Loving it so much, in fact, that I'll probably continue to play even though the Wild start in about 15 minutes. Stupid 9 pm start

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I am absolutely loving Cyberpunk. One things been bugging me though. Why did they choose to go 1st person? More and more this feels like a relic of old ass game design. I know "immersion" will be the standard argument, but im less immersed with first person. Outside of straight FPS games in the vein of COD and battlefield I just don't get it. Cyberpunk with the 3rd person playstyle of The Last of Us, Horizon, MGS would have rocked. Maybe just me, IDK

Correct me if I'm wrong, been a while since I played, did the Witcher 3 have a toggle between 1P and 3P? Or was it just 3P? Either way, a lot of games offer a toggle so I'm not sure why everyone doesn't at this point. It's a relatively simple feature that makes a massive difference for some people.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Correct me if I'm wrong, been a while since I played, did the Witcher 3 have a toggle between 1P and 3P? Or was it just 3P? Either way, a lot of games offer a toggle so I'm not sure why everyone doesn't at this point. It's a relatively simple feature that makes a massive difference for some people.
Witcher was strictly 3rd person. Which makes the decision to make Cyberpunk strictly 1st person even more strange. I will say that when the game gives you the option of 1st and 3rd person neither options are really great (looking at you elder scrolls and fallout). So I guess I'm glad they choose 1... just wish they would have choose the other.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Half played? What??? How the heck is that a game that you only half play!!
Honestly? I was playing it right before Cyberpunk came out, then I played Cyberpunk (RPGs are more my genre), and then I started my YouTube channel and had my first kid literally within a week of each other. For a solid year and a half I didn't have time to play ANY games. Then I quit YouTube, but had Pathfinder: WotR, Outer Wilds, and Hades to play. Then I had another kid, BG3 came out, I started a business degree, work full time, and that's the state of things now. Can't even finish BG3 for all the bullshit I have to deal with on a daily basis. I don't have time for Senua's bullshit too.
Get a therapist, girl!

I'm not sure if that required spoiler tags, but better safe than sorry.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It also broached some themes that were very fresh from a recently ended long term relationship. Probably a big reason I didn't want to play. Lol. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
Sometimes that's what's needed. A different you means a different experience. If you've got the time for it, I'd say give it a shot.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Sometimes that's what's needed. A different you means a different experience. If you've got the time for it, I'd say give it a shot.
Maybe. She wasn't seeing imaginary undead warriors, for sure... but mental illness is scary stuff. Might give it another shot one of these days.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It absolutely should've been 3rd person

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I usually completely avoid 1st person games, Cyberpunk was one of the rare exceptions. What really was weird for me with the game is they have the options the char creation and clothing styles but you don't get to see it while you're playing the game.

I enjoyed the game, but haven't bought the expansion because I can only take so much 1st person pov in a game.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It absolutely should've been 3rd person
I usually completely avoid 1st person games, Cyberpunk was one of the rare exceptions. What really was weird for me with the game is they have the options the char creation and clothing styles but you don't get to see it while you're playing the game.

I enjoyed the game, but haven't bought the expansion because I can only take so much 1st person pov in a game.
All this complaining about 1st person when there's a 3rd person mode built into the game. Just never, for any reason, ever get off your motorcycle.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

But you CAN look in the mirrors and make faces. So, there's that.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Jeeeeeeeeez. Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader is released now. I have so many games to play and not nearly enough time.

Reactions: BagHead

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
All this complaining about 1st person when there's a 3rd person mode built into the game. Just never, for any reason, ever get off your motorcycle.
If you do, try to do everything in front of mirrors... oh wait, you have to activate mirrors in this game... :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad