OT: General Video Game Discussion IX

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Is there a decent story that goes along with Returnal? Other than Hades, I am not a fan of roguelite games at all..

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Finally jumping into Call of Duty when the game is damn near a year old is definitely a challenge. lol

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Finally jumping into Call of Duty when the game is damn near a year old is definitely a challenge. lol

Ugh. I bought the newer one a few months after it came out. Largely because I was playing the ever loving crap out the one prior to that. What an absolutely atrocious multi-player and overall feel for the game. It felt like something for the original Xbox than it did for the XBONE

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
What's the point of online gaming when that is such a common result?
well its not really their fault i waited 2 years to start the game is it? it happened 1 of my roughly 25 games. wasnt really bad, just that my teammates were probably 12 and would rage quit because they suck so its a 6v3 spawn camp which is annoying but rewarding when you can slap them down still and get a postive k/d. most of my online experience has been positive with balance. its when certain people try to "smurf" or cheat the system by partying with low levels to just poop on people that it gets dumb. at least with this cod i dont have to look up in the air constantly for someone wall jumping around me.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
well its not really their fault i waited 2 years to start the game is it? it happened 1 of my roughly 25 games. wasnt really bad, just that my teammates were probably 12 and would rage quit because they suck so its a 6v3 spawn camp which is annoying but rewarding when you can slap them down still and get a postive k/d. most of my online experience has been positive with balance. its when certain people try to "smurf" or cheat the system by partying with low levels to just poop on people that it gets dumb. at least with this cod i dont have to look up in the air constantly for someone wall jumping around me.
More referring to spawn camping

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
More referring to spawn camping
ahh, they have been trying to figure out that for quite awhile. you cant prevent it really so its more so a need for team balancing. if its a balanced game there is very minimal spawn camping as each side can change the tide. even if youre not trying to spawn camp and youre just running around the map it will seem like it if you can kill everyone easily.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
whats changed? every battlefield looks good, i got BF5 for free also and played it. honestly waiting for ps+ free games once the try hards move on doesnt bother me. i havent purchased a game on release date in quite some time.

if you have a next gen console they doubled the lobby size. They also added dynamic weather events (storms) such as tornados, etc. And they brought back the ability to destroy everything, to the point that skyscrapers are destroyable now. should be quite insane.

also added a revolutionary AI system from what ive read that will fill lobbies if needed.

new game types also

Reactions: BigT2002

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
last game i bought was nhl21 for $30. doubt ill buy anymore lol

The most recent CoD just pissed me off that I am completely done with that franchise. How they let that game go to public is beyond me.

That was also the last game I bought. I played NHL 21 for about 30 games and that was it. I picked up GTAV again for a little while, but wasn't nearly as much fun since I had to grind again as my original save was on my 360 and not XBONE. The only other game I own is RDR2, which I've completed 100% on already, so it is more just a "stress reliever" to go and commit crimes and crap.

I never thought I would say it....but I'm kinda over gaming, outside of a few simulator games and BotW :)

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
if you have a next gen console they doubled the lobby size. They also added dynamic weather events (storms) such as tornados, etc. And they brought back the ability to destroy everything, to the point that skyscrapers are destroyable now. should be quite insane.

also added a revolutionary AI system from what ive read that will fill lobbies if needed.

new game types also

That would require me to find a PS5 or Xbox Series X console. Which has largely been completely impossible from what Iv'e seen. I even follow the Twitter handle that apparently releases out when stores like Best Buy, Target are getting them....

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
That would require me to find a PS5 or Xbox Series X console. Which has largely been completely impossible from what Iv'e seen. I even follow the Twitter handle that apparently releases out when stores like Best Buy, Target are getting them....

i got my series x and ps5 within a month of following matt swider

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
i got my series x and ps5 within a month of following matt swider

If I were to buy one, I want the Series X and not the S. At this stage, the games are not coming out in droves like they did for PS2 when I waited for 9 hours at Target in Michigan to get it. With that, I'll be patient. Figured the first couple years would be dicey. But man...it is harder to get this than a bottle of Blantons Bourbon

Reactions: GuerinUp

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
with the PS5 out, I think I'm going to save up and switch to a gaming PC. I feel like I'm not the target dem for a lot of console games anymore. Rather get into games with mods and smaller indie games on steam.
Plus, your games don't become obsolete every 4-5 years. I'm currently playing Diablo 2 for shits and giggles. Guess when that was released; 2000. Don't need to dust
off a old console to play it.

If I were to buy one, I want the Series X and not the S. At this stage, the games are not coming out in droves like they did for PS2 when I waited for 9 hours at Target in Michigan to get it. With that, I'll be patient. Figured the first couple years would be dicey. But man...it is harder to get this than a bottle of Blantons Bourbon

I think there's 2 main reasons for this. It COULD be because of the microchip shortage that's been happening. In addition to that, back when PS2 came out you didn't have bots buying up all the inventory when things hit the shelf, just to resell it.

Reactions: HotDish

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

harder than finding a bottle of hennessy when the tariffs were in place :laugh:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

new game types also
well with that i just may have to invest, although my lady is pretty anti gaming so we shall see. sounds epic though if they were able to do as you say. requires me to find a ps5 though

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The most recent CoD just pissed me off that I am completely done with that franchise. How they let that game go to public is beyond me.

That was also the last game I bought. I played NHL 21 for about 30 games and that was it. I picked up GTAV again for a little while, but wasn't nearly as much fun since I had to grind again as my original save was on my 360 and not XBONE. The only other game I own is RDR2, which I've completed 100% on already, so it is more just a "stress reliever" to go and commit crimes and crap.

I never thought I would say it....but I'm kinda over gaming, outside of a few simulator games and BotW :)
outside of age of empires and mobile gaming im moving on slowly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad