OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Well seems like CM asked for rematch. Not sure what will happen to Khabib.

A multi fight deal doesn't mean you need to honor it. It just means IF you do fight you are signed for this value on next 5 fights. Brock Lesnar still has his deal from years ago and he retired, is coming back and will resume that contract.

He did but Khabib will now have to face the athletic commission.

Doing it as champion, must feel better than the fool across from him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
How can CM ask for a rematch? His only positive is surviving the mauling for 4 rounds.
I wouldn't set ANYTHING in stone at the moment, for both guys. A lot of stuff will have to be figured out, Khabib could be gone after this or get a slap on the wrist like Conor usually gets, Ferguson could be the next big opponent for either one of them, etc. It's all up in the air . I can't imagine a rematch would turn out any different though.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Shame that Zubaira Tukhugov is likely fired for punching McGregor. He was actually scheduled to fight Conor's best friend, the legend, the myth: Artem Lobov. :laugh:

Conor threw the first punch to cause this melee in the cage. Dana and the media wanted to make it seem like conor was just minding his business. Thankfully theres video footage to show the blatant bias, hypocrisy and preferential treatment of conor. I'm reddit streaming ufc if khabib and or his crew is banned.

Reactions: Andrei79 and TRG

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If he's not suspended for a while, we need to finally see Khabib v Ferguson

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dana needs to make that 165 division now more than ever. LW division is f***ed with Khabib likely facing a massive suspension (could be years) and Conor being embarrassed.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
The difference is where they took place. When UFC shows something in their ring its a reflection of the sport.

Bertuzzi hitting Moore says something about hockey. If Bertuzzi did something worse outside of the rink...it says something about Bertuzzi.

That's kind of how it works. Where UFC went wrong is not giving CM a little suspension to let it cool off. Instead they wanted full money ASAP.

Also, I can tell you are a Connor worshiper, because you forgot to mention a few of McTool's exploits like :

McGregor;
- Jumped fence and went after Aldo.
- Threw bottles at Diaz.
- Jumped fence at friends fight, interrupting an injured opponent from receiving medical attention, attacks referee. -
Attacks a bus with his whole team, nearly blinds someone.

Reactions: Fazkovsky and TRG

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Also, I can tell you are a Connor worshiper, because you forgot to mention a few of McTool's exploits like :

McGregor;
- Threw bottles at Diaz.
- Jumped fence at friends fight, interrupting an injured opponent from receiving medical attention, attacks referee. -
McGregor definitely got some of what was coming to him, but that doesn't take away from the fact Khabib jumped into the crowd and started a massive brawl. The guy is going to be suspended and fined in a massive way, and he deserves it. And it really was stupid as he won the fight and should have just taken the high road, and been happy in the victory and left the ring as the new king of MMA.

Reactions: Deebs

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
McGregor definitely got some of what was coming to him, but that doesn't take away from the fact Khabib jumped into the crowd and started a massive brawl. The guy is going to be suspended and fined in a massive way, and he deserves it. And it really was stupid as he won the fight and should have just taken the high road, and been happy in the victory and left the ring as the new king of MMA.

I agree, I just think its ironic CM fans are talking about showing class and respect lol. Dana White going on about what a disgraceful act it was, clearly forgot about his golden boys antics.

Reactions: habdynasty

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I agree, I just think its ironic CM fans are talking about showing class and respect lol. Dana White going on about what a disgraceful act it was, clearly forgot about his golden boys antics.
I agree Conor has definitely been a dummy many times before, but the melee yesterday was all Khabib- and that needs to be accepted.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Here's what Khabib said...

Moments after McGregor's fourth-round submission, the 30-year-old Russian jumped over the cage and headed towards the Irishman's team, prompting a melee.
'I know this is not my best side,' said Nurmagomedov: '[But McGregor] talked about my religion, he talked about my country. He talked about my father. He came to Brooklyn and he broke a bus. He almost killed a couple of people. What about this shit?'

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Conor threw the first punch to cause this melee in the cage. Dana and the media wanted to make it seem like conor was just minding his business. Thankfully theres video footage to show the blatant bias, hypocrisy and preferential treatment of conor. I'm reddit streaming ufc if khabib and or his crew is banned.

For what it's worth after Khabib attacked Danis an additional member of Khabib's team attacked Danis from behind. I believe Conor saw the 2 on 1, tried to jump the cage and when another person crossed the cage he let him have it so it wouldn't be 3 on 1.

McGregor;
- Threw bottles at Diaz.

He never attacked Aldo though.
Diaz threw the bottles first.
100% on this one. He was not supposed to be in the ring. Just like UFC Bellator decided to use it as promotion.
200% on this one as well. Was a ridiculously stupid move.

Dana said worse during Mcgregor bus attack.

I do like CM as a fighter more than Khabib. I prefer the KO victory vs the ground and pound style. I also think Khabib is a lot better of a person than CM as well.

But all this said I don't understand what my response has to do with your original comment:

Joe screaming about this being the worst thing that has happened to MMA... guess he forgot about Rampage running over a pregnant woman while being chased by the cops, Mayhem Miller's arrest and women beating that put him in jail, Lee Murray or Thiago Sylva's notorious crimes that got him some great press. Oh, and what about Mike Whitehead, Jeremy Jackson and “War Machine” Koppenhaver Joe? Sexual assaults a little worse than ring antics? Putz.

All I said was what makes things worse is where they happen. I said UFC was wrong for letting CM get away with it but that what fighters do outside of the ring is not a reflection on the sport. Does OJ Simpson or Hernandez killing people make NFL unwatchable? No...if it happened on the field though.

That's all I'm saying. Bad things are bad no matter where they happen but Rogan was talking about at the event, in the sport. That's all. I'm pretty sure he's not condoning Jon Jones doing a hit and run or something.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
My problem with Khabib is the whole nationalist vibe to him. Seems unhealthy.

Other than that I love his style.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
McGregor and his team got what they deserved. They wanted to get under Khabib's skin and knew they couldn't rile him with fight trash talk so they decided to go after his dad, his religion, his country, called his manager a snitch and dragged his alleged child support/custody issues into it. McGregor even shoved whisky in Khabib's face, knowing full well that Kahbib is a devout Muslim and doesn't drink alcohol and mocked him for refusing to drink.

They took it too far, completely classless, unprofessional and uncalled for. Trash talk is part of pro sports, I get it, but there's a line you don't cross. Of course that prick Dana only sees dollar signs coming out of McGregor's ass no matter what he does, so of all of that doesn't matter.

The guy single handedly ruined an entire card by attacking the fighters' bus and Dana didn't do shit about it, instead he rewarded him with a title fight. Now he's talking about potential additional suspension to Khabib from the UFC, other than what the NVSAC will hand him? strip him of his title? How long was McGregor out and refusing to fight before he finally stripped him of the title?

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018

Hes a devout muslim, that respects his people and family. Hes not from this part of the world. These things are sacred to him.

With that said, danis is a scumbag mcnugget follower and he hurled some bigoted comments towards khabib which set him off. If danis didnt say anything none of this would have happened. Khabib could have broken conors jaw with the crank. The fight ended, he told conor to be humble and danis started to beak off calling him a rat terrorist, etc, etc.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
McGregor and his team got what they deserved. They wanted to get under Khabib's skin and knew they couldn't rile him with fight trash talk so they decided to go after his dad, his religion, his country, called his manager a snitch and dragged his alleged child support/custody issues into it. McGregor even shoved whisky in Khabib's face, knowing full well that Kahbib is a devout Muslim and doesn't drink alcohol and mocked him for refusing to drink.

They took it too far, completely classless, unprofessional and uncalled for. Trash talk is part of pro sports, I get it, but there's a line you don't cross. Of course that prick Dana only sees dollar signs coming out of McGregor's ass no matter what he does, so of all of that doesn't matter.

The guy single handedly ruined an entire card by attacking the fighters' bus and Dana didn't do **** about it, instead he rewarded him with a title fight. Now he's talking about potential additional suspension to Khabib from the UFC, other than what the NVSAC will hand him? strip him of his title? How long was McGregor out and refusing to fight before he finally stripped him of the title?

Yah the double standard of the UFC and the media is telling and just disturbing. Conor has gotten away with so much garbage without even a slap on the wrist from the commission or UFC. He rushed aldo into the crowd, he attacked a referee in belator, the bus incident, the incessant bigotry in the khabib conferences. All was laughed about, never taken seriously.

The worst thing is conor will get away once again with the crap he started in the cage.

That video I showed, this is the result of Conor sucker punching khabibs cousin.

SPORT-PREVIEW-Abubakar-Nurmagomedov.jpg

Yet that pr*ck dana white, stated he was going to BAN and cut khabibs guys? Huh? Artem lobov and Conor got absolutely nothing for the bus incident, and these guys get cut...for something conor and his crew started? Give me a break. Should Khabib have rushed to attack danis? no. but conor escalated it to get it to this point, that scumby loser danis continued it. UFC is a joke man.

Reactions: Edgy

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Last night was the first time Dana White and the UFC got exposed for what they've been promoting in the past years: classless champions and a more entertainment driven business than for the love for mix martial arts. The brawl wasn't the most disgusting thing last night, but how the fans reacted afterwards. Fighting violently in T Mobile Arena. Classless, wreckless and complete useless violence was promoted.

That is the work of promoting someone like Conor McGregor. People like excitement, they like entertainment and especially like violence. But we forget how professional and how much of an ambassador Georges St-Pierre was to this organization and this discipline. Dana White countless of times did not show the respect to GSP when promoting his fights and questioning his return all the time. But yesterday, I did not see any champion. I did not see any martial artist between those two fighters. I saw two goons and their clans wanting to settle a vendetta and a feud that was exactly like a kids feud in middle school. My gang is stronger than yours etc.

MMA is about respect, discipline and will to teach and learn. GSP is the GOAT because of his tenure both inside and outside the Octogone. With that being said, I want Khabib vs GSP for that belt. And GSP wins it and call it a career. The best MMA fighter of all time.

Reactions: Edgy

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Khabib has been 100% class his entire career. Conor has been the rat that's given the sport a bad name...by bringing in his whackjob bandwagon beligerant fans and that "I dont give a foo* attitude" which the ufc loves to promote. Dana is all snivelling "hehe isnt conor the greatest"...no you idiot hes a criminal. Conor can think he can bad mouth a religion and have his entire fanbase and team jump in on the vocal assault. Have you seen the deragatory garbage spewed towards muslims and russians because of khabib all over social media? It's been inundated with it. This is no different than trump normalizing the blatant racism towards Mexicans and other ethnic groups in America. Dana and trump are friends. Two low life scum. This is 100% all on Dana white and the ufc. They promoted this fight. They allowed this nonsense to escalate. They normalized bigotry. Theres only so much a man can take. Khabib snapped and that's on Dana.

Gsp is one of my all time faves. A fight with khabib would be amazing. But I think at this point khabib would take him.

Reactions: habdynasty

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Opposite for me, his style is boring but effective. I don't mind his loyalty and pride.

The guy single handedly ruined an entire card by attacking the fighters' bus and Dana didn't do **** about it, instead he rewarded him with a title fight. Now he's talking about potential additional suspension to Khabib from the UFC, other than what the NVSAC will hand him? strip him of his title? How long was McGregor out and refusing to fight before he finally stripped him of the title?

DW didn't say he'd do anything. He said the commission will handle it and if they ban him for a long time he has to strip title but given I don't think he plans to strip him.

Hes a devout muslim, that respects his people and family. Hes not from this part of the world. These things are sacred to him.

With that said, danis is a ******* mcnugget follower and he hurled some bigoted comments towards khabib which set him off. If danis didnt say anything none of this would have happened. Khabib could have broken conors jaw with the crank. The fight ended, he told conor to be humble and danis started to beak off calling him a rat terrorist, etc, etc.

Well no, Conor tapped. Khabib didn't even want to let go and he's lucky herb dean forced it off. The notion of keeping the fight going after it's over is no longer sports.

So that's that. UFC should tell Conor and Khabib to lay low. I think both guys brought the worst out of each other.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
DW didn't say he'd do anything. He said the commission will handle it and if they ban him for a long time he has to strip title but given I don't think he plans to strip him.
He said if he's banned for a long time he'll strip him, but CM holding 2 divisions hostage for about 2 years before getting stripped or asked to relinquish a belt is perfectly reasonable time frame to DW. Also, he said he'll wait on the NVSAC decision on discipline before deciding/implementing his own while he openly admits that CM gets away with things more than other fighters because he brings in more money, if that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He said if he's banned for a long time he'll strip him, but CM holding 2 divisions hostage for about 2 years before getting stripped or asked to relinquish a belt is perfectly reasonable time frame to DW. Also, he said he'll wait on the NVSAC decision on discipline before deciding/implementing his own while he openly admits that CM gets away with things more than other fighters because he brings in more money, if that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

I still much rather pay another ppv to see this again than any wwe. Tbh

This is what a real man sports is all about, blood, sweat, brawls, drama.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

To be fair, McGregor is a draw. It's normal to an extent, unfair but normal. Also, DW considers his fight with Mayweather a fight.

At end of the day it's simple for UFC. Is it more lucrative to keep CM as champ or to strip him and let someone who is not even close be the headliner?

That's pretty much it. Again, unfair but CM gets a little more rope because he makes them a fortune.

Not saying I agree with it, only that I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad