OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This was probably direct retaliation for that but thought something might've also happened in the octagon.

Nah I don't think so. Khabib is a very proud man I think the shots at his family/Dagistan/Islam were upsetting enough. It was clear he genuinely disliked McGregor and it's not just a sport for him at that point.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
You're watching people beat people half to death... this is what you want and this is what you get.

i'm watching a sport confined by rules, i'm not interested in seeing human garbage sucker punch people in the back of the head

again, "why are you mad at Bertuzzi lol fights happen all the time"

Reactions: Jee

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Nothing will happen to a Khabib. Maybe some fines. Doesn’t matter because it’ll result in more money next fight anyways

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Just so people know. I believe guy who jumped McGregor in ring us Chechnian fighter who said CM would get it for talking about their political leader.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I could see Khabib retiring from the UFC altogether now that he's beaten Conor. He'll almost certainly get suspended for his antics tonight, but there were already rumours floating around before the fight that Khabib was seriously considering retiring from the UFC once he beat Conor, only to return if offered a superfight with GSP.

Could be just rumours, but after tonight's events, I wouldn't be surprised.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This I will agree with lol. Seeing people morality policing the UFC is hilarious lol. It's human coc k fights who gives a ****.

That’s not point. There will be fights in streets because of it. In Vegas a year after that horrible incident. Kind of bad timing and a mess.

Isolated it’s jist unprofessional but I worry more about the fans. There were fights at weigh ins I believe. Imagine now.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes Khabib should retire from UFC.
IMO he just exposed what is really wrong with the UFC and he would still become some kind of a legend (the guy that got suspended from UFC after beating everybody)

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
i'm not a McGregor fan boy, btw, that fight shouldn't have happened and he should've been stripped for the bus thing

That's what happens when you don't sanction properly. UFC did basically nothing about the dolly attack. They even used the footage for promotion. Then you have Conor throwing insults that are way out of line vs people that hang out with war criminals. Recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad