OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Alvarez fighting like he doesn’t want to be fighting. Terrible effort.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Very much deserved loss. This fight strengthened my belief that Alvarez got in a lucky punch in the first fight against Kovalev.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very much deserved loss. This fight strengthened my belief that Alvarez got in a lucky punch in the first fight against Kovalev.

I don't think it was a lucky punch, but Kovalev is a VERY good boxer. Always has been.

Alvarez now must hope to get a fight with one of the other champions, and perhaps in the future he'll get a rubber match with Kovalev. If he does, he'll need a better game plan than trying to land the over hand right. He's got to go to the body early and he's got to out box him in spots and out fight him in others - and go to the body early.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Seems like Alvarez really fell in love with his right hand after that one knockout and figured all he had to do was landing it again. You don't just become a power boxer mid career like that, you can't forget what brought you to the dance. I've seen the same thing happen quite a few times in combat sports in general.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
This is why I don't bother watching it anymore. You get in a guy's corner and he lays an egg. I wonder what Russ Anber will have to say about that on 5 à 7. But that KO was brutal. His corner wouldn't even let the guy near him after.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Alvarez should change coach. He was trash, too passive, looking for the KO, very predictable. Had to turn off after 9th round.

Thats not the Eleider I know.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Well that dude got the look of the spider and that was about it. Blue belt getting co main event, lol.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not sure about that. If Israel crushed him he'd be a superstar overnight and business wise that's better. You can excuse a 43 year old Silva losing.
It keeps Silva relevant enough to draw a decent crowd against another up and coming guy in the near future. Don't underestimate the effect of his ''aura'' for a lot of casual fans.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Bellator better get what they can from him this weekend cause there's no freaking way the guy is passing any post fight tests :laugh:
ovyt0otyhag21.jpg

Reactions: LyricalLyricist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad