WC: General Talk '12 — Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Very surprised with Laco.

Looks like we'll run Halak, Budaj, and Laco at the OG.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
Very surprised with Laco.

Looks like we'll run Halak, Budaj, and Laco at the OG.

forget on Budaj...hes offended that Vujtek didnt invited him as 1st goalie...id rather count with Halak, Laco and someone third who will shine in year 2013

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
proud on boys, and props to Vujtek who is one fantastic coach. I had no expectations after the years of suffering, but this year I´m pleased by team´s display and spirit, and last but not least, results.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
what about Janus in Sochi? Any chance?

hmm...tought to say...nr.1 for sure Halak...if Laco will continue well in Donetks (or how ist writing) in KHL then he will be nr.2...if not then there can be Hamerlik, Hudacek, Janus or some new discovery

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
hmm...tought to say...nr.1 for sure Halak...if Laco will continue well in Donetks (or how ist writing) in KHL then he will be nr.2...if not then there can be Hamerlik, Hudacek, Janus or some new discovery

thx, it is Donetsk

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
what about Janus in Sochi? Any chance?

depends on his development. If he makes it to back-up goalie in Tampa within 2 years, he will make Slovakia team as Nr.3. We have only one NHL-calibre goalie (Halak) and one washed up back-up in Montreal (Budaj), if Laco does well in KHL he could be projected as Nr.2. Stana/Lasak are still KHL-calibre goelies but their days in NT are imo over.

isuldor

May 11, 2012
So what's the deal with this crossover in the semi-finals? Are we going to have to play Russia, rather than the winner of Finland & the States?

1H-4H vs 2S-3S
2H-3H vs 1S-4S

So, we are going to play against winner of Sweden-Czech.

gago

Jun 16, 2011
So what's the deal with this crossover in the semi-finals? Are we going to have to play Russia, rather than the winner of Finland & the States?

Of course, it would be weird if you couldn't meet the other group until the finals. QFs were played within the same group probably to save one trip between two countries (Helsinki-Stockholm).

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I think we´re actually playing the winner of Sweden/Czech republic.

Oh good. I'd rather not have a piece of Russia any sooner than we have to...

Of course, it would be weird if you couldn't meet the other group until the finals.

Ah, maybe... Not playing the other group/conference/league until the finals is par for the course in North American sports, so I wouldn't find it that odd...

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Getzlaf:

2ajncea.gif

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
Allways rooting for Slovakia after Finland!! Having visited most of all big cities in central europe and toured pretty much all of east and west coast the city that had most charm was Bratislava, even though its not the most beautiful or biggest of them..:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad