WC: General Talk '12 — Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The Slovak federation has realeased the roster for teh first pre-WC camp this week. First camp starts on Monday.

Peter Hamerlík Třínec/CZE 1982
Ján Laco Lev Poprad/KHL 1981
Július Hudáček Sodertalje/SWE-2 1988

Ivan Baranka Spartak Moskva/KHL 1985
Michal Grman Banská Bystrica/SVK 1982
Ivan Jankovič Skalica/SVK 1990
Peter MikuÅ¡ České Budějovice/CZE 1985
Michal Sersen Sparta Praha/CZE 1985
Tomáš Starosta Yugra/KHL 1981
Peter Trška Slovan Bratislava/SVK 1992
René Vydarený České Budějovice/CZE 1981

Mario Bližňák Sparta Praha/CZE 1987
Martin Cibák Nižnekamsk/KHL 1980
Marcel Hossa Dinamo Riga/KHL 1981
Marek Hovorka Kladno/CZE 1984
Milan Kytnár HPK/FIN 1989
Adam Lapšanský HK Poprad/SVK 1990
Patrik LuÅ¡ňák Skalica/SVK 1988
Juraj Mikúš TPS/FIN 1987
Å tefan Ružička Spartak Moskva/KHL 1985
Ján Sýkora Banská Bystrica/SVK 1990
Rastislav Å pirko Lev Poprad/KHL 1984

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
There are only two Slovaks in the NHL I know that could make the Worlds team: Jurcina and Budaj. Maybe someone else would receive invites if their team is out of it.

Visnovsky?

Sekera if the Sabres don't make it would have to be a given too.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Looking at goaltending picture, where would Jaroslav Janus fit in this mix? Going by his numbers in AHL this year, it would appear he should at least get some consideration.

The Slovak federation has realeased the roster for teh first pre-WC camp this week. First camp starts on Monday.

Peter Hamerlík Třínec/CZE 1982
Ján Laco Lev Poprad/KHL 1981
Július Hudáček Sodertalje/SWE-2 1988

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Looking at goaltending picture, where would Jaroslav Janus fit in this mix? Going by his numbers in AHL this year, it would appear he should at least get some consideration.

Hard to tell you at the moment. Head coach Vujtek announced, he doesn't count on Janus this WC. IMO in fact it isn't the matter of quality, but the matter of availability before the WC.

Right now the list of Top Slovak goaltenders probably looks like this:

1. Jaroslav Halák St.Louis Blues/NHL
2. Peter Budaj Montreal Canadiens/NHL
... Ján LašÃ¡k Amur Khabarovsk/KHL
... Rastislav Staňa CSKA Moscow/KHL
5. Peter Hamerlík Třínec/CZE
6. Július Hudáček Sodertalje/SWE-2
... Jaroslav Janus Norfolk Admirals/AHL
8. Ján Laco Lev Poprad/KHL

Nowadays Slovakia has got the best mix of goalies since the split of Czechoslovakia :nod:

I think future of Slovak goaltending looks like this:

1. Jaroslav Halák St.Louis Blues/NHL
2. Július Hudáček Sodertalje/SWE-2
... Jaroslav Janus Norfolk Admirals/AHL
4. Peter Hamerlík Třínec/CZE

Last edited:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
now with real head coach Slovakia will be my dark horse ...

roster wil be mix of players playing in Europe without any stars - they won't have point leaders etc. but every player will be hardworker .. and I like team full of hardworkers :handclap:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
now with real head coach Slovakia will be my dark horse ...

roster wil be mix of players playing in Europe without any stars - they won't have point leaders etc. but every player will be hardworker .. and I like team full of hardworkers :handclap:

Yeah, it is pretty exciting, but last few years have taught me not to get my hopes too up....I´ll be calmer once I see the actual final roster...

Peter TrÅ¡ka, Richard Rapáč and Adam LapÅ¡anský didn´t arrive at the camp for various reasons. Instead there are D Richard Stehlík (Atlant MytiÅ¡či) and F Peter GalamboÅ¡ (Martin/SVK).

croAVSfan*

Can't wait for WC...it will be real pleasure to cheer for Canada, Swiss, Finland, Kazahstan, France, Belarus and USA ! :yo::yo::yo:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Line-up for today´s EHC game against Denmark:

Hamerlík (Laco)
Starosta, Baranka - Radivojevič, Cibák, Hossa
Kudroč, Vydarený - Hovorka, Mikúš J., Å pirko
Sersen, Stehlík - Surový, Bližňák, Ružička
Grman, Mikuš P. - Sýkora, Kytnár, Galamboš

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hey guys, I've made something to cheer you up. Not a very good quality, but I hope you get the idea :)

anewhopepromoposterbyob.jpg

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
what a deadly first line we´ve got....it will surely lead us to our graves one day...:(

Well, it's not even funny. Without these "KHL stars" Slovakia won two tourneys through the season. We lost twice to Denmark, we lost to Belarus and almost lost to Austria with them.

Now I'm sure, honesty is the most important factor Slovak NT is missing. We can't win anything, if the "leader" of our team is Martin Cibák. He's a career 4th liner. He has no skills, no creativity... 5 years ago he was quite good defensive center at his best. Now he's loosing almost all face-offs. When he's on the ice our opponent play almost whole shifts in our defensive zone = he's useless. The next "hero" of last two days was Richard Stehlík. I know he's 2 meters tall. However all his moves and even thinking are so slow it's painfull for a spectator. Height of Kristián Kudroč is also 2 metres, but he CAN skate.

Vujtek should be honest to these players and tell them: "sorry, youngsters are better than you."

I try to be positive. I think Juraj Mikúš proved he's a leader of this team. He has got a good chemistry with Rastislav Špirko. A big surprise was Juraj Sýkora. He showed some skiiiiiils. 10 years ago skillful wingers were the core of Slovak NT. Vujtek should get a chance on him. Milan Kytnár proved he's a good hardworking center.

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Well, it's not even funny. Without these "KHL stars" Slovakia won two tourneys through the season. We lost twice to Denmark, we lost to Belarus and almost lost to Austria with them.

Now I'm sure, honesty is the most important factor Slovak NT is missing. We can't win anything, if the "leader" of our team is Martin Cibák. He's a career 4th liner. He has no skills, no creativity... 5 years ago he was quite good defensive center at his best. Now he's loosing almost all face-offs. When he's on the ice our opponent play almost whole shifts in our defensive zone = he's useless. The next "hero" of last two days was Richard Stehlík. I know he's 2 meters tall. However all his moves and even thinking are so slow it's painfull for a spectator. Height of Kristián Kudroč is also 2 metres, but he CAN skate.

Vujtek should be honest to these players and tell them: "sorry, youngsters are better than you."

I try to be positive. I think Juraj Mikúš proved he's a leader of this team. He has got a good chemistry with Rastislav Špirko. A big surprise was Juraj Sýkora. He showed some skiiiiiils. 10 years ago skillful wingers were the core of Slovak NT. Vujtek should get a chance on him. Milan Kytnár proved he's a good hardworking center.

Well, it´s now Vujtek´s turn to show whether he really has any power over the selection of this team...

As far as deffense goes Vujtek kinda seems to like them big and erm useless, looking at the current roster and considering that another one has been called up in Mihálik.

Mikúš has been proving it the whole season, yet once the pre-WC games started he was stuck on the 3rd line?! Okay, they got move up to the 2nd line for the other game, but it still says. And it´s Cibák and Bližňák who got to play first two Cs over him? I like Bližňák, but he is a bottom 6 player. What kind of decision is it to stick your only C who has at least heard about creativity on the 3rd line?

Another huge disappointment was Ružička, I kinda got used to the fact that he pulls a Hudini once the WC starts, but he forgot to show up before the WC this time too.

Certian gentlemen obviously seem to believe that they have places secured on the NT, if Vujtek had any guts he should have sent at least one of them home coughCibákcough to show the others that the have to fight for their places and if they still continued to play like this, he should send even more of them home. It would also send a message to the youngsters that they actually have some chance to make it to the big show, because if Vujtek continues with the KHL "stars", even though it wasn´t them who showed up throughout the season, I´d tell Vujtek/Sykora to go screw themselves if I were a young player. Because if it continues this way than I´m done with this team, I´ve had enough since the 2008 WC. But the fact that neither Cbák nor Stehlík weren´t sent packing home yet is hardly a good sign.

As for Sýkora, I liked the way he played (even though he was kinda selfish at times), but it´s hardly such a huge surprise for anyone who´s seen him play in Banská Bystrica. Kytnár surprised me more as the only time I have seen him play was 2009 WJC...

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
D Andrej Sekera Buffalo Sabres/NHL 1986
D Milan Jurčina New York Islanders/NHL 1983

should be joining the Slovak team next week.

And it looks like F Tomáš Tatar Grand Rapid Griffins/AHL 1990 will join the team during the last week before the WC. Well acc. to this he´s like to join sooner, but the Wings want him to stay in DET at least until 1st round of NHL play-offs is done.

It´s hardly shocking that the Bolts refused SZĽH request to release Richard Pánik as the Admirals have aspirations to make quite the run in the AHL play-offs.

Vujtek still claims that about 70% of current team will play at the WC too. Eeks.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Sýkora stuck on a line with Hossa AND Cibák tonight...lol,.is Vujtek trying to make him look bad on purpose, so we don´t complain once he´s cut? :D

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Sýkora stuck on a line with Hossa AND Cibák tonight...lol,.is Vujtek trying to make him look bad on purpose, so we don´t complain once he´s cut? :D

You're being more and more sarcastic as the WC comes closer. I don't want to know what you will be saying 3 weeks from now :D

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Quiz question for tonight- Vujtek´s shaking head after Sýkora scored in SO:
a) oh ****, now I can´t send him home again
b) how could we be so dumb last week and prefer Radivojevič in the SO over him?

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
That was nice SO, he isnt leaving the team?

No, not yet. It´s just a feeling that he will eventually, even if players who performed much worse will still stick around.

It´s really impossible not to love this dude
1232405_jan-sykora-hokej-reprezentacia-zraz.jpg

"I still have lots to do in order to be able to rival the best. First of all I have to bulk up, because tonight I was flying like a rag out there. Why´s that? It´s probably my metabolism. I eat a horalka (a kind of wafers really popular in Slovakia) and in a few minutes I´m already sitting on WC."

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
No, not yet. It´s just a feeling that he will eventually, even if players who performed much worse will still stick around.

It´s really impossible not to love this dude
1232405_jan-sykora-hokej-reprezentacia-zraz.jpg

"I still have lots to do in order to be able to rival the best. First of all I have to bulk up, because tonight I was flying like a rag out there. Why´s that? It´s probably my metabolism. I eat a horalka (a kind of wafers really popular in Slovakia) and in a few minutes I´m already sitting on WC."

His smile is pure gold. Look at this video at 0:27 ;). What a similarity :laugh:. Check it out:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad