Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Boldy is one of only two players in the top 20 of the 2019 that hasn't played in the NHL.
They've certainly taken their time with him, but he'd be up with the NHL team right now instead of Shaw if he hadn't been injured. Don't think he would've gotten in versus the Oilers, but I would've bet on him playing in San Jose and/or LA.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He could be a part of a + or ++. He’s having a solid year.

He's a 21-22 year old fourth year college player having his very first good year, if he wasn't having a good year we wouldn't even be considering signing him, and he can become a UFA in the summer if he wants to. He'd be the third or fourth most valuable piece in what I'm guessing you want is a deal for a top six center.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
He's a 21-22 year old fourth year college player having his very first good year, if he wasn't having a good year we wouldn't even be considering signing him, and he can become a UFA in the summer if he wants to. He'd be the third or fourth most valuable piece in what I'm guessing you want is a deal for a top six center.
You sure seem quick to write him off, but ok. I mean Backstrom was a 28 YO rookie but that’s not the same, just a different late bloomer. A rental is another option, but yes for something. I mean Trocheck was traded for 4 pieces, so it’s not crazy to sign him and use him as a trade piece.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You sure seem quick to write him off, but ok. I mean Backstrom was a 28 YO rookie but that’s not the same, just a different late bloomer. A rental is another option, but yes for something. I mean Trocheck was traded for 4 pieces, so it’s not crazy to sign him and use him as a trade piece.

I've watched him for three years now, so I'm pretty familiar with the player, yeah. I'm gonna choose to ignore the Backstrom comment because that's a pretty weird comparison here.

For the record, sign him, trade his rights, let him walk, I don't really care, but his rights carry no value at the moment. He won't be a make or break piece of any deal, if Guerin decides to make one. And you can't sign him until his season is over, which is long past the trade deadline, so make no mistake, you would be trading his rights, which are set to expire in less than six months (at the deadline) anyway.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Rossi is back tonight centering Rau and Bitten. Khovanov has been moved up to the third line centering Giroux and Beckman.

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rossi looks good, as always. Not hesitant...if anything, more aggro than before. He's now sitting in the box for a slash. I think he's been told that it's better to be the hunter than the hunted.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Khovanov isn't a star by any means, but if he can keep his shit together with his fitness and preparedness and whatever other mental things he needs to work on to keep his head in the game, he could still be an NHL player. He's been improving every game and he can make some nice plays. Hopefully now that he's here he'll get the chance to stay and iron out the issues in Iowa.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And leaving Beckman in Iowa was clearly the right choice at this point. He needs more seasoning.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Really hoping Rossi learns to avoid hits or how to take them without getting destroyed. He doesn't get it figured out, he's going to be PMB 2.o.

And that Khovanov goal was a beaut. Be nice to see him stack up a bunch of those.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Disclaimer: I've never seen McBain play. But a center with size who has some ability sounds like an excellent add to the system. If he can play the hard heavy game the Wild have been showing off this year, I hope they sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad