Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah I think he's a no brainer pick for that team. Don't think the other two make it because of the left side depth.
Agreed. I could see them making it as a 7th defensemen. Cormier is also good, though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Agreed. I could see them making it as a 7th defensemen. Cormier is also good, though.

Yeah, maybe. I think it helps that they both wear the C for their club, so they may make it as 7th/8th guys for that reason alone.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
At this point, I consider Hunter Jones and Alexander Khovanov no longer in the top 20 of prospects. I don't know how bad the Heartlanders are, but Jones' numbers do not look good. Can't believe we traded up to grab him. Khovanov is putting up numbers, but I'd hope he would have been a permanent player in Iowa at this point.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
At this point, I consider Hunter Jones and Alexander Khovanov no longer in the top 20 of prospects. I don't know how bad the Heartlanders are, but Jones' numbers do not look good. Can't believe we traded up to grab him. Khovanov is putting up numbers, but I'd hope he would have been a permanent player in Iowa at this point.
I think Jones will be an NHL backup at some point

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He's putting up worse numbers in the ECHL than in the AHL last season. He's a whole goal higher.

Isn't this a brand new roster for the ECHL team? Might be difficult to expect a goalie to put up good numbers if the team in front of him is horrible.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Isn't this a brand new roster for the ECHL team? Might be difficult to expect a goalie to put up good numbers if the team in front of him is horrible.

Team is last in the league, offense is about middle of the pack, but they've allowed more goals than other teams by a significant margin. Whether that's an issue with coaching, the defensemen, or goaltending, maybe a bit of all three, I don't know.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
Wild Prospects who have a chance or are locks for the WJC

Carson Lambos
Jesper Wallstedt
Ryan O'Rourke
Daemon Hunt
Marat Khusnutdinov
Pavel Novak
Jack Peart?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wild Prospects who have a chance or are locks for the WJC

Carson Lambos
Jesper Wallstedt
Ryan O'Rourke
Daemon Hunt
Marat Khusnutdinov
Pavel Novak
Jack Peart?
Seven names and only one's a winger.

200w.gif

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
He's putting up worse numbers in the ECHL than in the AHL last season. He's a whole goal higher.

With goalies, I always leave the door open for a career path as a NHL backup because how volatile that position is but that said, he's definitely out of my top 20 prospects and no way a potential starter. And yes, I celebrated drafting Wallstedt :thumbu:

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
With goalies, I always leave the door open for a career path as a NHL backup because how volatile that position is but that said, he's definitely out of my top 20 prospects and no way a potential starter. And yes, I celebrated drafting Wallstedt :thumbu:

True; just annoyed that the Wild traded up to grab him, even though he was an overager and his numbers weren't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad