Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I wanted them to take the other Strome brother. I wasn't a fan of the 2017 draft at all, but their first pick that year was late 3rd rounder.

we'll see on Lodnia too but if Shaw could stay healthy we'd be singing Flahr's praises

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
OK, then let's not draft anyway from the Q, is that it?

Put another way, is there anyone out there who would not do a straight trade of FJo for Veleno, especially given our team needs? I can't believe that posters are quibbling about this.

I'd make the trade, but you could pretty much swap out their names for "center prospect" and "RHD prospect". It's a trade I'd make, and a draft pick I'd re-do, based almost solely on team need.

I also recognize that their numbers would look vastly different if Veleno was playing in a Swedish men's league and Johansson was playing in the Q.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
OK, then let's not draft anyway from the Q, is that it?

Put another way, is there anyone out there who would not do a straight trade of FJo for Veleno, especially given our team needs? I can't believe that posters are quibbling about this.
I think that we should continue to do all of our scouting with nothing more than hockeydatabase.com and if anyone offers a different opinion, we can blow it out of proportion with a ton of hyperbole. If you're going to post Johannson's stats to bitch about the pick, you don't get to bitch about someone doing the same about anyone else.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't touch Lafreniere with a 40-foot baguette!

It's not to rag on the Q, but guys do tend to put up a lot of points there even relative to the other CHL leagues. We've seen guys like Phillips do very well there and do next to nothing once they hit the AHL. It just requires a few more grains of salt than some of the other leagues, in my mind.
That's why you're on a fourm and not in a NHL front office.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wouldn't touch Lafreniere with a 40-foot baguette!

It's not to rag on the Q, but guys do tend to put up a lot of points there even relative to the other CHL leagues. We've seen guys like Phillips do very well there and do next to nothing once they hit the AHL. It just requires a few more grains of salt than some of the other leagues, in my mind.
Surely the must be more reason than the Q on why you'd avoid him? I mean, same league as Crosby (same team in fact) and surely you wouldn't have avoided Crosby, correct?

Comparing him to Phillips because of the league isn't fair. Phillips had a very serious skating issue with his game, and played with a couple players that made his numbers look better than they would have been without him. He wasn't a player that came in as a 16yro in that league and put up the most goals by a player at that age since Crosby.

I see no reason skillset wise to avoid him at all. No real weakness in his game, and even has decent size at 6'1.

Is my sarcasm generator not turned up high enough?
and I fell for it... :facepalm:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm glad that was sarcasm because I don't know what a baguette is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask...
Also known as French Bread
1998_Baguette%20Casera.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't get to watch any of these games, but this stat line is nice to see for a goalie so many were upset about trading up for.
I don't think many were...I know 1 or 2 may have been vocal about it, but I thought most were fine with it.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Where the **** does a guy get a 40 foot baguette?

Here, apparently
The longest baguette is 132.62 m (435 ft 1 in) and was achieved by Croce Rossa Italiana - Comitato della Provincia di Como (Italy) in Como, Italy, on 16 June 2019. This record attempt was organised as part of a fundraising event.Jun 16, 2019

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I don't think many were...I know 1 or 2 may have been vocal about it, but I thought most were fine with it.

I thought I remembered people being upset that we traded back up for him. I could be wrong, and I'm not wasting time to go look. Just nice to have a pretty solid list of prospects doing well right now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I thought I remembered people being upset that we traded back up for him. I could be wrong, and I'm not wasting time to go look. Just nice to have a pretty solid list of prospects doing well right now.

I remember confusion more than anything.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Those couple who didn't like it were pretty vocal, but I remember most were either silent about it or defended it. I know I thought the Jones pick was pretty good myself though. :dunno:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think a lot of people just want as many shots at it in the draft as possible, so giving up a 4th rounder to move up in the 3rd (if that's what this was, I can't remember) is seen as a "waste" of a pick. That might cause some consternation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad