Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Same answer: if Kahkonen's promoted sign him and put him in Iowa. If Kahkonen stays put leave him in the OHL.

The issue is, it might not be best for Jones to go back. The reason is they can only have 3 overagers and they have a lot of players in consideration.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The issue is, it might not be best for Jones to go back. The reason is they can only have 3 overagers and they have a lot of players in consideration.
If it came down to it I guess we could move Robson and roll with Kahkonen and Jones as a tandem. That might not be ideal, but it'd make goalie call-ups a little less disruptive for Iowa. :dunno: Doesn't seem like a big deal either way.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If it came down to it I guess we could move Robson and roll with Kahkonen and Jones as a tandem. That might not be ideal, but it'd make goalie call-ups a little less disruptive for Iowa. :dunno: Doesn't seem like a big deal either way.

Could Robson be assigned to the ECHL team?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I know the CHL has talked about exempting goalies from the 3 over-agers limit. Has that not happened yet?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Could Robson be assigned to the ECHL team?
Robson can be assigned anywhere.

His statline doesn't really suggest he's got much of an NHL future at this point, so i doubt the Wild would have much qualms sending him down.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The best place for Jones is in the CHL and of his current team doesn’t want to keep him as one of the overagers I’m sure they’ll trade him. He doesn’t need to be tossed into the AHL.

It’s also entirely possible that he would be one of the three overagers they want to keep. Most of the other guys don’t have much for NHL futures and goalie is an important position.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The best place for Jones is in the CHL and of his current team doesn’t want to keep him as one of the overagers I’m sure they’ll trade him. He doesn’t need to be tossed into the AHL.

It’s also entirely possible that he would be one of the three overagers they want to keep. Most of the other guys don’t have much for NHL futures and goalie is an important position.

Yep. Most over-agers aren't first liners.

Given the option between your starting goalie, and a 2nd pairing D or mid 6 forward, i'm pretty sure most teams are going to take the good starting goalie.

Reactions: AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
On straight from the source with Tim Army, he made is sound like he plans on having Khovanov in and out of the lineup to start next year

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
f*** that guy.
The whole impression I got from this guy is that he think all these young guys are going to have a big-time transition. And, while that’s likely true, how you handle Sokolov/Dewar better be a lot Different than you handle Khovanov.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The whole impression I got from this guy is that he think all these young guys are going to have a big-time transition. And, while that’s likely true, how you handle Sokolov/Dewar better be a lot Different than you handle Khovanov.

But why say it now, before you've even seen him in camp?

But I guess he can't really do anything that Guerin doesn't at least implicitly sign off on.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm guessing that when Mikko Rantanen went to the AHL as a 19 year old, that they didn't start him 'in and out of the lineup'.
They certainly did not. But, was he the coach of that team or was he an assistant on the Avs? Either way, I just get a bad feeling he think Khovanov is Sokolov 2.0. Russo did say that the wild view Khovanov as their 2nd best prospect, though. So, I don’t think Guerin will stand for it

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
it's just so impressive that Khovanov is still at 2ppg. I think he can be a real good OHL player next year

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just a heads up - no Traverse City Tournament this coming year.

Ask Russo: The latest on Kaprizov, Wild playoff push,...
Does the CBA allow the Wild to augment (translator, driver, cook etc) a player on an entry-level contract? Assuming that Kaprizov signs, will the Wild bring him to development camp?
— Elmer V.

As far as I know, a team can hire anybody it wants. When Pavel Bure was with the Panthers, they hired his pal as a massage therapist. Columbus, back in the day, hired Russian support staff to help their Russian players adjust to this different culture. I asked Guerin, and he said the Wild plan to bring Kaprizov over to development camp June 28-July 3 and he would likely play one of the rookie games in September. By the way, the Wild have a different plan, I believe, for their prospects in the fall, so stay tuned. But sounds like they’re not going to Traverse City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad