OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
That seems fair in regards to the radio stuff. There's a lot of barstool stuff out there that's really awful though. But not the right place to get into that.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
That seems fair in regards to the radio stuff. There's a lot of barstool stuff out there that's really awful though. But not the right place to get into that.
It's either listen to a bunch of trolls baiting people or PMT pretending to know what they're talking about.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm family vacation (with the in-laws) in Tampa at the end of the month. My only plan so far is to go to a Rays game. So anything in Tampa I should go and do/see/eat?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm family vacation (with the in-laws) in Tampa at the end of the month. My only plan so far is to go to a Rays game. So anything in Tampa I should go and do/see/eat?

Cuban Coffee if you like coffee. Make sure to try Tiger Fish while you're down there. Same with shrimp. Everything is coming right off the boat in that region. I really enjoy the night life as well. But I'm guessing you won't be doing too much of that lol.

If you're going to clearwater, hit the beaches. They are some of the best in the world.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
The ads are out of hand today. I'm not going to buy a f***ing truck just because I accidentally clicked on your jumpy ad. Sure, the first couple of times, 'cause I'm not some tease, but I ran out of driveway space a few threads ago.

Reactions: 2Pair

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
For some reason, whenever I leave this site lately, I have an urge to punch the Chevy ad guy in the face. Can't understand why....

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
on clearwater beach i really like frenchy's rockaway grill , try the blackened grouper sandwich. siesta key beach in sarasota is a spectacular beach about an hour ish away. cheers! last night i watched shark week with shaq , it was hilarious. ps pm me if you want a list of st pete bar bars

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Looks like the end of the road for MoviePass, to no ones surprise.
Hmm.. I used it today without issue. I see the news that said they had a temporary crash in service because of lack of cash for the transactions though. The service is still going though.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Hmm.. I used it today without issue. I see the news that said they had a temporary crash in service because of lack of cash for the transactions though. The service is still going though.
For how much longer though? The fact that they still pay full price for the tickets seems to be one of a few big factors in why they ran short.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
For how much longer though? The fact that they still pay full price for the tickets seems to be one of a few big factors in why they ran short.
Dunno, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. That's all I've ever said. I've seen so many more movies than I would have in the past year! It's been awesome, and will continue to be for as long as it keeps going. ;)

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Dunno, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. That's all I've ever said. I've seen so many more movies than I would have in the past year! It's been awesome, and will continue to be for as long as it keeps going. ;)
I always tell myself that I will go see some of these movies by myself. But something always comes up.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Eighth Grade is a very good movie. Felt soooooo real, almost like a documentary (minus the great score). Can’t say enough good things, great writing/directing debut from Bo, and Elsie was perfect in her role.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The city of Nashville hates either me or my Dodge.
-On my drive down to Fla the bearing in the AC compressor decided it was time to die. Not a huge deal; except not having AC for the rest of the trip; just get a different serpentine belt for the same engine without the AC installed. Except the autoparts place sold me the old belt that was 1/2" too short and had been superseded by a slightly larger belt.
-On the drive home from Fla I had a tire blow out at 9pm on the I right across the street from the Titans' Stadium. Not a flat, the entire tread separated from the sidewalls, the tread part was still in a complete circle was 200 yards away from where I stopped. I killed the rim that was on the Dodge (metal on asphalt is bad), the treaded part somehow managed to FUBAR the rim and tire of my spare (mounted under the vehicle) too.

Lucky the towtruck driver (yay for AAA) had a couple of similar rims and tires on a parts vehicle at home that he sold me after he got done with work. We gladly left Nashville at 2am.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The city of Nashville hates either me or my Dodge.
-On my drive down to Fla the bearing in the AC compressor decided it was time to die. Not a huge deal; except not having AC for the rest of the trip; just get a different serpentine belt for the same engine without the AC installed. Except the autoparts place sold me the old belt that was 1/2" too short and had been superseded by a slightly larger belt.
-On the drive home from Fla I had a tire blow out at 9pm on the I right across the street from the Titans' Stadium. Not a flat, the entire tread separated from the sidewalls, the tread part was still in a complete circle was 200 yards away from where I stopped. I killed the rim that was on the Dodge (metal on asphalt is bad), the treaded part somehow managed to FUBAR the rim and tire of my spare (mounted under the vehicle) too.

Lucky the towtruck driver (yay for AAA) had a couple of similar rims and tires on a parts vehicle at home that he sold me after he got done with work. We gladly left Nashville at 2am.
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, but also glad to hear you weren't injured! Tread separation can end up very badly at speed! That's why all cars are now mandated to have tire pressure sensors... Firestone had a problem with their tires in the late 90's that resulted in their tires separating when being driven while underinflated. Several deaths resulted from it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not to be that guy, but today's teens aren't millennials.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :huh::scared:

Exactly, it's semantics only. The reason I used the term was to identify a cutoff point where everyone after is getting less and less exposure to manual systems of any type. The last couple generations are the first to come into a largely automated world.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, but also glad to hear you weren't injured! Tread separation can end up very badly at speed! That's why all cars are now mandated to have tire pressure sensors... Firestone had a problem with their tires in the late 90's that resulted in their tires separating when being driven while underinflated. Several deaths resulted from it.

I didn't know that's where the tire pressure sensors came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad