OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Crazy six months. Got a new job as an outside sales rep. Moved to Georgia for work training, back to MN to get married. Just recently moved to Bozeman, MT for the next few years.
Wow, congrats. For as much as people rip Montana for being in the middle of nowhere, it would probably be great to live there if you are at least near a bigger city (which you are).

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I love it here. I miss the lakes, but the mountains are a good alternative. It's nice to have a change of scenery, at least for a few years while I'm young. Weather is usually in the 60's-70's and no humidity or mosquitos!

Reactions: Wild11MN

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Crazy six months. Got a new job as an outside sales rep. Moved to Georgia for work training, back to MN to get married. Just recently moved to Bozeman, MT for the next few years.

Heard nothing but good stuff for living out there. Sadly my job pretty much dictates that I be by a major airport.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So, this is what hell feels like.

Home weather station has the heat index at 114. I miss winter. Seriously. I do! Trying to get stuff done outside requires a break every 20-30 minutes at this point. Stay safe out there, guys.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Home weather station has the heat index at 114. I miss winter. Seriously. I do! Trying to get stuff done outside requires a break every 20-30 minutes at this point. Stay safe out there, guys.
No thanks. I'm perfectly comfortable sitting in my air conditioning and not dealing with snow or negative temps.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I don't miss winter. 7 months of that shit is more than enough. But I do like distinct seasons, which includes a little ark-opening melting of humanity. That summer a few years ago that had like one day touch 90 degrees felt like the biggest rip-off since probably whatever Wild postseason preceded it, and it was bookended by winters that didn't give a Gandhi shit about weather karma. Anyways, whatever the extreme weather, just follow the simple rule of Don't Lick The f***ing Driveway and you'll be fine. Rule also valid in mild weather.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

I don't mind it being this hot at all really. Nor do I mind it when its -20 outside. But in 20-30yrs you will for sure hear me cussing up a storm about the weather.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I'm pretty used to this coming from living in Houston for the last 15ish years on and off, but I'll be damned if I didn't step outside today and say "Holy shit, that's warm!"

I'm with some of you guys though, I prefer it to be in the 50s-60s at times over supreme heat and humidity. Both extremes of the temperature scale can kindly go away though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm pretty used to this coming from living in Houston for the last 15ish years on and off, but I'll be damned if I didn't step outside today and say "Holy ****, that's warm!"

I'm with some of you guys though, I prefer it to be in the 50s-60s at times over supreme heat and humidity. Both extremes of the temperature scale can kindly go away though.
The thing is, extreme heat makes you want to do... nothing! Too fricking hot, must move as little as possible.

When it's -20°f, it gets your blood flowing and makes you want to move move move!

I LOVE that energizing feeling that comes with stepping out into the freezing cold in the dead of winter!

Reactions: Saga of the Elk

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just picked up a NES from Walmart.

I can't wait to hear the kid howl when she dies in Mario and has to start over from the beginning. :D

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I just picked up a NES from Walmart.

I can't wait to hear the kid howl when she dies in Mario and has to start over from the beginning. :D
Want to really frustrate her? Find a way for her to play Battletoads! Much tougher game from back in those days, and still got sent to the beginning once out of lives!

I didn't know anyone who failed to beat Mario brothers, yet none of them were ever able to beat battletoads!

Such a frustratingly fun game it was!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
93x just had a light hearted interview with zach parise called "zach's crib" hes got 2 pugs named boka & rizzo. if you have nothing better to do worth a listen. fyi i channel surf alot. i cant stand blibber blabber.

Last edited:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I don't mind some of the guys on the PT. Meatsauce and Hawkey are horrible. I got into Barstool podcasts a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Oh man, Barstool *shudders*. Powertrip is the only KFAN show I listen to mostly the entire thing every day. Probably since they don't talk about sports hardly at all. Usually skip PA except during hockey season, then I'll check in with Common 12-3.

My goodness, the heat though. Few friends and I did our annual golf trip this past weekend...and it was almost unbearable at times. Played Friday-Tuesday 18 each day...Friday here in MN but then drove to WI/Madison area to play a few courses over there. We stopped at the new Sand Valley resort and it looks incredible. We only played their 17 hole 'short' course and that was still ~$70...with the longest hole being about 130 or so. I think the main courses (Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes) are at least ~$250 or so? Would be quite an experience to play them all. In the parking lot did see a nice car with the license plate that had a Blackhawks logo saying 'MGMT' so that was pretty interesting...would management type guys actually have a license plate that said that? :laugh:

After that we played Lawsonia Links, University Ridge, The Oaks and Wild Rock (by the Dells). All were pretty nice to play...my play wasn't very good but the courses themselves were pretty sweet. Then we hung out in Madison in the mornings and nights...it's a really cool place over there as I'm sure many already know. All in all, successful trip even though we all nearly melted.

Next year on to the Brainerd area :).

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I can't stand either of them. And worse than both is the Power Trip.

Guess this just depends on age? I'm close in age to 3 out of the 4. And I listen to it moreso for their guests than what they are actually saying. The fact they don't dive too hard into things like political or religious crap (like Tom Benard loves to do) is great. They have enough sports to keep you in the know of what happened the prior day, but not so much time on it that you press em to stop.

Oh man, Barstool *shudders*. Powertrip is the only KFAN show I listen to mostly the entire thing every day. Probably since they don't talk about sports hardly at all. Usually skip PA except during hockey season, then I'll check in with Common 12-3.

The only issue I have with KFAN in general is that it is naturally 90% Vikings crap. About the only time they GAF about the Wild (or any other sport) is if one of the players is going to be on the show, or its playoffs. Even in the NFL off-season, all they talk about are the hot rumors going on around what the Vikings are doing. Or what other football players are doing. Everything else takes a seat.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Guess this just depends on age? I'm close in age to 3 out of the 4. And I listen to it moreso for their guests than what they are actually saying. The fact they don't dive too hard into things like political or religious crap (like Tom Benard loves to do) is great. They have enough sports to keep you in the know of what happened the prior day, but not so much time on it that you press em to stop.
Well I'm only 26, but acting like idiots on the radio is just not my sense of humor. Give me Barrairo all day.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Podcasts and music from my phone only for me, can’t stand any of the morning shows, or most radio in general.

I'm tuned out of most everything. I wouldn't even know where to find a podcast. I like peas for a pod, does that count? The talking heads either on tv or the radio just don't interest me.

The only decent Talking Heads:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

My goodness, the heat though. Few friends and I did our annual golf trip this past weekend...and it was almost unbearable at times. Played Friday-Tuesday 18 each day...Friday here in MN but then drove to WI/Madison area to play a few courses over there. We stopped at the new Sand Valley resort and it looks incredible. We only played their 17 hole 'short' course and that was still ~$70...with the longest hole being about 130 or so. I think the main courses (Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes) are at least ~$250 or so? Would be quite an experience to play them all. In the parking lot did see a nice car with the license plate that had a Blackhawks logo saying 'MGMT' so that was pretty interesting...would management type guys actually have a license plate that said that? :laugh:

After that we played Lawsonia Links, University Ridge, The Oaks and Wild Rock (by the Dells). All were pretty nice to play...my play wasn't very good but the courses themselves were pretty sweet. Then we hung out in Madison in the mornings and nights...it's a really cool place over there as I'm sure many already know. All in all, successful trip even though we all nearly melted.

Next year on to the Brainerd area :).
A big reason why I like Barstool is they are great at playing characters that are easy to hate and love at the same time. Bumbling idiot is a perfect description for most of their hosts. I don't listen to the main show as much, but PMS, SC, ZBT, and PMT are great for me. I can't stand Common or Barreiro anymore. They have officially moved into the "old man yells at cloud" group for me.

I help my dad with fireworks shows over the 3-4th of July every year and this year was more brutal than the previous few. Even though almost all shows are done electrically the setup is still all manual. It wasn't even that hot temperature wise as how high the damn humidity was. I'd take a day when it's 95-100 with 10%> humidity than a 80 degree with 80% humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese